October 2013 Code Watch?!

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by Cierese, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

Ooh ooh ooh...can I join?? I think my husband dreads every time I bring up the word Disney!! Lol We're not going until 10/26 but I haven't stopped talking about it since we booked our trip last October. I'm on here and the Disney blog every day.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. jska482

jska482 Mouseketeer

I think this is my new safe home base! My husband and I are cracking up as he sympathizes with all your DH. I am a bit obsessed...I drive my family nuts!

4. jska482

jska482 Mouseketeer

I totally agree...10/2-10/7 here. I was so hoping the later Columbus Day would help me score FD! Fingers crossed!

5. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

Me too!!! We are each others Disney support groups. Our DH should be grateful that we found each other!!! Lol

6. mama2ll

mama2ll Earning My Ears

We originally planned to go Feb 2014 but couldn't wait that long so, as of yesterday, we are booked for October at the Poly. Arriving on the 20th, what are the chances of a room only discount? I looked thru the history of discounts and it looked like the past 2 years there have been 30% off room discounts for the Poly that week.

Thanks!

7. eaf2063

eaf2063 Earning My Ears

Were booked Oct 3-13 at Port Orleans- Riverside(1st time at POR). We have never stayed here before. We Cant wait. However waiting on the discount has me on the edge of my seat. I can only say that my hope is knowing that my sister went in October last year and she received free dining although i do remember it came out pretty late maybe July.... I hope they have it again this year. From looking at the predictions i think ill be a happy camper. Decided to join this thread to keep in touch with all the other Disney Fanatics like me who eat, sleep, and dream Disney.... Now we sit and wait together!!! YAY....

8. TheDisney411

TheDisney411 DIS Veteran

That's not a late release, the October - December free dining dates are usually released in July, sometimes August :-)

9. LaceyP

LaceyP Rookie

We are planning on visiting October 10-14 (staying until the 20)...I have to admit...I'm overwhelmed, but still excited none the less!!! This will be our first to DisneyWorld, so any tips are greatly appreciated!!!:cheer2:

10. LaceyP

LaceyP Rookie

We are planning on visiting October 10-14 (staying until the 20)...I have to admit...I'm overwhelmed, but still excited none the less!!! This will be our first to DisneyWorld, so any tips are greatly appreciated!!!:cheer2:

11. J Buzz

J Buzz Space Ranger

Just wanted to jump in this thread again and say we're staying from October 6th to the 16th, really hoping for free dining :banana:

12. pooh4evr

pooh4evr Mouseketeer

Lacy p we will be there the 9-18 too I am super excited! We have been a few other times, but our kids don't know we are going back so we are surprising them. Where are you staying, how many and what age kids, and have you made any dining reservations (if you want them).

13. tlpbupu

tlpbupu Mouseketeer

My DH is sooo tired of hearing me talk Disney too! :rotfl2: I think he is as excited about the planning being over as he is about the actual vacation. We will be there the 20 - 26.

Also, just a little rumor. I e-mailed my travel agent to make sure they know that if free dining becomes available for our dates to just book it don't wait for the ok from me. She said ok and said that room only discounts for my dates have already been mentioned as a possibility. No surprise there, but for some reason the fact that the discounts for my dates are being mentioned just made me more excited! :hyper:

14. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

My husband admitted to me today that he's getting really excited for our trip. Yay!! It took a while. Our trip is almost paid off, our airline is booked and our tickets are bought for the MNSSHP, so everything is coming together! Now all I need is FD to be that cherry on top :)

15. freckles04

freckles04 DIS Veteran

Ok, so hearing talk of FD up to 10/5 or 10/6 is making me more anxious than ever...since my check in is on 10/6! Guess I can always add that extra day if needed!

Would still probably rather book a room discount if it covered all my dates, but that doesn't seem likely.

16. eaf2063

eaf2063 Earning My Ears

Where did you hear of the extension?

17. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

There is no extension. She was referring to historical info and guesses as to what this year's dates might be if they offer something for October. We won't know anything until at least July, maybe even early August.

18. eaf2063

eaf2063 Earning My Ears

Darn.... I was getting anxious.... I guess ill just keep reading these posts to keep myself sane... (yeah right)!!!

19. freckles04

freckles04 DIS Veteran

Sorry! Was referring to some posts earlier in the thread.

20. LoveMMC

LoveMMC Mouseketeer

Just got a free dining pin email for October!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Goes from August to December!!
    I cant believe this
    I really really needed this good news!

Happy dance:yay::yay::yay::yay:

21. mama2ll

mama2ll Earning My Ears

Woo hoo! By chance is there a room discount option or is it just free dining?