NYE dining question

Beauties n the Beast

Mouseketeer
We will be at Disney from 12/26 thru 1/1 this year. I have the dining plan, and am excited to make reservations later next month!!! So my question is, on New Year's Eve - which park is best to go to AND what would be the best option there for a New Year's eve dinner?

We have gone NYE in the past and its a BLAST! While its probably the most crowded day of the year its an experience like no other.

Don't know the ages in your party, but its me, dh and dd(12). We did Epcot 2 yrs ago and are doing it again this year. You need to go to whichever park you pick early and plan on staying all day and all night. The parks will be full to capacity and therefore closed at some point late morning I think. Disney opened all the grassy areas in epcot and people laid on blankets, brought books etc. We didn't go on any rides that day.

They passed out hats and horns and had fireworks from every country. There were multiple bands, dancing in the streets. It was incredible.

We ate counter service for lunch and dinner that day and dd has said she would like to do the same this time (probably Japan outdoors) ,

New Years Eve Eve we went to MK. They had music blaring out of speakers and the CM's were dancing all over the place. It was a great time. I was told that MK celebrates NYE on both nights.

Don't let anyone tell you its too crowded. Thats what they said to us I'm so glad I didn't listen. As of now, we plan on making NYE a tradition at WDW every year as long as we can.

Sorry for the long response, I get excited lol.

We have been there for NYE for the past 3 years. We never go to MK because it has closed to all guests by 10am and its wall to wall. Last year we started out at DHS, left in afternoon relaxed at Dolphin(checked in just for NYE after 4 night at OKW) ate dinner at Kouzinna hung around BW area and watched midlnite fireworks from BW area at Epcot and DHS then back to our room before most folks hit the parking lot. 2 years ago we started at DHS then entered Epcot at 4pm via IG and had dinner at Japan..lots of fun lots of outdoor activities. 3 years ago we spent whole day at DHS dinner at BD, last Fantasmic show then took boa back to Swan just before midnite and watched same fireworks at Epcot and DHS from there. Make ADRs right at 180 days. Plan on not being able to park hop if doing MK(don't make adr at resort and plan on returning); you cannot reenter if they reach max capacity even if you have adr in park. It has been ok for us to park hop between epcot and DHS, don't know if its always the case. It is very crowded and noisy everywhere(hat and noise makers all around). Its not a time to do attraction, but take in the holiday stuff.that's my opinion. Lots of stuff going on at BW area also that we did this year.

Connears
This year we leave on OKW 12/30(after four nights) and head to HHI for NYE on the way back to Boston.

Oh, that sounds awesome actually!!! It will be just me and my daughters, who are 13 and 9. And I know for sure the older one would love all the different celebrations...I'm thinking the younger one will too but you never know haha!! Thank you!!! I know I read that whatever park you plan on being in that night, get there early and stay put! Maybe we can do Le Cellier that day - my older daughter is sort of obsessed with Canada (thanks Justin Bieber) and mentioned she wanted to eat there...And who can refuse a good steak?!

We have been there for NYE for the past 3 years. We never go to MK because it has closed to all guests by 10am and its wall to wall. Last year we started out at DHS, left in afternoon relaxed at Dolphin(checked in just for NYE after 4 night at OKW) ate dinner at Kouzinna hung around BW area and watched midlnite fireworks from BW area at Epcot and DHS then back to our room before most folks hit the parking lot. 2 years ago we started at DHS then entered Epcot at 4pm via IG and had dinner at Japan..lots of fun lots of outdoor activities. 3 years ago we spent whole day at DHS dinner at BD, last Fantasmic show then took boa back to Swan just before midnite and watched same fireworks at Epcot and DHS from there. Make ADRs right at 180 days. Plan on not being able to park hop if doing MK(don't make adr at resort and plan on returning); you cannot reenter if they reach max capacity even if you have adr in park. It has been ok for us to park hop between epcot and DHS, don't know if its always the case. It is very crowded and noisy everywhere(hat and noise makers all around). Its not a time to do attraction, but take in the holiday stuff.that's my opinion. Lots of stuff going on at BW area also that we did this year.

Connears
This year we leave on OKW 12/30(after four nights) and head to HHI for NYE on the way back to Boston.

Wow, I'm surprised you were able to park hop. I was speaking w/ a woman (in the smoking area) who was seperated from her teen son and his friend at MK. This was also 2 yrs ago. They couldn't get into Epcot (this was noon) so she wasn't sure if she should take the chance going to MK as they were closed also.

I'm bringing a towel and a book this NYE and I'm going to plant myself on the grassy area and relax all afternoon.

Wow, I'm surprised you were able to park hop. I was speaking w/ a woman (in the smoking area) who was seperated from her teen son and his friend at MK. This was also 2 yrs ago. They couldn't get into Epcot (this was noon) so she wasn't sure if she should take the chance going to MK as they were closed also.

I'm bringing a towel and a book this NYE and I'm going to plant myself on the grassy area and relax all afternoon.

Epcot can hold a crowd better than MK. Epcot may have closed after we entered, but I don't know. It was very crowded at Epcot, but there is so much territory between the 2 areas that its not the wall to wall like the MK pictures I have seen. I actually enjoyed last year the best-DHS was very tourable in the morning and we even did TSM in stand-by line then just hanging around BW and having late dinner at Kouzzina..great viewing of DHS and Epcot from the area.

Connears

We did NYE (DH and I for our honeymoon) at EPCOT. We absolutely loved it! We had dinner at Le Cellier and it really made the evening. The park was closed around 11 am, but we got up early and spent the whole day there. It was pretty funny to walk around and see so many people sleeping on the grassy areas. The music and festive atmosphere really made our trip and an experience that will last. We can't wait to go back for another NYE. Hope you and your girls have fun!:banana:

My girlfriend and I did NYE in EPCOT a few years ago. You can go to MK on 12/30 and see the NYE Wishes so you can bring in the new year twice. We ate at Biergarten on NYE. The party atmosphere inside Biergarten just added to the party atmosphere around the WS. We had an 8PM ADR which gave us enough time to eat and find a spot to celebrate.

It can get quite conjested around the WS but it was worth it.

My girlfriend and I did NYE in EPCOT a few years ago. You can go to MK on 12/30 and see the NYE Wishes so you can bring in the new year twice. We ate at Biergarten on NYE. The party atmosphere inside Biergarten just added to the party atmosphere around the WS. We had an 8PM ADR which gave us enough time to eat and find a spot to celebrate.

It can get quite conjested around the WS but it was worth it.

We were in EPCOT this past NYE and ate at Biergarten. I made an earlier reservation (5:30) so we could enjoy the atmosphere in the Park. We didn't realize it by at 6pm it was midnight in Germany so everyone celebrated. The people that work there went to the stage & hugged & cried before singing some songs in German. It really added to our experience.

Thanks everyone...you have me really, really excited now!! Not only to see all the Christmas decorations but to enjoy TWO NYE celebrations!! I think I will schedule us to go to MK on 12/30 and then Epcot 12/31.... woohoo!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter