October 2012 Planning.. Anyone else?

heading back the week before Halloween for our kids' second surprise halloween trip (Oct. 21-26th). Just booked the HOJO's ENT rate. The search is on for that killer airfare we got last year...

Its a king bed in one room and a seperate room w/ bunk beds! Pirate themed w/ POTC artwork on the walls. There are 14 of these rooms.

Got the Entertainment rate of $129/night.

It's on their HOJO Anahiem website w/ photos.

When do they start decorating for Halloween and how long is the Haunted Mansion shut down? I really wanted to go in October, but we want to HM in its original state.

We are going From Oct 13 to 20th. My second trip ever to Disneyland, and her first. It will be our final prewedding anniversery. We are going to upgrade our WDW APs to Premier. We have started our planning and picking out what we want to do and eat. We do want to attempt to go to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights and their version of the MNSHP.

The HM usually shuts down in September for refurb and then is shut down for some of January to get put back to normal. Halloween decorations went up in September this year.

I'm going with my 2 DD's who are 13 and 8 from September 30th- October 6th. I can't wait. I have taken my dd's separately to DLR for their 7th b-days but never together so it will be exciting for us. My mother who as never been to Disneyland will also be joining us. This is even more exciting because she is going to fall in love with DLR!!! :thumbsup2 We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel and planning to do the Halloween party one night. Along with all the other fun stuff DLR has like Character Breakfasts, World of Color and all the parades. We are going to do one day at Universal Studios because we have never ever been there and figured it would be a good time to go and see it!!

I can't wait to see DLR all decorated for Halloween. I have been at Christmas time and it was magical then so I can only imagine the Halloween with be just as magical!!

We are in talks about planning an October trip with two other couples who also happen to be going to DL this month but at different times. Very excited since I will also be going in the end of June with my family! :hug::banana:

Does anyone know the dates of Gay days & Columbus day?? Trying to avoid that weekend if possible! Thanks!

Gay days is usually during the first week of October, so I always avoid that week due to crowds. Columbus day is Monday the 8th of October so that's the three day weekend to avoid as well :)

Gay Days are Oct 5-7 and Columbus day the 8th.

I've never been bothered by noticaeable crowds in WDW by GD but not sure effects in DL since it's so much smaller.

It tends to affect the crowds at DL quite a bit, last time I went during it was SUPER busy

We are planning a trip for this October as well! :cool1: We had to cancel our trip last year due to an illness in the family but all is heading in the right direction now so we are really looking forward to this trip! It's been a long year....can't wait to get back to our Happy Place! :lovestruc We will be there from the 13th-20th.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is Gay Days?? I see that it happens to fall on the last day of our trip to DLR. I just want to know what it is.

Thanks.

I will be heading back to disneyland in October, but yet to work out dates since i want to also see Hawaii and San Francisco while over in the US

I am planing a surprise trip for my whole family even the hubby!:yay: I chose the last week of October. I found a great rate at the DI&S across the street! I am going to open a separate bank account to start saving! Hopefully I can make it happen this year! I had to cancel our first Fall attempt last year! :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter