Obsessed with the DIS, resorts, and codes

I will have to jump in here and say I too am a Disney nut and I check these boards at least once per hour or more. I would have never thought a Disney trip would be even remotely affordable for a family of 5 and as I was researching last year for our last trip, I ran across this site and have been here ever since. Thanks to all the information that our fellow DISers have posted and thanks to all the discounts that Disney has allowed, we were able to go for a week and stay at the WL (Our favorite resort). I hadn't been in over 10 years and to see the look on my childrens' faces was all it took for me to book our next trip the week after we returned!! Thanks to all who help those like me with all your infinate knowlede!!!

Sherri

((((((((((Big group hug))))))))))

I, to, am thankful for the comraderie (?sp) and like-mindedness I have found here on the Disboards. Not to mention the great trip-planning info! I would feel so, uh...weird...without all of you other Disney-obscessed weirdos! ;)

I am something of a closet-Dis'er; when I hear/see my dh coming, I quickly switch to my eBay auctions to look like I'm actually getting some work done :rolleyes: He just doesn't understand the way you all do!

Sue

I thought I was the only one. ;) I am logged in all day (yes ALL day from 7-4) at work. Then when I get home I log in for several more hours.

I just pray that codes come out on a day that I can log in on my husband's computer. (cable modem) If he's on it....I can't be on the phone calling CRO and on my computer at the same time.

Oh wait...that's what cell phones are for!

My SO said, "PLEASE!!!! I NEED A BREAK FROM YOUR OBSESSION!!" I just can't stop myself! Today,I was at a dog show getting my dog ready to go in the ring,and I overheard someone say they were going to Disney. Well,I almost missed my call to show because I was talking about resorts!!!!

SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!!!

airhead

Yes, I'm obsessed, and I have to admit, at first it bothered me that I could be so hooked on something, especially when my family would say things like, "you're checking the boards AGAIN!" But this is major fun for me, planning is like a hobby, and having all of you Disers who understand and feel the same way makes this Disney obsession that much more enjoyable. At night I fall asleep thinking of PSs! (Thanks be to God that all is well in my life for me to be able to put myself to sleep thinking of WDW.)

Someone on the Dis said that as crazy as it may sound, it's almost sad that WDW time is approaching, because then it'll be over. I totally understand this feeling. BUt as long as we have these boards to read and eachother to keep the magic alive, I can live on memories until the next trip. After this summer's trip, we probably won't be going back for 2 years. So that means I'll have two years of planning to live on!

I LUV this thread! I read thru the posts and so far have agreed with every single one. I laughed at loud at momtotwinglesx4's post, because I too, switch the computer screen when I hear DH approaching! (Oh and btw, he's an identical twin). Since finding these boards, my WDW interest has actually increased 10 fold! I love to plan, make lists, plan, organize, plan....you get the idea...and yes, this part is just as much fun for me as being in the World! I've learned SOOO much more than I could have ever learned by just reading guide books. And, I've saved a ton of $ too! But my best DIS experience of all was the Illuminations cruise DH and I took with 10 other DISers and the DIS meet that followed on the Boardwalk that same night! What a fabulous bunch of folks the DISers are! Hip, hip, hooray for us!
Oh, and I don't think of this as an addiction - it's a way of life!

Yep, the DIS makes waiting for my trip go so much faster, and it really does help to help others plan their Disney trips in between my own. I, too, check this board so often that my DH thinks I am nuts and obsesssed, but at least now I can show him all these posts on this thread and prove that I am not the only one! :p

The DIS is definitely the best of all boards out there, and it makes me feel like I am part of a special club. It's nice to be somewhere where everyone else is as crazy as you are! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :

momtotwinglesx4

I almost fell off my chair after reading your post. I have to hid my Disney obsession from my DH as well. We just returned last week and he can't figure out why I'm still on the boards.

Yes, I am DIS/Resort/Code obsessed!!! :p :p I am constantly planning WDW trips for all my friends as well as our own family. ;) I just can't get enough!!! :smooth: And my dh is even MORE obsessed than I am. ;) ;)

You people are just too funny! I'm at work right now cracking up at your posts! I check the DIS on my breaks and about every other night at home. I also change the screen sometimes when my husband walks in our bedroom. When he sees me on the DIS, he just rolls his eyes. This is our first trip and I'm so excited. The planning has become my new hobby. I just want to make this a special and memorable trip for our family. But I still think there's hope for my hubby. I know that as our trip draws near, he'll become more excited. It's nice to know I'm not alone!:Pinkbounc

I too am obsessed. :p

I just love reading these boards every night when I get home from work. It just seems to make the tension melt away when I have a bad day.... or any day! Also the tips and info that I have found here have been great. I am planning a Feb. trip and one in June too!

I just can't stop!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter