October 2013 Code Watch?!

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by Cierese, Jun 13, 2012.

1. suetoo

suetoo Mouseketeer

Same here...same dates and I really thought those dates were perfect for a discount:confused3 Guess we will have to cross our fingers for some pixie dustpixiedust: and hope for the best! See you in October:)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Kimberly1969

Kimberly1969 Earning My Ears

Oh thank you, that makes me feel good to know someone else has had a good experience using MJ.

4. SlightlyocdDisneyfan

SlightlyocdDisneyfan Mouseketeer

Add us to that boat! :rotfl:
    Thought the week would be prime for discount, not looking too promising, but thrilled to be going! On the other hand, at this point, if we do get some sort of discount it will be just that much more "magical" since we don't expect it!

5. Greta

Greta Longing for Disney

Here's hoping we all get to ride on the magic boat together!!

6. Kimberly1969

:grouphug:
    Hey friends,
    Need some help either explaining or understanding this free dinning plan stuff. DH is under impression it applies to anyone if offered at the same time you book and no one needs a pin. I was thinking we were all hoping for some pixiedust: that we would get a Pin for the offer..Am I thinking wrong? Any clarification would be most appreciated..Thanks friends
    :goodvibes
    Kim

7. Stinky_Pete

Stinky_Pete DIS Veteran

There are many times throughout the year where WDW will offer a "free" dining promotion or a room only discount to the general public - no pin required.

If you elect the "free" dining offer, you pay rack rate for your room, and you have to purchase a MYW ticket (most recently at least a 2 day MYW ticket). Also, if you stay at a value, the "free" dining plan is the QSR plan. Moderate and deluxe get the regular DDP with one TS, one QS and a snack. My understanding is you can pay the difference to upgrade your dining plan.

You should do the math to see which discount is better for you before being overwhelmed by the "free" dining hype on these boards. If you are staying in a value, the $$$ savings over paying for the dining plan, and maybe paying OOP for food, is likely to be better than a room discount. If you are staying at a moderate or deluxe, you may spend less money taking the room discount and either paying for the dining plan separately, or paying for your food OOP.

When you are running the numbers, the question to ask yourself is: What would you really eat if you didn't have the dining plan? You shouldn't calculate your savings based on what you "save" by not paying for the plan, you should calculate based on what you would really spend on food if you didn't have the plan, add that to your hotel with the discount, then figure out if paying rack rate for the room and getting "free" dining is a better deal. Don't forget the plan doesn't cover gratuities, so you have to add that in if you are doing TS meals. It may very well be less to take the room discount and pay OOP for food than what you would save taking "free" dining.

8. Angeejoe

Angeejoe DIS Veteran

I think you will love Akershus! It was a hidden gem for us last year. We would definitely do it again!

9. Kimberly1969

Thanks Stinky Pete, I think we both understand now, I was not understanding that you would pay for the rest of the dinning out of pocket. Thank you so much for your information. :thanks:

10. prettypatchesmsu

prettypatchesmsu DIS Veteran

Just saw that Peter Pan is going to be closed all of October for refurbishment. Our last day is Oct 30, maybe it'll open back up early. :(

11. pooh4evr

pooh4evr Mouseketeer

Oh no I hope not hopefully that's wrong?! DANG!

12. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

Sadly, it is true. It will be closed Sept. 28-Oct. 31.

13. preschoolmom

preschoolmom DIS Veteran

Oh No! That's one of our favorites :(

14. Kemorr

Kemorr Mouseketeer

That's a real bummer about PP. All 3 of my kids voted for it to be the first ride of our upcoming trip. My little boy will be devastated, it was BY FAR his favorite ride.

15. SlightlyocdDisneyfan

SlightlyocdDisneyfan Mouseketeer

It's my eldest dd's favorite too. :(

16. joyfulDisneytears

joyfulDisneytears DIS Veteran

Could someone link the most up to date rehab calendar? I couldn't find this info earlier.

17. LoveMMC

LoveMMC Mouseketeer

Ah that sucks. Love that ride

18. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/rehab.htm

I didn't see anything about the Peter Pan ride being closed.

19. o0quirkygirl0o

o0quirkygirl0o just a little mischievous

Say it isn't so! I was so looking forward to that ride! Maybe it will be open during MNSSHP? Or maybe a little bit early? (A day or so?) Or, is that really unlikely?

20. joyfulDisneytears

joyfulDisneytears DIS Veteran

Thanks. I'd looked at that one already, thought maybe there was another somewhere that listed a PP closure since a few fine folks seem to know something we don't!

21. mrbaird

mrbaird Earning My Ears

I saw it over at wdwmagic.com. Front page.