NYE dining ADRs tomorrow

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by Pixieflip, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Pixieflip

Pixieflip Are we there yet?

Getting ready to make my NYE ADR tomorrow! :banana:

Does anyone have a current list of restaraunts that are having special menus on New Year's Eve? I really just want a regular lunch menu. Thanks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Disney Princess

Disney Princess Member Since Day 1

I don't know about special menus, but here I sit, waiting to make my ADR. I am only making one, but it was worth setting my alarm for. :thumbsup2

4. Dervis

Dervis Mouseketeer

Glad to see I'm not the only one. :thumbsup2
    Were aiming for either Tepan Edo, Le Cell, or Rose and Crown. Hope we get something!

edit - Got Tepan Edo right before the high volume kicked in!

5. Ona

Ona ºoº Disney Dorks founding member ºoº

Arg. :badpc:

I'm new to the whole online ADR game. Should I be logging out and back in to the system or just keep hitting the "check availability" button?

Surely there's got to be a better way than this. :confused3

6. momtolots

momtolots Mouseketeer

:scared1: Nothing like setting your alarm early, and then getting system overload!

7. ScubaCat

ScubaCat Mouseketeer

Sometimes that message comes up when there's no availability. The "high volume" is not always valid. Try different times as if it said "no availability" instead.

On another note...
    Look what I got!!!!!!
    (Name and conf# masked so nobody tries to steal it)

Le Cellier Steakhouse at Epcot®

Primary Guest: **
    Confirmation Number:: **
    Day & Date: Thursday, December 31, 2009
    Time: 7:25 PM
    Dining Party: 2 Adults

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

8. Ware Bears

Ware Bears Bring me that horizon Moderator

Yikes :scared1: this is the first time in over 2 weeks of booking ADRs that I've experienced this. I even managed to get booked in for Christmas Day easily.

Fingers crossed it starts working for us soon. :wizard: :wizard:

Ona ~ I've just been hitting the Check Availability button but then it timed me out after 20 minutes anyway so I had to log out and back in again.

9. Dervis

Dervis Mouseketeer

Nice!:thumbsup2
    The only slot that I could find for my party there was at 11pm, and I thought that was a bit too late. Still very excited for Tepan Edo, even if it was #3 on my list.

10. Ona

Yip. Been doing exactly the same as you Ware Bears. 47 mins of this so far. :sad1:

Scuba Cat, I've tried a few different times and party sizes and still getting high volume. I hope there's still availability but I'm now losing faith. :sad1:

Last year was so much easier than this. :sad2:

11. Ware Bears

Ware Bears Bring me that horizon Moderator

Oh well, at least there are plenty of counter services to choose from .......... :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

12. momtolots

momtolots Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info ScubaCat!:worship:

I Got it Too!

:banana:
    Coral Reef and Le Cellier:cool1:

13. ScubaCat

ScubaCat Mouseketeer

Awesome!! Le Cellier on NYE? What time? Perhaps I can finally meet a DIS'er!

14. momtolots

momtolots Mouseketeer

10pm, a little late, but happy anyways, especially being from Canada!:yay:

15. Ona

It looks like you were dead on Scuba Cat. But alas it looks as though 'Ohana is booked up for the entire evening.

I did manage to book something - 6.55pm at the Rose & Crown. Not too bad. But far from what our original plans for NYE involved.

I shall however, keep trying. :woohoo:

16. ScubaCat

ScubaCat Mouseketeer

ah - well, that's ok because the park is open til 2am and that'll give you energy to hit that last 90 minutes of rides after the fireworks. (Tip: hit Soarin, Test Track, etc. after the NYE fireworks!)

17. ScubaCat

ScubaCat Mouseketeer

I noticed that the new date pops up at about 2:57am every night (yes, I actually studied this for several nights. Dork.) So I refreshed until the "31" turned blue, cilcked it, put in 7PM, hit continue, clicked the time, typed that phrase at lightning speed, and the rest is history. For fun, I went back literally 2 minutes later and no matter what time I put in it said 'no availability'. I guess I'll be dining with all the other computer nerds, eh? :surfweb:

18. mackay_j

mackay_j DIS Veteran

all I get is too busy try again later::confused3

19. Ona

I thought I'd try giving the reservations phone line a call just to confirm that there was indeed no availability for any time for 'Ohana on NYE.

And fully prepared for a confirmation of this, I have since been jumping for joy as i got the ressie I wanted.

'Ohana for 7.55pm! :yay:

So if you're still getting the high volume message don't dispare - give Disney Dining a call.

20. Pixieflip

Pixieflip Are we there yet?

Okay, now that's funny.

I got what I wanted too, Whispering Canyon Cafe! I can't believe all my ADRs have been so easy. No waking up at 3am, excuse me - 2:57am, EASTERN time for me, just 6:30am central. I got the system overload message online so I called and had no wait time on the phone. Yeah!:banana::banana:

21. nutterbutter2010

nutterbutter2010 DIS Veteran

I wasn't able to try online at 3am because there are so many of us, but I called at 7am and got Coral Reef for 16 people at 5.20 on NYE. I'm so excited!!!!!! Perfect time for us being all the ages, and the size of our party!