October 2015 Car Rental Watch

My national rental has dropped several times the past few days. My dates are October 23 to November 7. Executive aisle for 15 days. I was surprised to see it lower this far out.

7016427 = Vegas Brazil

7014627 = Costco

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Oh, for the love of Pete....when are the October rates going to start getting interesting??? :confused3

We're 9.5 weeks out from arrival, and car rental prices have been an absolute bore. No movement, no changes in weeks. I have an "acceptable" rate, but surely we will see some lower prices!

Don't the rental Gods know that I need some entertainment to help pass the time for the next two and a half months? :rotfl:

I know! I've given up on checking because I'm counting on you to let us know if/when (hopefully!) they do!

So far, nothing as good as I had a few weeks ago. I'll keep checking though. Since I'm still 2 months out. Even my December rental is now much higher than I reserved months ago. That's also a wait and see. Only thing that went down when we went in December was the air tickets. But end of summer, best rate was 2 weeks out. First time for Fall for me, so I am hoping still even a little less, but somehow think I got the best rate already.

Good luck to all - and oh, that coupon rate above does not work for less than a week rental. I did use the 2 upgrade free coupon. Also used Costco, as so far, that' s the best I found for both rentals I need this year.

So far, nothing as good as I had a few weeks ago. I'll keep checking though. Since I'm still 2 months out. Even my December rental is now much higher than I reserved months ago. That's also a wait and see. Only thing that went down when we went in December was the air tickets. But end of summer, best rate was 2 weeks out. First time for Fall for me, so I am hoping still even a little less, but somehow think I got the best rate already.

Good luck to all - and oh, that coupon rate above does not work for less than a week rental. I did use the 2 upgrade free coupon. Also used Costco, as so far, that' s the best I found for both rentals I need this year.

I am wondering if the reservation I have is going to be the best rate I'll find as well. If we don't see any movement by the 6 week mark, I think I'll stop watching!! (okay, probably not the case....but I'm going to threaten that anyway :teeth: )

I know! I've given up on checking because I'm counting on you to let us know if/when (hopefully!) they do!

lol....does that make me the official Town Crier of the October Car Rental Thread? :P

I guess Costco you need to be a member? I am Sams Club no Costco around here.
I have AAA, AARP, I have a midsize Malibu so far but hoping for something much larger before we go.

I guess Costco you need to be a member? I am Sams Club no Costco around here.
I have AAA, AARP, I have a midsize Malibu so far but hoping for something much larger before we go.

Yes, you need to be a member. But you should still check the rates - it could be low enough to cover the annual membership fee. The Costco rates are consistently the lowest price I find. And they ship most things free from their website, so you still might be able to take advantage of your membership.

I've been watching the other months ahead of us and August folks are just now reporting a meaningful drop in price. So I guess I'll keep looking but expect a possible price drop a month out. I wish they just knew that I won't give up until they give me their best price and just give it to me already!!!:drive:

Bumping back to page one. A small movement UP this morning, but otherwise, not many changes to speak of.

If this keeps up, we'll have to start posting photos of our pets and children to help keep us entertained :rolleyes2 .

Bumping back to page one. A small movement UP this morning, but otherwise, not many changes to speak of.

If this keeps up, we'll have to start posting photos of our pets and children to help keep us entertained :rolleyes2 .

Lol... I was hoping you were still looking out for us since I gave up checking!

Lol... I was hoping you were still looking out for us since I gave up checking!

I am still checking daily ::yes:: .....I have three trips in the works (October, December and April), so I generally run them all every morning to see if there's anything noteworthy.

On a happy note, I did get a great rate today for my 10 day rental for April 2016! :woohoo:

I am still checking daily ::yes:: .....I have three trips in the works (October, December and April), so I generally run them all every morning to see if there's anything noteworthy.

On a happy note, I did get a great rate today for my 10 day rental for April 2016! :woohoo:
We have an April trip as well, what did you use for April? Thanks!

We have an April trip as well, what did you use for April? Thanks!

We booked with Alamo using carrentalsavers.com. $201 including all taxes in fees for a standard/full size car for 10 days. This far out, we thought that was a great price.

This is the Transportation Board - you should be posting photos of your vehicles in order to stay on topic. :joker:

Hello everyone! I'm looking into renting a car for the first time in October. I'm a newbie when it comes to renting so I have a few questions. Can anyone use the Alamo codes posted above to get a price? I put them in and have booked a car for $184 for 10 days in October but now I'm wondering if they will ask for a special card or something when I go to pick the car up. I guess I'm just paranoid as this is the best rate I've been able to find by far. Another question I had is what sites do you guys look on when checking prices? Should I be looking at the actual company websites instead of sites like Orbitz? Thanks!

Hello everyone! I'm looking into renting a car for the first time in October. I'm a newbie when it comes to renting so I have a few questions. Can anyone use the Alamo codes posted above to get a price? I put them in and have booked a car for $184 for 10 days in October but now I'm wondering if they will ask for a special card or something when I go to pick the car up. I guess I'm just paranoid as this is the best rate I've been able to find by far. Another question I had is what sites do you guys look on when checking prices? Should I be looking at the actual company websites instead of sites like Orbitz? Thanks!

Which code are you planning on using?

If its a Costco code, for example, then you should have a Costco membership (and be able to produce your card if asked for it at the time of pick up).

If its a Visa code, then you need to have a Visa card in which to pay for your rental. If its an Entertainment book coupon or code, then you should have that with you when you travel too.

Some codes are open to the general public too :) .

All my rentals dropped because the daily Florida fees have been removed from each of them. I have one with Alamo, one with national and one out of jax. It was done automatically. I went to modify and saw it was already lower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter