October 2013 Code Watch?!

Going to jump on. We need one night prior o checking into OKW and would love a pin instead of staying off site one night.

Look at the park hours for that week.. They are up! If MK closes at 7pm them there is a party! I think there might be....

I did do that and MK is closing at 7pm. But you never know. :)[/QUOTE]

There will be a party that day then. Unless they change the pattern from the past several years.... No other reason to close MK Early!!! I think you are good. I did the same for our trip!! Booked am early dinner at BOG before the party. Now just buy the tix when they come out in May!!!

I did do that and MK is closing at 7pm. But you never know. :)

There will be a party that day then. Unless they change the pattern from the past several years.... No other reason to close MK Early!!! I think you are good. I did the same for our trip!! Booked am early dinner at BOG before the party. Now just buy the tix when they come out in May!!![/QUOTE]

They should be out now! (Stomps foot):hyper:

I guess it's good for me to be patient.

They should be out now! (Stomps foot):hyper:

I guess it's good for me to be patient.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way!!!

If I remember correctly parties are from 7-12 right? Just trying to plan our diners and days at which park.

If I remember correctly parties are from 7-12 right? Just trying to plan our diners and days at which park.

Yes, but historically you can get into MK at 4pm with just your MNSSHP ticket. If you are making an ADR on a party night, the latest ADR time you can book without having a party ticket is 6:55.

I have some questions I'd like to bounce off of the more knowledgeable Disney-goers here regarding AP. I'm sure I'll end up having to call in to make any type of transaction but wanted to come here first before I get on the phone with a possibly not so knowledgeable Disney reservation rep that may confuse me even more.

Its my understanding that in order to get room discount (if offered), you only need to have one AP in the room. Question is two fold- for the remaining guests, can a package be bought (tickets, dining, etc) or does using the AP discount automatically split the package for the other guests requiring you to purchase items separately? I know you can add dining to an AP room & effectively make it a package, just not sure how the other guests' tickets would be handled in this case. In this situation, I'd want to book a room with the AP discount, add dining for guests (just for ease/maximize character dining opportunities), but buy tickets from 3rd party (UT) - is that possible?

What if free dining comes out but I have one AP in room (not using the AP room discount) that didn't need tickets - can they be listed as hotel guest but excluded from ticket purchases and if so, how would the dining plan work for that one guest?

I'm weighing pros/cons of getting an AP in the case of each different discount being offered but having trouble getting the math down b/c of these blocks =/

One last question - I read somewhere on WDW website that if you book any magic your way package thru WDW Travel Company, you get a few perks included with room - the two most interesting being two free admission tickets to both DisneyQuest & mini golf, per room. Is this true for any package booked thru Disney?? If so, are the tickets redeemable for either adults or children? I didn't see any stipulations on this little blurb so didn't trust it (but it IS on official WDW site) & wanted to ask before finalizing DQ ticket purchases.

All superior knowledge is appreciated!!!

Subscribing, and asking (sorry for not researching the previous 40 pages of the thread): since we will likely be going from 10/5 through 10/12 or 10/13, are there likely to be any codes or discounts for that week? That is fall break for a lot of schools (including my DDs school) and recently WDW has had discount blackouts for that week (and maybe the week before as well). I was just hoping someone knew of possibly a relaxation of that blackout period for this year. That is pretty much the only week we can go these days, though I love going in October.

I have some questions I'd like to bounce off of the more knowledgeable Disney-goers here regarding AP. I'm sure I'll end up having to call in to make any type of transaction but wanted to come here first before I get on the phone with a possibly not so knowledgeable Disney reservation rep that may confuse me even more.

Its my understanding that in order to get room discount (if offered), you only need to have one AP in the room. Question is two fold- for the remaining guests, can a package be bought (tickets, dining, etc) or does using the AP discount automatically split the package for the other guests requiring you to purchase items separately? I know you can add dining to an AP room & effectively make it a package, just not sure how the other guests' tickets would be handled in this case. In this situation, I'd want to book a room with the AP discount, add dining for guests (just for ease/maximize character dining opportunities), but buy tickets from 3rd party (UT) - is that possible?You would need to book a room only reservation using the AP rate and purchase the dining plan. The others must get their tickets separately. If you were to book it as a package, everyone must have the same tickets. AP holders can add a dining plan without buying tickets as long as they are booking with the AP rate.

What if free dining comes out but I have one AP in room (not using the AP room discount) that didn't need tickets - can they be listed as hotel guest but excluded from ticket purchases and if so, how would the dining plan work for that one guest? For free dining, everyone in the room must purchase a minimum 2 day base ticket. You could save your ticket for a future trip or use it toward your AP renewal. The others could upgrade their 2 day ticket once they enter the park.

I'm weighing pros/cons of getting an AP in the case of each different discount being offered but having trouble getting the math down b/c of these blocks =/

One last question - I read somewhere on WDW website that if you book any magic your way package thru WDW Travel Company, you get a few perks included with room - the two most interesting being two free admission tickets to both DisneyQuest & mini golf, per room. Is this true for any package booked thru Disney?? If so, are the tickets redeemable for either adults or children? I didn't see any stipulations on this little blurb so didn't trust it (but it IS on official WDW site) & wanted to ask before finalizing DQ ticket purchases. all package booking come with a booklet of vouchers. 2 single admissions to Disney Quest, and a mini golf coupon and some others. I believe anyone can use them, but they do have reservation info on them, so it must be someone listed on the reservation.

All superior knowledge is appreciated!!!

Answers in red.

We are also planning to do AK the day that we do MNSSHP. :goodvibes Fingers crossed that there is a party on 10/4 which is the date I'm looking at.

Look at the park hours for that week.. They are up! If MK closes at 7pm them there is a party! I think there might be....[/QUOTE]

I posted same question in the moms panel and was told good recommendation to book early dinner that night but not confirmed officially yet.

Subscribing, and asking (sorry for not researching the previous 40 pages of the thread): since we will likely be going from 10/5 through 10/12 or 10/13, are there likely to be any codes or discounts for that week? That is fall break for a lot of schools (including my DDs school) and recently WDW has had discount blackouts for that week (and maybe the week before as well). I was just hoping someone knew of possibly a relaxation of that blackout period for this year. That is pretty much the only week we can go these days, though I love going in October.

I think it is unlikely for that week because the Gartner Symposium which usually comes to WDW at the end of October, got scheduled for that week this year. I have no clue why they made it a few weeks earlier than normal. I know that week was blocked out on the bounce back offer, we got last December because we were looking at that week as DD has fall break then too. Gartner groups stay primarily at BC/YC Swan, Dolphin and Boardwalk. I think they have over 10,000 attendees. It is my understanding that some of those places are practically booked up already, and I know from looking for myself a while back that several of the room categories were already unavailable for BC. I've heard Gartner doesn't really make much difference at the parks except for at Epcot in the evenings because they are in their meetings etc. all day. We were really hoping to see a discount to go that week too, but I will be really surprised if it happens.

I think it is unlikely for that week because the Gartner Symposium which usually comes to WDW at the end of October, got scheduled for that week this year. I have no clue why they made it a few weeks earlier than normal. I know that week was blocked out on the bounce back offer, we got last December because we were looking at that week as DD has fall break then too. Gartner groups stay primarily at BC/YC Swan, Dolphin and Boardwalk. I think they have over 10,000 attendees. It is my understanding that some of those places are practically booked up already, and I know from looking for myself a while back that several of the room categories were already unavailable for BC. I've heard Gartner doesn't really make much difference at the parks except for at Epcot in the evenings because they are in their meetings etc. all day. We were really hoping to see a discount to go that week too, but I will be really surprised if it happens.

Wow on the bolded part! Oh well, that looks like it doesn't bode well for Deluxe discounts. We may be limited to moderates anyway, due to budget reasons, so hopefully there might still be something for moderates.

Or maybe I'll join a Gartner Group, whatever those are. ;)

Editing to add: thanks for the update. I didn't thank you earlier, and this is good info you provided.

Jumping in this thread! We are looking to go the last week of October, still playing around with the exact dates. Depends on airfare, work schedules, etc.

I recieved a 35%off deluxes pin code for early 2013 dates, and one of their eat, stay, and play pin codes for this summer. I hope I get another one for fall! Fingers crossed. I want to stay at a deluxe but if we don't get a pin code we'll probably stay at a mod or value depending on any deals for the GP that come out.

Ugh - we had the choice between this week or the next week and chose this one due to crowd level predictor being lower. Hmm... would be be better off going the week of the 11th?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter