O/T- Thanksgiving shopping.

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by hockey mom, Sep 2, 2005.

1. hockey mom

hockey mom <font color=coral>Loves to do the Napkin Dance at

Can anyone help a couple of Canadians out. We would like to come over a do some shopping.
    Which day of the Thanksgiving holiday is the best shopping day?

What time should we get started?

Are the sales that good?

Anyone in the Buffalo area tell me if the Walden Galleria have good sales?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disneymom3

disneymom3 <font color=green> I think I could adjust!! <br><f

The Friday after Thanksgiving is going to be your best bet and you need to be ready to get to stores before 6a.m. That is when many will open, but there will already be lines forming. My advice would be to make sure to get a newspaper from the area you intend to shop in on Thursday--Thanksgiving itself--to check out the ads.

Don't know anything about the Buffallo area, but in most areas, the deals are pretty darn good if you get up early enough and have a plan.

4. swilshire

swilshire DIS Veteran

A few of the stores here open at midnight. You MUST buy a local newspaper the day before and PLAN your attack. We are usually at the stores with the most desired items by 4AM or so. It's like a party.

Sheila

5. hockey mom

hockey mom <font color=coral>Loves to do the Napkin Dance at

Holy cow 4AM. :earseek:

Thanks for the info. We are going to be down on the Thursday so we will grab the local paper.

6. iNTeNSeBLue98

iNTeNSeBLue98 DIS Veteran

The early morning hours of the Friday following Thanksgiving Day are when the best deals of the year are offered - unless the retail season is slow and prices are cut immediately prior to Christmas.

Do as the other poster mentioned and get the local newspaper for Thursday containing the ads for Friday. Rise up early in the morning, awake and energized. Be prepared for crowds until about 11am.