October 2015 Discount Code Watch

Editing this post because for some reason when I looked on my phone the days didn't seem to include the week before Thanksgiving but when I pulled it up on the website it does - sorry for any confusion with my original post!

Last edited:
I was able to apply the discount to my Pop reservation, but was hoping to switch to Wilderness Lodge. There is nothing available at all for my dates! In fact, there are A LOT of resorts unavailable with the discount but are showing availability for full rack rate.

Impatiently waiting to hear back from TA to see if she can apply the discounts to my ressie Oct. 16-26! Saving 10-15% off my Cars Family Suite would be awesome! What a nice way to start off my Monday :yay:

I was able to apply the discount to my Pop reservation, but was hoping to switch to Wilderness Lodge. There is nothing available at all for my dates! In fact, there are A LOT of resorts unavailable with the discount but are showing availability for full rack rate.

I tried to add the discount through MDE but it wasn't showing available for my room...it showed available for different rooms within my resort for that week but not my room category. It only showed it available for outer buildings at GF. I'm on the phone now though to see.

Didn't seem like much of a percent off as before?

I was wondering the same thing with this. I looked back at past years' discounts around the same season and it seems that it was 15-30% discounts, but these discounts go at 10-25%...I wonder if Disney will continue to decrease discounts going forward...

Going Oct 9-18th - switched from movies to POP for $100 "savings" ..tried POR, and FQ nothing. Boo!

I'm going to vent right now Dizzers like a lot of people. I called for the discount and got nothing. All the waiting for this discount was all for naught and it's disgusting. I've had my qualifying package since earlier this year and you would think Disney would add the discount to your package if you're staying in a room that actually qualifies but no. I'm a Disney fan for life but despite that, they really need to change their business practices when it comes to these discounts and promos. I've spoken to a lot of people around the blogs and forums and they weren't able to get the discount either. Some were up as early as 5am in their time zone for the discount and STILL didn't get it. In my opinion, these discounts should be given to ANYBODY who qualifies, throw out the room availability B.S. Point blank, set the room types to reserve in order to get the discount for new vacationers. For the vacationers that already have a qualifying room only or package, give them the discount, no questions asked. I can't wait for the day when a lot of people protest about it through their wallets and Disney will have no choice but to change. I don't think it'll happen too soon but I'm going to have my fingers crossed. Why have a promo when you're only going to shut out a majority of your customers?

Ugh. I just saw this around 12 (est) and called right away. Just got off the phone a few minutes ago and nothing left at values except for Sports. I was at Pop, but saved $200 so ok. Trying to be positive, we are going to disney and i'm saving some money. But why all the limited availability?

From what I've read the discounts are limited because most of the rooms are already booked. Why should Disney offer a discount if they don't have too??

I'm going to vent right now Dizzers like a lot of people. I called for the discount and got nothing. All the waiting for this discount was all for naught and it's disgusting. I've had my qualifying package since earlier this year and you would think Disney would add the discount to your package if you're staying in a room that actually qualifies but no. I'm a Disney fan for life but despite that, they really need to change their business practices when it comes to these discounts and promos. I've spoken to a lot of people around the blogs and forums and they weren't able to get the discount either. Some were up as early as 5am in their time zone for the discount and STILL didn't get it. In my opinion, these discounts should be given to ANYBODY who qualifies, throw out the room availability B.S. Point blank, set the room types to reserve in order to get the discount for new vacationers. For the vacationers that already have a qualifying room only or package, give them the discount, no questions asked. I can't wait for the day when a lot of people protest about it through their wallets and Disney will have no choice but to change. I don't think it'll happen too soon but I'm going to have my fingers crossed. Why have a promo when you're only going to shut out a majority of your customers?

I agree and what makes it difficult is people start reserving rooms early because a lot of the rooms go quick. Plus we have to start booking ADRs at 180 days to get decent reservations and just wait and see what discounts come out...then we are somewhat stuck once they come out and they suck! So we spend all the months planning and basically have to accept no discounts, switch resorts (which gives limited options), or cancel because we don't want to pay rack rate.

It does appear that it is true that Disney is trying to wean people from discounts and we'll see if their plan works. With resorts and restaurants booked months out it looks like demand is at an all time high so their plan may work out just fine for them. I'm seriously considering cancelling our trip but I'm going to give it a day or so to think it through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter