1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Oct 23-30, 2010 eastern sold out

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by bethann77, Jan 5, 2010.

1. bethann77

bethann77 Mouseketeer

My brother in law tried to book a cruise with us for the Easter Caribbean Oct 23-30, 2010 and it is sold out except for suites. I was surprised it sold out this early.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MissDaisyofTexas

MissDaisyofTexas DIS Veteran

I think that might be the week that all New Jersey schools are out for the week?

4. lornak

lornak DIS Veteran

I'm wondering if they changed the dates of drydock?? I wanted to book an Oct 16, 2010 cruise and they told me the Magic would be in drydock then. But when I just looked online Oct 16 showed up as an option...but Oct 23 did not. Maybe they pushed dry dock back by a week?

5. TIGGER/POOH4

TIGGER/POOH4 DIS Veteran

The drydock dates have not changed. The first cruise after drydock is 10/16/10 Western. The first two cruises after drydock are in high demand due to the Magic has been over on the other side of the pond since early April. Therefore there has been no 7 day cruises since then in the Carribbean. I would guess a lot of people are like me and not willing to spend $7 grand on a 5 day Wonder in the summer when I can get a 7 day Magic for $4 grand in Oct.

6. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

Have your brother keep checking, because some people will change their minds and cancel before final payment is due in early August.

7. SweetSpot

SweetSpot DIS Veteran

It's not NJ week, we are the first week in November, Election week each year.

It might be that the ship was chartered that week. It seems strange that it would be sold out during off season so early.

8. Cmbar

Cmbar DIS Veteran

The next week is Jersey Week and even that Halloween Cruise is pretty full. You can't get a Cat 9 on Deck 2 anymore and first seating has been gone for six months already. Yikes. Everyone is going on cruises in Oct/Nov! But it does seem odd that that particular cruise is sold out.