NYE week 2010 Dec 26th-3rd.

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by Mini Sorcerer's Mom, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Mini Sorcerer's Mom

Mini Sorcerer's Mom Mini Sorcere's Mom

Mar 2, 2005
    We are planning on going NYE week 2010 and I am hoping to get either BLT or BWV for that week. I know both are VERY difficult to get.

My questions are:
    1. Has anyone had any luck getting either of those resorts at the 7 month period?

2. Are one bedrooms the easiest to get?

3. Do you think walking the reservation, starting in mid-December might help. My only concern with this is losing the reservation at AKV that I am planning to book at the 11 month, to make certain I have something.

4. You can no longer find out from MS which resorts, other than your home, are available, does anyone know a way to do so?

KAT4DISNEY Glad to be a test subject

Mar 17, 2008
    So you own at AKV? If so then walking a reservation at the 7 months mark does not work the same as at 11 months. At 11 months once you have a room booked you are set b/c no one else can book ahead of you. At 7 months all the owners at BWV or BLT could have booked the room prior to your trying to reserve.

I do not have any experience with the NYE week but have gotten both BWV and BLT at 7 months (or less) at other times of the year.