NYC Times Square Disney Store opening event Nov 7th

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by Mouse Skywalker, Oct 8, 2010.

1. kimisabella

kimisabella <font color=red>I wonder if he/she is coming on th

From my understanding, some select Disney Visa cardholders (I do have a Disney Visa so I'm not sure why I didn't get one) got a postcard in the mail inviting them to go to the store starting Nov. 4th. Has anyone, who will be working there had confirmation that there will indeed by a soft-opening for the public starting Nov. 4th?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TravelGrl

TravelGrl Mouseketeer

I got the card and the wording was "Opening on 11/4". So they didn't make it sound like it was a special offer besides the discount and pin (while supplies last).
    Why don't you contact your Disney Visa and ask why you didn't get the card? Maybe it was being sent to targeted people, but it could be that yours was just lost in the mail.

4. kimisabella

kimisabella <font color=red>I wonder if he/she is coming on th

Thanks - I don't really mind that I didn't get one, I just wanted clarification if we could actually go there starting Nov. 4th. I would assume since you did in fact get the postcard and that was the actual wording, they will be allowing the public in before the "opening celebration" on Nov. 9th.

5. Figmificent

Figmificent Mouseketeer

Posted on FB today by D23 that there will be 3 different 9" vinyls and the minnie statue 3" vinyl available at the D23 opening. Limit 2 pp and 5pp respectively

6. Mouse Skywalker

Mouse Skywalker <font color=green>The Force is strong with this Po

I just noticed something about the D23 event on Sunday. I knew that Jodi Benson was appearing, but I just noticed that there will be 100 Ariel Prints available for her to sign.
    From D23
    I wonder if that is any indication of the number of tickets that were available for the event? Certainly not everyone will purchase a print (since they cost $129.50), but could we estimate the crowd based on number of prints available? If half the people are expected to buy the print, then 200 people were allowed in. If only 10% of people are expected to buy the print, that's still only 1,000 people that would be able to get into the event. Not really a whole lot...

7. Mouse Skywalker

8. brookelizabeth

brookelizabeth <font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang<br><font colo

Mouse Skywalker - The link to post comments on the blog (to login) does not work properly. It takes you to the WordPress login and that doesn't accept our DISboards credentials.

I am a Disney Visa card holder and live in NYC, I haven't gotten the postcard yet, but I hope I do! The facade looks great, we walked through Times Square on Sunday to see it, I'm really looking forward to going to the store!

9. mattmommy

mattmommy Mouseketeer<br><font color=green>My DS loves rice.

The store site is quite small in comparison to the Fifth Avenue store so I'm not surprised there were so few tickets available and many were left out.

We were at the Fifth Avenue opening many moons ago. I'm thinking we had an invite because we were Magic King Club members or stockholders (there were soooo many of each back then).

I hope everybody who gets to go has a great time and lets us know what kind of merchandise they have.

I hope it's not "trot out the same cr*p" as every other Disney store, but possibly bring back the gallery and unique items.

10. omghidanielle

omghidanielle DIS Veteran

This + lunch with friends who just moved to NYC + Mary Poppins = an awesome birthday weekend :banana:

11. challer

challer Hey EPCOT! Fix the jumping fountains already!!!

Don't know about the other two, but you are going to love Mary Poppins. I need to see it again.

12. brookelizabeth

brookelizabeth <font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang<br><font colo

That sounds like a wonderful birthday weekend - have fun! Mary Poppins is incredible, I LOVED it! Enjoy!

13. starrock77

starrock77 Mouseketeer

Are employees of the new Disney store actual CM's? Do they have all the same rights and discounts that a CM in Florida does? I know at one time they were Children's place employees.

14. fenrir58

fenrir58 Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if the store is going to be open to the general public on the 7th? Or are they closing it off and just having the D23 event?

15. Mouse Skywalker

Everything I've heard is the store will be open to the public on Tuesday, Nov 9th. The D23 event is on Sunday, Nov 7th, and then they are having media tours on Monday, Nov 8th. I guess there's a chance there might be some sort of soft opening, but I wouldn't count on it.

16. fenrir58

fenrir58 Mouseketeer

I know the grand opening is on the 9th and I heard soft opening on the 4th. I decided not to try to get D23 tickets because I didn't think I would get off of work- so of course, I did end up not scheduled that day. I was going to try a fun day in NYC, but I'd rather be able to do it when I can check out the new Disney Store. Oh well, I'll work something out soon.

Thanks for the help!

17. HARASW

HARASW <font color=red>DisneyWorld Addict<br><font color=

Does anyone know what time the store will be opening tomorrow? I have tried to contact the store on facebook, twitter and by phone, but no luck.

18. Mouse Skywalker

President of the Disney Store confirmed the Times Square store will open Thursday 11/4 at 9:00am

19. HARASW

HARASW <font color=red>DisneyWorld Addict<br><font color=

Thank you!

20. Ivette1980

Ivette1980 Mouseketeer

Was there a "soft" opening today??? When is it actually opening? I've been reading different dates. Would there be anything fun for kids there? sorry for all the ??? just excited!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::banana::banana:

21. Marthasor

Marthasor DIS Veteran

Someone posted on the other NYC Disney Store thread that they were there today and they are going to post a report - hope it will be up soon. They said it's awesome! I'm heading in tomorrow afternoon!