October 2013 Code Watch?!

So is it usual that they have 2 whole black-out weeks in October with no discount at all? We are also checking in on 10/5 and would like a discount of some sort! I guess I'm surprised that they have left half of October (15 days, from 10/3 to 10/17) with no discount. I understand around Columbus day but CD isn't until Oct. 14th, so I would have thought the blackout wouldn't start until the 7th at the earliest.

Yes, for the last 4 years they have blacked out the second and third weeks of October. Highly doubt anything will be available between October 5-17, unfortunately.

Yes, for the last 4 years they have blacked out the second and third weeks of October. Highly doubt anything will be available between October 5-17, unfortunately.

Still holding out hope for October 5-12. Last year Columbus Day was much earlier than it is this year (Oct 8, 2012 vs Oct 14, 2013). Based on last year they would extend it until the Thursday before which is the 10th.

We can dream, right?

My husband and I were booked from Oct 10-18 but when we received the FD pin our dates were completely blacked out so we changed our checkin date to Oct 2 in order to use the code. Since oct 3-17 is blacked out on the FD pin I would be surprised if they used any portion of those dates in the general release of FD. But hey I could be wrong :)

I just got FD added to my 10/26 - 11/2 trip yesterday. Happy Mothers Day to me!! I never got an email with a PIN. I called Thursday night, when I was seeing a lot of people posting about FD pins. I didn't have one attached to my acct. I stalked my email all weekend and still nothing. So for giggles yesterday, I figured what the heck, I called and the CM added it to my trip. Saved us almost $1000 for the QSDP.

My husband and I were booked from Oct 10-18 but when we received the FD pin our dates were completely blacked out so we changed our checkin date to Oct 2 in order to use the code. Since oct 3-17 is blacked out on the FD pin I would be surprised if they used any portion of those dates in the general release of FD. But hey I could be wrong :)

I agree with you. You have to not only take into account Columbus Day, but when the corporate conventions are booked and when the golf tournaments are. The Gartner Symposium (which doesn't normally cause black out dates, is being held a week earlier than previous years) is October 6-10, huge motorcycle convention October 16-20 and a plastic surgeons convention October 8-12. Plus huge amounts of schools, especially in the Southeast, are going to have their fall breaks either the week of October 7-11 or October 14-18. Even though Columbus Day/week falls late this year, the second and third weeks are typically blacked out for free dining and Columbus Day is only one factor as to why they black out those dates. Usually, they just simply don't need to fill resorts during that time frame and, unfortunately, they probably won't need to fill resort rooms for those dates again this year.

We're also currently scheduled to arrive on the 5th but after reading this I'm thinking that maybe we should change to the 19th? The crowd calendars didn't seem to be very bad the week we're there but I forgot about potential fall break crowds?

No luck for us either on the pin code front. We'd change our dates asap if we got one!

I just got FD added to my 10/26 - 11/2 trip yesterday. Happy Mothers Day to me!! I never got an email with a PIN. I called Thursday night, when I was seeing a lot of people posting about FD pins. I didn't have one attached to my acct. I stalked my email all weekend and still nothing. So for giggles yesterday, I figured what the heck, I called and the CM added it to my trip. Saved us almost $1000 for the QSDP.

Okay, wait a second... Are you saying you randomly called in and a CM just arbitrarily added the FD to your booking? Without your actually having received a pin by email and no pin attached to your account? If so, that changes everything... I may just start calling every day to see if I can get a merciful CM.

Okay, wait a second... Are you saying you randomly called in and a CM just arbitrarily added the FD to your booking? Without your actually having received a pin by email and no pin attached to your account? If so, that changes everything... I may just start calling every day to see if I can get a merciful CM.

No, she had the PIN on her account, just not on the first day. PINs get added in waves, so just because you don't have it on day 1 doesn't mean you'll never get it. Good luck! :goodvibes

Ugh! Just called to see if I have a PIN, and I don't. Sad. The CM was less than pleasant as well.

Ugh! Just called to see if I have a PIN, and I don't. Sad. The CM was less than pleasant as well.

I called again today, too. I have decided that I am not going to keep calling. If it comes to me then great, but I just can't be consumed by it anymore. If its meant to be, it's meant to be. If not, I'm still going, so it's all good. :goodvibes

Good luck, everyone! :goodvibes

I called again today, too. I have decided that I am not going to keep calling. If it comes to me then great, but I just can't be consumed by it anymore. If its meant to be, it's meant to be. If not, I'm still going, so it's all good. :goodvibes

Today was the first time I called, but I don't call again. I agree with you. If I get it great!!! If I don't I'm still going and it's all good!! ;) I'm REALLY hoping for FD during my dates cause that's the main reason I got the visa! Lol!!

No, she had the PIN on her account, just not on the first day. PINs get added in waves, so just because you don't have it on day 1 doesn't mean you'll never get it. Good luck! :goodvibes

Yeah I'm sure she didn't add it because she felt like it. I just called before I received the email. Although I still haven't received one. It's that old saying....try and try again :)

I am kind of resigned to this too. It's just taking up too much of my time & energy! I am pretty confident that we will get some kind of discount but not until July :)

I also agree. If I see on the Dis that another wave comes out, I may call again, but I'm not going to keep calling daily. I'll just hold out hope for a GP offer in July!

Today was the first time I called, but I don't call again. I agree with you. If I get it great!!! If I don't I'm still going and it's all good!! ;) I'm REALLY hoping for FD during my dates cause that's the main reason I got the visa! Lol!!

What are your dates? We will be at POP Oct. 18-26. We are doing MNSSHP on the 22nd. :goodvibes

That reminds me, for anyone who doesn't already know, I have a MNSSHP guest list thread. Here is the link...

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3104844

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter