NYC: New York Dreams (formerly DVC only) Meets Thread

I think Ellis Island is closed due to renovations still. I remembering hearing something about Lady Liberty being finished and they were opening her but that Ellis Island was going to still be closed for a while longer.

I do suspect that if they offer the NYC trip next year the show will be Aladdin. I know we are going to the prop room at the theatre Aladdin is using. (I am drawing a brain blank for the theatre name this morning.)

But R&H Cinderella is open now! It is wonderful!! Newsies is fantastic. (Except Jeremy Jordan was a better Jack Kelly ;-). ) Pippin is getting good reviews, too. And, ALADDIN is coming next Spring!!!!

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I had Newsies tickets..the reason I wanted to go to NY in the first place is being a huge Newsies fan..and sold them on Stub Hub..Kinda hate the R&H Cinderella but had a friend recently go who loved it..especially the effects. Hopefully I can make it when Aladdin and Newsies are playing! (PS..hate Jeremy Jordan's character on Newsies)
Eagerly awaiting the announcement of next year's itineraries.

I had Newsies tickets..the reason I wanted to go to NY in the first place is being a huge Newsies fan..and sold them on Stub Hub..Kinda hate the R&H Cinderella but had a friend recently go who loved it..especially the effects. Hopefully I can make it when Aladdin and Newsies are playing! (PS..hate Jeremy Jordan's character on Newsies)
Eagerly awaiting the announcement of next year's itineraries.

I hope you meant Jeremy's character on Smash, not Newsies!! ;-). He was a bum on Smash but a doll in Newsies. Lol we've been following his career for a few years now, just saw him Sunday night in a cabaret in NYC of Michael Mott's music. We had a great time catching up with him.

R&H Cinderella was fabulous. The book was revised and Laura Osnes was incredible, as usual. We've seen her in Anything Goes and Bonnie & Clyde. Tremendous talent and a sweetheart. She IS Cinderella!

We live 40 mins from NYC and go into the city often, but we would still be interested in an ABD to Manhattan. I would love to see what "perks" they include in the tour.

I hope you meant Jeremy's character on Smash, not Newsies!! ;-). He was a bum on Smash but a doll in Newsies. Lol we've been following his career for a few years now, just saw him Sunday night in a cabaret in NYC of Michael Mott's music. We had a great time catching up with him.

R&H Cinderella was fabulous. The book was revised and Laura Osnes was incredible, as usual. We've seen her in Anything Goes and Bonnie & Clyde. Tremendous talent and a sweetheart. She IS Cinderella!

We live 40 mins from NYC and go into the city often, but we would still be interested in an ABD to Manhattan. I would love to see what "perks" they include in the tour.

YES! I meant Smash..not Newsies..sheesh. Yes, my friend says Cinderella is much improved, but I can't get Lesley Ann Warren singing those songs out of my head, and frankly didn't like them much better with Julie Andrews in the TV special. Still..it I got to go to NY and had an extra night I'd think about it.

YES! I meant Smash..not Newsies..sheesh. Yes, my friend says Cinderella is much improved, but I can't get Lesley Ann Warren singing those songs out of my head, and frankly didn't like them much better with Julie Andrews in the TV special. Still..it I got to go to NY and had an extra night I'd think about it.

YouTube Laura Osnes as Cinderella. She is 1000% better than Lesley Ann Warren and a darling, to boot! We love her!

I just booked the October 16th trip that just opened up. It'll be my sixth AbD and my fourth time seeing Newsies (twice with Jeremy Jordon). I'm a little obsessed... kept traveling from Boston with new people who hadn't seen it. :)

A good friend of the family (lives two doors down and grew up with my boys) plays the new character, Jean-Michel in Cinderella. We went in during pre-production and he was so gracious, bringing us backstage for a tour after the show. He was in Peter and the Starcatcher as well - really fun!

Anyway... I'm crazy to book this one since my son's fiance's wedding shower (in L.A.) is early October, my middle son is dancing in a competition on 10/11, I head back to L.A. for the wedding the following week and then to Rome for a Regent cruise the week after. I just really wanted to bring my sister, who never caught the travel bug like I did and won't get on a plane. It's her one chance to see what AbD is really like!

For those coming in the night before, are you using points at the Manhattan Club? I'm going to attempt to get a travel agent discount somewhere, but I never seem to luck out with those in NYC. The first day starts with breakfast at 8am, and I'd rather not miss that!

Dotti

I just booked the October 16th trip that just opened up. It'll be my sixth AbD and my fourth time seeing Newsies (twice with Jeremy Jordon). I'm a little obsessed... kept traveling from Boston with new people who hadn't seen it. :)

A good friend of the family (lives two doors down and grew up with my boys) plays the new character, Jean-Michel in Cinderella. We went in during pre-production and he was so gracious, bringing us backstage for a tour after the show. He was in Peter and the Starcatcher as well - really fun!

Anyway... I'm crazy to book this one since my son's fiance's wedding shower (in L.A.) is early October, my middle son is dancing in a competition on 10/11, I head back to L.A. for the wedding the following week and then to Rome for a Regent cruise the week after. I just really wanted to bring my sister, who never caught the travel bug like I did and won't get on a plane. It's her one chance to see what AbD is really like!

For those coming in the night before, are you using points at the Manhattan Club? I'm going to attempt to get a travel agent discount somewhere, but I never seem to luck out with those in NYC. The first day starts with breakfast at 8am, and I'd rather not miss that!

Dotti

Hope you enjoy the trip! Wish we could go, but we aren't DVC members. We just saw Jeremy Jordan a few weeks ago in a concert of Michael Mott's original music. It was great to see him again in person and chat. We've seen Newsies six times, all with Jeremy! Kara Lindsay (Katherine) just got married yesterday. ;)

Will definitely look into this tour if it opens up to non-DVC members. For now, will have to be content with our upcoming Germany ABD!

Packed and ready to go got our box with the luggage tags etc and booked dinner at a great Brazilian steak house for our arrival. I can't wait. See you all soon

We are headed to Hoboken once we get there to go to Carlo's Bakery. It's a trip my son has been begging us to do since Cake Boss came on TV. I need to figure out dinner! :) We leave in two weeks and two days! Can't wait!

We are headed to Hoboken once we get there to go to Carlo's Bakery. It's a trip my son has been begging us to do since Cake Boss came on TV. I need to figure out dinner! :) We leave in two weeks and two days! Can't wait!

Carlos also has a bakery in NYC so your might get a chance to check them both out if you have time

Carlos also has a bakery in NYC so your might get a chance to check them both out if you have time

With my son, we will definitely go to both. We aren't flying out until 7:30p.m. on Saturday so we will do some running around that day too. Can't wait! Lobster Rolls are in my future in two weeks! Yum!!! :banana::banana:

Love it! Suitcases are out but nothing is in them. It's our last week of school this week and it's been more than a little crazy around here! Can't wait until next Tuesday!!!

FYI - been very hot here. Make sure you pack for warm weather, with a jacket/sweater/sweatshirt for evening and air conditioning. :-)

FYI - been very hot here. Make sure you pack for warm weather, with a jacket/sweater/sweatshirt for evening and air conditioning. :-)

I had planned to take shorts/polos for all of us for during the day and pants/short sleeve shirts for the guys for nights and skirts that I can wear with sandals for me. I am never cold.

I had planned to take shorts/polos for all of us for during the day and pants/short sleeve shirts for the guys for nights and skirts that I can wear with sandals for me. I am never cold.

Throw in a few sleeveless too! ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter