October 2013 Code Watch?!

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by Cierese, Jun 13, 2012.

1. ColonelHathi

ColonelHathi Mouseketeer

Yikes! Delta's flight prices just skyrocketed for October!?! :scared:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. MinaFemme

MinaFemme Mouseketeer

I am booked for Pop Century for our first family vacation for the week of 10/26-11/2. We will be celebrating my son's birthday, he will turn 3 while we are there. I am keeping my fingers crossed tightly for FD!

4. nedac

nedac Mouseketeer

Subscribed.. booked on a bounceback from our trip this month.. hoping for a better deal.

5. Pikester

Pikester DIS Veteran

Yay, DH just booked us for 10/1--10/9! :cool1:

Now the big wait for flights to open at Southwest.

6. Iloveeliot

Iloveeliot DIS Veteran

We are booked at Pop from 10/22-10/29. Still could really use a deal. I'll take anything but of course free dining would rock! I know it is doubtful with the values though.

7. disneycrazi

disneycrazi watch your head and step as you disembark

Hi, did you have a bounce back offer in your room this month? We leave Friday for a extended weekend trip and HOPING for a bounce back offer in our room at OKW for October.

8. TarrahA

TarrahA Mouseketeer

Subbing - hoping for any type of discount Sept 22 - 28, Sept 29 - Oct 5, or Oct 20-26. I'm a newbie to the forums & Disney planning - anyone know if discounts follow a usual pattern? I'm open for the above dates but wanted to try to get a good idea of which dates are a better bet to book now. Also, I know historically discounts for FD were given to moderate & up - would it be better to book a moderate room & then adjust down to value if FD isn't an option later?

9. Wadecool

Wadecool DIS Veteran

When will Southwest release October dates?

10. oopinkisfunoo

oopinkisfunoo Mouseketeer

11. Pikester

Pikester DIS Veteran

12. nat8199

nat8199 DIS Veteran

I just booked my Jet Blue tickets. I am so excited that we got direct flights and the return tickets were super cheap, only $86!!!! To get there was only $136, too.

13. DisneyDude71

DisneyDude71 Mouseketeer

WOW, from what airport?:beach:

14. nat8199

nat8199 DIS Veteran

Richmond, VA to Orlando. :cool1:

15. nedac

nedac Mouseketeer

No, I just called 8844 from the room phone. The dates I wanted... the week before, were blacked out, so I took what I could get.

16. tiki23

tiki23 <font color=darkorchid>Able to leap a double strol

I don't agree with this thinking for a regular room reservation at a resort that doesn't have a history of selling out or at non-peak times. The more rooms that are booked ahead of time, the less likely it is discounts will appear or they will be smaller discounts. If I was selling a product and the sales were going well, why would I discount the price??

This however, makes sense. Certain room categories or certain resorts during peak time need to be reserved as soon as possible because they have a smaller pool of availability.

It's simply supply and demand. If many rooms are booked, the bottom line won't demand a discount. :teacher:

17. emilymad

emilymad DIS Veteran

Are there any known blackout dates for October? I just saw that Southwest dates release tomorrow and now I am in a panic. We aren't 100% sure we are going but I would like to get stuff booked just in case. We are DVC but this would have to be a cash trip. Hotel rack rates are shocking so here is hoping for a discount.

18. ready2vacation

ready2vacation Mouseketeer

I think I read that the week before the 20th or 21st was a black-out. We had originally planned for that period so we pushed it a week just in case.

Booking our Southwest flights tomorrow and will change as needed based on the discounts. Hoping we don't have to change, though!

19. emilymad

emilymad DIS Veteran

Thanks! I think we are looking at the week starting the 20th. Hotel prices go down starting the 20th so I am hoping that is a good indicator.

20. emilymad

emilymad DIS Veteran

I have a question on booking a room now and then waiting for a discount. Now that we have airfare booked I would like to have some room reservation booked. I am thinking of trying to book a room only reservation with hopefully at least a AAA discount. If free dining comes out I know that I can rebook as long as their are rooms available under the discount. What happens if then they release a room only discount and I want to switch from free dining to the room only? It would be ok as long as they have availability under the room only discount?

21. preschoolmom

preschoolmom DIS Veteran

Well, I booked my airfare today! We're staying one more night because the flight was a touch cheaper... Hmmm... That probably didn't really save me, since I'll need one more night and food and park tickets :rotfl2::thumbsup2