October 2015 Check-In Thread

We will be there from the 2-6. Staying at the Disneyland Hotel. Party on the 2nd. Really looking forward to it. Its just going to be my younger two kiddos coming this time as we are taking the whole family out of school for two weeks later in the month and can't justify the extra time off.

Is there some event going on Sunday October 11th that I'm unaware of? I've been trying to make breakfast and dinner reservations at Carnation Cafe and Carthay Circle since the 60 day window opened up, but both of them only have lunch available that day. Anybody have an idea why?

Edit: This seems to be the case October 4th and onward for both restaurants, and the Blue Bayou as well so I figure I have to be missing something here...

Is there some event going on Sunday October 11th that I'm unaware of? I've been trying to make breakfast and dinner reservations at Carnation Cafe and Carthay Circle since the 60 day window opened up, but both of them only have lunch available that day. Anybody have an idea why?

Edit: This seems to be the case October 4th and onward for both restaurants, and the Blue Bayou as well so I figure I have to be missing something here...

I was just on the phone with a CM and she said they didn't have the dates available yet because they (reservations) didn't have park hours/WOC hours set. I couldn't make WCT or PCH Grill reservations. Just keep checking. :)

Hi

We are booked for our first fall visit Oct 7-13. And MHP on the 12th. It will also be our anniversary on Oct 10. Auntie is going to babysit so we are looking at adult only dinner and park time followed by drinks at Trader Sam's of course. Dinner suggestions? Carthay?

We are getting closer to October! I know many of us are still waiting for the official park hours, and reservations. Any one else going in October? Planning how and what to pack here!

Heading over from Australia and bringing the kids for the first time to the USA! Doing split stay starting at Hojo on the 15th then moving to GCH on the 18th to 21st.

Already booked Napa rose Chefs Counter for the 18th, Halloween party tickets for the 16th, and waiting for spots to open for the Blue Bayou Fantasmic dinner on the 17th. Also got Photopass+ a few weeks ago.

Just got Ridemax, and am starting to make up some test plans. We are getting excited now!

My wife and I will be there with a family friend Oct. 18-23.

I grew up in SoCal and went to Disneyland multiple times a year from 1986 to 1999, but I haven't been back since (moved to Oklahoma in high school). My wife and friend have never been. My wife and I will be celebrating 13 years together, and we'll also be celebrating my friend's birthday while there. Should be fun!

My DW and I will be in LA Oct 17-23 We will be at the parks the 20-22 with the 21st being my birthday! :cool1: and then going to the party on the 22! :thumbsup2
We are making this a budget conscious trip so we are staying at the Tropicana for our park days.
The first few days we will be staying in Laguna beach soaking up some Cali sun we hope! :beach:

-Lane

From Holland or you may call it The Netherlands going october 17th till the 24th in the Paradise Pier.

We go to the party on the 22th as a family and the 23th on my own.

I also made a reservation for breakfast at storytellers café. Hope to make Some more (plaza inn and surf's Up) once they open Up. Can't wait

Heading over from Australia and bringing the kids for the first time to the USA! Doing split stay starting at Hojo on the 15th then moving to GCH on the 18th to 21st.

Already booked Napa rose Chefs Counter for the 18th, Halloween party tickets for the 16th, and waiting for spots to open for the Blue Bayou Fantasmic dinner on the 17th. Also got Photopass+ a few weeks ago.

Just got Ridemax, and am starting to make up some test plans. We are getting excited now!

You're doing very similar to us - We're coming from Aus too, checking in Grand Cal 19th Oct but moving to Hojo the 23rd - I think you've done it the smarter way around!

Hey Meemoo, yes we debated the order of hotels a bit, but wanted to end on a high note (not that hojo is not cool. We have stayed before without the kids and it was great!). Are your kids missing a bit of school as well?

Last edited:
Going late October and excited!

Anyone else having issues booking dinner reservations? When I call the dining number it says the park hours haven't been released past October 3 and thus, dining reservations are unavailable. Which can't be entirely true because I've been able to book lunch reservations, but no dinner. The automated voice just says to keep checking the website. Grr! Frustrating! Trying to book my husband's birthday dinner at Carthay Circle and it appears that October is now busier than past years. We always swear by this time of year, but everything is selling out quickly. It seems like the secret is out. Or maybe it's just the 60th.

Hey Meemoo, yes we debated the order of hotels a bit, but wanted to end on a night note (not that hojo is not cool. We have stayed before without the kids and it was great!). Are your kids missing a bit of school as well?

Yes....bad parent I know :rotfl:few weeks of school going astray. What kind of room did you pick for your last hojo stay? We requested the newly renovated premium room this time.

Thought I had posted in this thread but apparently not! I'll be there on the 15th and 16th. It's my first time to Disneyland and I'll be heading there literally right after I hop off the plane from Australia :)

Ugh...the October dining reservation problems are driving me a little bonkers!

DH & I just decided to stay 1 more night! Yahoo! So we'll be at the BW Stovall's from 10/3-10/7 instead of 10/3-10/6. Originally, we were going to spend all day Tues 10/6 (check out day) at the parks and then at the end of a very long day, drive 2 hours south to San Diego to stay with relatives. But DH wants to spend the extra night in the motel instead. That works for me! It means that I don't have to wake up super early on 10/6 to pack everything up, check out of the motel, store our luggage, etc. We can spend all day at the parks on that Tuesday, take an afternoon break like we normally would have on a non-check-out day...stay until the parks close...and then sleep in on Wednesday and drive home to Arizona from Anaheim.

THIS IS GOING TO BE SO MUCH EASIER!

Yes....bad parent I know :rotfl:few weeks of school going astray. What kind of room did you pick for your last hojo stay? We requested the newly renovated premium room this time.

First time around we had no idea and ended up in a standard room at the rear. Yuk!
This time premium view at both hotels, so we are really looking forward to that aspect, even though I'm sure we will only be sleeping in the room most days lol.

We have the kids out for 3.5 weeks, so we are realllll bad!

Ugh...the October dining reservation problems are driving me a little bonkers!

Me too! I have four more reservations to make during our visit and just.can't. I really can't wrap my head around a corporation like DL not having their stuff together enough to have their times known. Is someone on vaction and the 'list' is sitting in an in-box? That doesn't seem right, but it's the only reasonable excuse I can think of that things aren't moving forward.

Lots of Dis fans going in October! I'm going to type up a date chart later today. Comment your dates and where you are staying (if you want to share) and I'll add you to the list!

Lots of Dis fans going in October! I'm going to type up a date chart later today. Comment your dates and where you are staying (if you want to share) and I'll add you to the list!
We've been planning this "once in a lifetime" epic SoCal trip for a while, but now that we finally booked our flights I feel like it's finally official!
:mickeyjumNow we got ears, it's time for cheers! :donald:

We are flying from Atlanta and arrive on October 1. We are renting a car and heading to San Diego for the first 4 nights. The kids (two boys, age 6 and 7) are going to be so excited to see the ocean! We have two hotels booked and are trying to decide between them. One is more centrally located to the downtown area while the other costs a little bit more, but is gorgeous and right on the beach. We haven't nailed down an exact itinerary yet, but some of our ideas are the San Diego Zoo, the USS Midway, Legoland, Sea World, Coronado Beach, La Jolla to see the sea lions, and the Miramar Airshow (Top Gun, my hubby is stoked!!) will be going on while we are there. The best part is most of these attractions are a part of the "Kids Go Free" promotion that San Diego has going in October! I don't think we can see and do everything, so trying to prioritize. I'm pretty nervous about running our kids ragged between the time change and also trying to do too much, which is partly why we are leaning towards the hotel on the beach so we can always come back and let them run around and unwind. It's a fine line to walk between wanting to experience as much as possible on a "once in a lifetime" trip, but not over-scheduling so that we end up rushing from one thing to the next without really enjoying anything!

We drive from San Diego to Anaheim on October 5. We will return our rental car at this point since we are staying at the Candy Cane Inn and will be within walking distance of everything, although I do think we will make a grocery store run on the way into town. Not sure what we will do our arrival night....maybe just walk over to Downtown Disney and enjoy the sights and sounds! I think our plan is to get 5 day park hoppers. I've been debating about whether or not MHP is worth it for us. I'm sure my boys would love dressing up and the party atmosphere, but it's cheaper to get 5 day Park hoppers than to do 4 day park hoppers plus MHP tickets. With the 60th anniversary celebration going on, I feel like there's plenty of night time spectaculars to see without having to do the party. But maybe one of you DISers will convince me otherwise about the party!

If we can EVER get Disney to finally open up the October dates (see the October Dining Booking Issues thread), we plan to book the WoC lunch package at Carthay Circle, Breakfast with Minnie and Friends at the Plaza Inn, and maybe the Blue Bayou F! dinner package, since F! will only be playing one night while we are there. I'm also trying to decide which morning to use our one Early Entry at Disneyland. And I know the boys would love to do the Jedi Training Academy, if we can get them both picked. Otherwise, we are going with the flow and just do as much as we can in 5 days! Although we've taken the boys to WDW several times, I'm so excited to experience DLR all together as a family for everyone's first trip. We are used to keeping a pretty fast pace at WDW, but this will be our first Disney trip where the boys aren't in strollers. Plus, we won't know our way around like we do at WDW, so this will be a whole new experience being forced to go at a slower pace LOL! But I'm thinking it might actually help us to stop and smell the roses more, and we really do want to soak up as much of the "original" Disney experience as possible! Thanks to the Disneyland Podcast Team, we've got a pretty good idea of what we want to see. We fly home on October 11 and will face the task of getting adjusted to the time change and back to school for the boys! So excited....and thankful for a place to share like the DIS!!

Ooooh and we have NO idea how/when we are going to tell the kids yet!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts