Oct. 15, 2006 (4 nights on the "New" Wonder)

landmark

Addicted to Disney... not seeking cure.
4 night Wonder sailing Oct. 15, 2006 - Oct. 19, 2006
Visiting: Nassau and Castaway Cay

Roster:

JenCel70, DH, DD14, DS5
LindyLoo, DH, DD4
MJ5Mouse, DD17
Priorityonecb, DH, DD15, DD9
SparKelly, *New* DH (Honeymoon :bride: pirate: )
Sue88
TinkNanny, DH, DD12
Valerie SI NY

If you wish to be added to the roster please PM Landmark.

Anyone else going on this cruise? It will be me/DH, DD (14) and DS (8) We will be staying at POR the night before and then heading out to the port and after heading back to the world to visit the parks. This will be our second cruise the first one was DCL as well... 3 night Wonder.

Looking forward to the changes in drydock. I've heard that large screen will be really neat!

We'll be on this sailing too!!! :banana: I've been looking for a thread about "our" cruise! Our daughters will be 15 and 9 when we go!

Come on...there's got to be others!!! :yay:

Priorityonecb said:
We'll be on this sailing too!!! :banana: I've been looking for a thread about "our" cruise! Our daughters will be 15 and 9 when we go!

Come on...there's got to be others!!! :yay:

Welcome! Our DD's will be about the same age then. DS will be 8 and I'm sure he will want to spend some time in the activity centers... we could hardly keep them out last time! They are most excited about that. :teeth:

Is this your first DCL cruise?

We should be arriving the afternoon of the 14th at POR and then driving to the port the next day. Last year we had breakfast that morning at Boatwrights (Banana Stuffed French Toast YUM!) and the kids want to do that again. We will have my parents with us as well.

Yes, this is our first Disney Cruise! My older dd is unsure if she will like the clubs, it would be so nice to have her pen pal with someone else on the ship when it's closer so she feels like she has a "friend" there already! Not that we mind having her hang out with us...but I think she'd enjoy some alone time too.

Do you take Disney transportation to the port? I am wondering what we will have time for the morning that we leave. I was thinking of Boatwrights as well!! <the sweet potato pancakes with pecans sound devine!>

DD would love to have a penpal before the cruise. This would be the first time she'd be eligible for the teen club and is nervous. I told her that none of us necessarily have friends on the ship before we go... we have to make them. :wave:

It would be great to schedule a meet up maybe the night before so they could meet OR we could even say "Howdy!" at breakfast.

We are driving ourselves are you taking the bus? Have they given you a departure time? Last time we left POR at about 8:30 am and got to the port WAY early and even had to sit in the car. Something tells me that the busses don't leave until like 10ish? Being that they bring the other passengers off the ship first and then pick up the ones going but I'm not sure we've always driven. I'm sure you can find that answer on this forum though.

Yes, we are taking the Disney bus. I can't get a real answer as to when it picks up at POR.

Have you done excursions on your previous Disney cruises? We are going to get a "room" at the Atlantis or Comfort Suites so we can do the Atlantis.

Priorityonecb said:
Have you done excursions on your previous Disney cruises? We are going to get a "room" at the Atlantis or Comfort Suites so we can do the Atlantis.

Wow! We are going to be running into each other alot.. :laughing: We are planning on doing exactly the same thing! Last year we made our own excursion by walking to the pirate museum in Nassau but this year DD has already asked if we could Puhleeeeze go to Atlantis.

My parents are going on the cruise as well and after looking at the Atlantis website it really looks like it's something! I know that DD is looking forward to some of the water slides and I'm excited to see the aquarium part.

I wonder why we are the only two posting...dang...we'll definately be assured a lounge chair by the pool if it's just us on this cruise! :rotfl:

Let me know if you get any killer deals at the Atlantis...and I will be sure to do the same for you! My daughters and I will be at the pool/dig all day while my husband gambles his little heart out and tries to win enough to cover the cost of the trip! :lmao: I can't laugh to hard though...he actually has done just that twice!

Just being nosey....will you do Palo? I think we are going to go with Brunch. We want to have dinner with the girls every night. We have late seating for dinner....you?

Priorityonecb said:
Just being nosey....will you do Palo? I think we are going to go with Brunch. We want to have dinner with the girls every night. We have late seating for dinner....you?

I would like to try the brunch, Yes.

We have early dinner. I actually tossed back and forth on that one the first cruise but was happy in the end that we did early. That allowed us to actually be hungry again for the pirate party dessert buffet. :woohoo: Also, DS is autistic and it was just nicer to have him completely fed and the dinner thing over for the shows. That way we didn't have to feed him seperately before the show then attend show and have him either go to the kids club or watch us eat later. I admit that the first night dinner seemed so early but after that it was ok... we actually eat early dinner at home. Now later in the parks we sometimes do not eat until 8pm or after!!! Though our server was wishing that DS would try something other than the cheese pizza for dinner. I remember the last night he asked "Oh Mr Austin would you like something different for dinner tonight?" and He'd already circled cheese pizza on the menu... :rotfl2: so.... cheese pizza it was. Again. Guess it was good?

Yes we will keep a look out on the room rates. We would qualify for the government discount at the comfort though I'm not sure how much of a discount that is. I think last time I checked the room was only going to be $25 off from Atlantis prices. :confused3 but hoping more information comes out over the next few months.

We are planning... hoping... to see Bob Jackson at POR Saturday night... how about you?

Hello......I'm Kimberly's Mom and we'll also be on this cruise. It'll be our 1st and we're sooooo excited about it. I've already been clothes shopping and have LOTS of sewing to get done before we go.....right???? Kim :thumbsup2
I've started exercising...so, I'll be able to keep up with you all....and, just possibly consider putting on a swimsuit. :rotfl:

pbinman said:
Hello......I'm Kimberly's Mom and we'll also be on this cruise. It'll be our 1st and we're sooooo excited about it. I've already been clothes shopping and have LOTS of sewing to get done before we go.....right???? Kim :thumbsup2
I've started exercising...so, I'll be able to keep up with you all....and, just possibly consider putting on a swimsuit. :rotfl:

:welcome:

Welcome to the thread... glad you posted! I think you will really enjoy the cruise we had the BEST time on ours.

Yes you have lots of sewing to do. I think you should start yesterday. :rotfl2: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate:

Yes, I've read about Bob Jackson and definately want to check him out!! We'll be at Sea World that Saturday. Where can I find him? Do you think grabbing dinner at the food court or Boatwrights is a good idea...then heading over to see the show?

pbinman said:
....and, just possibly consider putting on a swimsuit. :rotfl:

:scared1: EEEKKKK!! I just realized something... you said SWIMSUIT!!!

Guess I'd better dust off the pilates and get the clothes off the exercise bike.

Thanks for the reminder.... I think! :lmao: :lmao:

Priorityonecb said:
Yes, I've read about Bob Jackson and definately want to check him out!! We'll be at Sea World that Saturday. Where can I find him? Do you think grabbing dinner at the food court or Boatwrights is a good idea...then heading over to see the show?

Bob Jackson performs at the lounge located in the POR resort. When you get there it's between the check-in part of the lobby and the Boatwrights. I think he starts at 8:30pm. He's not hard to find especially after he gets started... just follow your ears! LOL :listen:

Dinner at the food court or Boatwrights would be a great idea. We have taken the boat over to DTD for dinner about 6ish before and gotten back in time for the show no problem.

Sea world! How fun!

I don't mind the swimsuit...but we'll be coming from Colorado in October. I need to TAN!! Nobody wants to see my pasty white self on the beach! :rotfl:

Thanks for the Bob Jackson tips! He's family friendly right?

Priorityonecb said:
I don't mind the swimsuit...but we'll be coming from Colorado in October. I need to TAN!! Nobody wants to see my pasty white self on the beach! :rotfl:

Thanks for the Bob Jackson tips! He's family friendly right?

LOL!!! We'll all have sunglasses just in case! :smooth:

Yes, Bob is family friendly! Great time... we make sure to visit at least once every visit. Definitly starts the vacation off right for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!