October 2013...book room only or pkg?

butsy113

AKV Owner
I am helping a friend plan her Disney vacation. (I already have my May trip planned :goodvibes) We are DVC members so I haven't booked a pkg in a while and need some help. They are going October 5-11, 2013 and wanting POFQ. The specials aren't out yet. Is it best to book room only now and add the package later or book the whole package now? Does it matter? Thanks!

If they know they want a package, it's best to book that from the beginning. If they book room only now with intentions of changing to a package later, the room only would have to be cancelled/refunded and the package booked, requiring a new $200 deposit. Tickets cannot be "added" to a room only reservation as room only and packages are different reservation systems and money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other. If a room discount comes out later on, they can call and have it applied to the room portion of the reservation, provided there is availability at their resort/room type under that discount. HTH :).

I booked room only in Feb of 2011 for my trip in Oct of 2011. Then bought my park tickets about 2 weeks later. Because I did NOT buy them together in a package I found out there was NO WAY to get free dining when it came out months later. BIGGEST MISTAKE I made. Just about everyone in the dining area at POP had free dining but us. Would have saved us a bundle! DON'T make the same mistake we did. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter