O/T- Allure plank flooring??

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by ekatiel, May 16, 2010.

1. ekatiel

ekatiel DIS Veteran

I noticed this stuff in Home Depot the other day. It seems to get mostly good reviews on the internet (there are a ton of 5 star reviews on most sites with a few 1 star "my floor is peeling up at the seams" reviews). I wondered if anyone on here has it in their home and what they think of it. I wanted to install some type of wood-look flooring in our new kitchen and extend it to the living room, but pergo isn't too great if you have a dishwasher flood, etc. This flooring seems to be water-resistant, looks like pergo, is cheaper than most pergo and is easy to install. Have I just found a GREAT flooring solution, or is it too good to be true?? --Katie

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. gigi1976

gigi1976 Mouseketeer

we put it in our basement when we finished it and it was super easy to install. I like it, we got the dark color. When we refinanced last year the appraiser asked when we had put the laminate in the basement- I just smiled and said last fall. I was shocked that it fooled her!! We do have one plank that is under my scrapbooking desk that has a bit of a lip on it, but if it was that bad I could fix it with a little glue. I think maybe the heavy desk pulled the sticky parts apart a little.

4. pal-mickey

pal-mickey DIS Veteran

I've just installed this in my bathroom and living room. Both are the ones that look like tile. It was easy to install. I don't think mine is in long enough to have any problems.

5. PiperPizzaz

PiperPizzaz DIS Veteran

I put this in my bathroom recently and I really like it. I put it in myself it was pretty easy.

6. ekatiel

ekatiel DIS Veteran

Thanks for the good reviews guys! I can't wait to install this in our new house :cool1:. --Katie