OBB for another party

RemysMom

Mouseketeer
I've read previous posts about booking a future cruise for someone else that isn't sailing with you while onboard and it appears that this is or has been acceptable. Is this also true if I'm not rebooking for myself? Just booking for someone not on the ship. Were there any changes to this with the new policy?

TIA

You can book onboard a maximum of 2 stateroom for any 1 cruise date per household currently onboard. Passengers on the future cruise do not have to be on the current cruise. If the cruise is entirely for another party, they'll either need to give you cash or their credit card information, unless you are willing to front them the deposit funds.

Please note, however, that there was a recent change in that OBBs can no longer be pushed out indefinitely. Reservations from an OBB must be cruised within 18 months of initial booking or the OBB benefits will be canceled from that reservation. (So if you cruise in Dec. 2013 and make an OBB, that cruise needs to be taken by June 2015.)

Enjoy your cruise!

Just want to confirm and get any other feedback. My friends are going on a cruise, I will not be on the cruise. They will not book a future cruise for themselves. Can they book two staterooms for me (7 night cruise) 10% off, on board credit, reduced deposit?

Thanks!

You can only book on board for a future cruise but you MUST be part of that new cruise. You cannot book for someone else. That has always been the rule... So to answer OPs question, the answer is no.

You can only book on board for a future cruise but you MUST be part of that new cruise. You cannot book for someone else. That has always been the rule... So to answer OPs question, the answer is no.

That hasn't always been the rule. I booked rooms for my BIL and his family and my husband's parents, none of whom were sailing with us at the time, back in 2011.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards

Back from my cruise and OBB. Here is how it went down.

I would have been able to book for the other party. Each cabin can book 2 staterooms. Yes, for anyone I want, even if it is not me and even if they are not on the current cruise. They would have received all OBB benefits. HOWEVER, once on board we all decided to book again (yes, they got us again! :-) So now the rules change.

Under this condition, I could have still booked the room for them, however, they have to be on the same date. So in other words, you can book 2 staterooms but they cannot be on different sail dates. Which was the situation in my case. I booked a Nov cruise, they wanted an October cruise.

I could have still booked the sailing, but it would have been an online booking without the OBB benefits.

Hope this all makes sense.

Thanks for the replies, I'll ask my friends and see what happens. I just hope they do not have to waste time in the rebooking line. I just went on a cruise and did not rebook, ofcourse after I get back, my siblings finally are ready to cruise! I really wish DCL would send me the 10% coupon I have seen others receive.

I do also believe it depends on who is working the rebooking desk. They will be on the Fantasy.

Just want to confirm and get any other feedback. My friends are going on a cruise, I will not be on the cruise. They will not book a future cruise for themselves. Can they book two staterooms for me (7 night cruise) 10% off, on board credit, reduced deposit?

Thanks!

Yes, they will be able to book two rooms for you on the same date with full OBB benefits without a problem.

This has NEVER been the rule. Actually, it's probably part of the reason DCL started limiting the number of cruises & rooms you can book with full OBB benefits

Thanks for the replies, I'll ask my friends and see what happens. I just hope they do not have to waste time in the rebooking line. I just went on a cruise and did not rebook, ofcourse after I get back, my siblings finally are ready to cruise! I really wish DCL would send me the 10% coupon I have seen others receive.

I do also believe it depends on who is working the rebooking desk. They will be on the Fantasy.

They don't have to wait in the line at all. Simply write down the required information for everyone in each stateroom, note the category type you would like, if any specific area/room number include that as well, cruise date, and payment information....and also your friend's room/reservation number on it so they can get the receipt and confirmation back to them. Put it in an envelope and have them drop it in the box at the rebooking desk the first afternoon. They will have the quote in their room/on their fish the first night after dinner/the show. They will simply have to call the number listed and leave a message to confirm to make the booking and will receive the confirmation shortly. I have always done this and never stood in line. There's too much fun to be had on the ship! :) You will be able to modify the reservation after it appears online if you want a different room/category or even date, as long as it is within 18 months of the date the reservation was made. :thumbsup2

Sounds to me like this is a good way for people who want to cruise every two years to get the OBB benefits, pair up with another DISer who wants to go opposite years and book for each other!

Regretfully to update:
My friends aboard the Fantasy over X-Mas went to book on board for me w/ all my info hoping to get the discounts for a future cruise. The cast member would NOT let them book because they(family on the cruise) would not be a part of the sailing I was wanting.
They could have booked my cruise but there would not be any discounts.

If anyone wants to give it another shot, we are sailing Thanksgiving 2014

Regretfully to update: My friends aboard the Fantasy over X-Mas went to book on board for me w/ all my info hoping to get the discounts for a future cruise. The cast member would NOT let them book because they(family on the cruise) would not be a part of the sailing I was wanting. They could have booked my cruise but there would not be any discounts. If anyone wants to give it another shot, we are sailing Thanksgiving 2014

If they were going in the cruise with you, could they have booked more than just your room and theirs? I thought I remembered a limit if two, but am not sure.

they could have booked up to two rooms (so 1 extra)

(in this situation they had a lot of family on board with a few staterooms and could have booked us the 2 rooms we wanted...if allowed)

they could have booked up to two rooms (so 1 extra)

(in this situation they had a lot of family on board with a few staterooms and could have booked us the 2 rooms we wanted...if allowed)

The number of future staterooms you are eligible to book is based on the address(es) of the current cruisers, not the number of staterooms they are currently occupying. So a family that is spread out among 3 staterooms, but all reside at the same address, will still only be able to book 2 staterooms for 1 future date.

The above post is a little confusing as to whether the other family did indeed book anything onboard for themselves. In which case they would not be allowed to book for you. Or did they not book anything for themselves, and still denied booking for you? If that's the case, it sounds like a new rule.

The number of future staterooms you are eligible to book is based on the address(es) of the current cruisers, not the number of staterooms they are currently occupying. So a family that is spread out among 3 staterooms, but all reside at the same address, will still only be able to book 2 staterooms for 1 future date.

The above post is a little confusing as to whether the other family did indeed book anything onboard for themselves. In which case they would not be allowed to book for you. Or did they not book anything for themselves, and still denied booking for you? If that's the case, it sounds like a new rule.

You are right, that part is a little confusing... because as I reported from my December Fantasy cruise with a similar situation, I would have been able to book the rooms with all the OBB's even if I wasn't sailing. The only reason I was told I was not able to was because the other party wanted a different sailing date. So if their party did not book a cruise, they should have been able to book one for you.

My parents went on the Dream on October. They did not want to book another cruise, so I asked them to book one for me. They were not allowed :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter