October 19, 2002 Cruisers, Never ending.......

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by jiminyC_fan, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Pooh_Friend#1

Pooh_Friend#1 <font color=blue>Check out my year round tan!</fon

Welcome Tiffany! I met you at the Pampered Chef party and Jaymee's wedding!! So exciting you are going on a cruise. We are going on the Fantasy in June so if you need anything let me know!

So this weekend was a rough bad weekend. We had to put my older dog Sable down on Friday. I have been a wreck and it's been horrible. I have never felt so much pain. It was just as hard telling the girls and hear them cry. One of the girls, Amanda, made me feel a little better because she told us she knew it was close and the day they left our house she told Sable it was okay to go. She is taking it better than most of us and Sable was the one that slept with her every night on her bed when they were at our house. I did pray and ask god to give me a sign when it was time so there was no second guessing. God gave us the sign (more than a few) so there is no doubt in my mind that we did the right thing, it's just still so hard. I'm also thankful she made it through the holidays. I have to say I am extremely thankful for my parents, they did the most amazing thing that I will never be able to thank them enough. With the help of my family and friends, I will get through this.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Mickey02

Mickey02 <font color=darkcoral>Glad the brain washing worke

Good Morning!

I had forgotten Sandy that you and Heidi had met Tiffany so many times. She was just a little kid when we started this board. She is so excited about this cruise it is fun to feed off her excitement. its also nice to have someone else as crazy as me about anything disney. :rotfl:

Heidi-I'm so sorry about Sable. Amanda made me cry how sweet and unselfish of her. my Mom and dad lost one of their dogs while we were in Disney in December. My neices were with her and held her until she passed assuring her it was ok to go. Dogs are such faithful friends I swear they understand.

Denine-Praying you get not only information today but good news on Kaleigh.

4. Mickey02

Heidi-so what did your parents do for you?

5. jiminyC_fan

jiminyC_fan <font color=FF00CC>Missing Captain Mickey!<br><fon

Hey guys, good to see some chatter.

Heidi, you were so fantastic to warn me not to go on FB and see what Emily wrote. You certainly could have warned me about YOUR post here on the DIS. It made me cry. How sweet of Amanda. Then you posted your feelings. It triggered me again and also your dad. It was like she was my own.

Thinking of you Denine. Hope everything goes well tomorrow.

6. Mickey02

Home from a tuff day at work. People sure can be mean. Nice to have friends like you guys that is always there. :grouphug:

7. jiminyC_fan

Sorry about your day Barb. You're right. We are all here to lift each other up! Love you!

8. Pooh_Friend#1

Barb - Sorry you had a rough day. My parents were so supportive and surprised us and went to the vet Saturday morning to tie up all the loose strings so we didn't have to set foot in the vet office again...something I didn't want to do. I knew it was hard on them because she was as much theirs as she was ours. I hope your day is better today. I cold never do your job...having people scream and yell all day long. I would have to punch somebody. ;)

Looking forward to taking off on Saturday to go find some warmth and the ocean in Cozumel. I also can't wait to meet my mom's friends that are there. All I need to do is find a good book to read. Any suggestions?

Denine - How is Kaleigh doing?

Julie - Happy Birthday to Brooke!! I hope you guys have a great day.

9. jiminyC_fan

HAPPY 9th BIRTHDAY, BROOKE!!
    I remember her as a little baby when we met her. That was when Heidi met the family for the first time.

Denine, read your post about Kaleigh's doc visit today. Sounds like you found a doctor that is willing to listen. I love Rainbow Babies!

Nothing new with me. Did a little shopping today and ended up with my bruised lung issue again so now I am sitting on a hot pad. :( Thank goodness for leftovers!

10. knightgrl25

knightgrl25 Earning My Ears

Did they close Bahama Breeze?

11. jiminyC_fan

Unfortunately, it's been gone for a few years now.

12. Pooh_Friend#1

OMGoodness mom, that is horrible. 1 year later and you are still struggling. Thanks for picking up Lilly today and making dinner!!!! The Ham is in the fridge!

13. Denine

Denine I want to go on a cruise! I want to move to sunny

Heidi: So sorry to hear about Sable. It is so hard to make that decision. We have had to too many times. :hug:

Thanks for thinking of us. Kaleigh is still in a lot of pain. I am hoping to hear about at least some of the bloodwork by tomorrow. The doctor spent about an hour with us and went over everything. Her pain is 24/7 and nothing helps. We keep trying relaxation techniques with her, but they aren't working either. The other night, we had her close her eyes and imagine Main Street. We tried to get her to visualize and smell everything. I wanted to engage all her senses. She started crying because she wanted to be there. I am hoping we get some answers soon. None of us are getting much sleep. We are doing our best to keep to a normal schedule, but modifications are always being made.

14. Mickey02

Good Morning

I am home AGAIN. Started feeling horrible about 2:30 yesterday. I wanted to leave work so bad but knew I couldn't because of vacation time. finally left at 4:30 and barely made it to the car before I started throwing up. I seem to be better today but I am to afraid to leave the house. I havent had anything to eat since noon yesterday and kind of afraid to try. I am never going to get my vacation time built up enough for Disney at this rate:worried:

Denine- How horrible for Kaleigh. I have missed a lot of posts from you so I am kind of in the dark. She is in pain and they don't know why? :( When will you get the test results back from the test you had yesterday?

Sandy-Bruised lung? How did that happen? Sounds painful

I sure miss Bahama Breeze. What a perfect place to meet before the cruise. Sandy & Heidi do you know of anything like Bahama Breeze in Denver? We are going to meet in Denver before our October cruise and need a cool place.

Tiffany-Only 4 More days until your Birthday!! Where do you want to meet for dinner??

Hope everyone has a great day. I'll be back later

15. jiminyC_fan

Good day everyone.

Denine, sounds like you are doing everything you can to help Kaleigh. Hopefully, the results come in early.

Barb, I'm so sorry you are sick. Not my idea of a fun vacation day. I don't know of any other place like Bahama Breeze. Heidi might be able to help you with that. I bruised my lung last year sledding. I could have cracked a rib but they didn't take an xray because they said that there isn't much they could do for it anyway. Two different doctors agreed to that.

We are dogsitting Heidi's other dog, Lilly. I don't think any of us could just make her stay alone so soon after Sable's passing. I'm sure it's hard on her not knowing what the deal is and then to be left alone suddenly. Ted is out walking her right now.

16. Pooh_Friend#1

Denine - I am so sorry Kaleigh is in so much pain, I pray they find whatever is making her in so much pain. I can't imagine going that long and still in pain. I know she is not a baby, but poor baby, that has to be horrible on all of you and not being able to take her pain away.

Julie- How was Brooke's birthday??? What is her birthday party plans? Are you doing okay?

Barb - Not you too, I hope you feel better. I heard the crud going around is putting people in bed for at least 2 weeks. Get lots of rest and fluids. Hugs to you. I'm sure I could think of a place like Bahama Breeze..just give me some time when my head is less clouded!

Mom - Thanks for taking my baby. I swear she knows your name. Last night we were talking to her and asking if she was going to see grandpa and grandma and every time we said that she would jump up and get excited! I know you had cleaning to do today and she doesn't make that easy! Awe, and she even got her walk in. You guys are the best!

17. Pooh_Friend#1

Good morning all! I hope you have a great day. Today is my last day of work before I leave for vacation and I cannot wait! Everyone is sick here so I am super paranoid I am going to get it too. After everything we have been through in the last 2 weeks I really need this vacation and I am praying I don't get sick. I am taking extra precautions!!!!!! I'm not usually a germaphobe, but I am this week. If I don't get back on....have a great week next week.

18. Denine

Barb: Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Hope you get better soon. As far as Kaleigh goes, she had bronchitis around Thanksgiving that required antibiotics and oral steroids. The first atb didn't work so they put her on augmentin. 2 days after the augmentin started, she started complaining of stomach pains. The docs have tried different meds to no avail. We have had her to the ER and a CAT scan showed nothing significant. We have now seen a GI doc and are awaiting blood test results. She has been in pain for 6 weeks now (as of tomorrow). We are all at our breaking point.

Heidi: Enjoy your vacation!

19. jiminyC_fan

Huge natural gas leak close to Heidi and us. It smells so strong outside. The haze is thick. At least inside isn't bad.

I'm headed to get my mani and pedi. My feet are going to freeze until I can put my socks back on. Not looking forward to that!

Hope all the sickies are doing better.

JULIE, where are you??? Miss you!

20. jiminyC_fan

Stopping by with my goodbyes. We leave in the morning. I will be gone for two weeks and Heidi one week. I will try and check in and if not, have a good couple of weeks! XOXO

21. Denine

Well, it looks like Kaleigh has Celiac disease. They are still waiting for 1 more blood test result, but based on the 2 that came back, they want to do an endoscopy for a definitive diagnosis. The doctors office is going to call me on Monday and then I will schedule it. This means Kaleigh will have to go gluten free. But, not until after the endoscopy. Doing so before can mess up the test.