NYC CRUISES PLANNING/INFO ThREAD!

The Magic will only be sailing out of NY for the summer of 2012.

Aside from what was already mentioned, they also are doing a two-night Cruise to Nowhere - they are only doing 3 of them - one in June, one in July and one in August.

Kat

I was just at the port this morning picking up my parents and I brought my camera along....I took some shots of the outside of the terminal area and will post them later.

But, to answer the OP's question....next summer DCL is sailing out of NY, then in September they are headed to Galveston. The itineraries have been out for a few months already and there are many threads on here about the NY itineraries.

As mentioned you can find all the info at the DCL site. Here is a link...

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/magic/

MJ

I was just at the port this morning picking up my parents and I brought my camera along....I took some shots of the outside of the terminal area and will post them later.

But, to answer the OP's question....next summer DCL is sailing out of NY, then in September they are headed to Galveston. The itineraries have been out for a few months already and there are many threads on here about the NY itineraries.

MJ

Looking forward to seeing the pics. Thanks! :)

sounds awesome! Thanks guys. I will have to check out the website and those pics!
Leaving from NY just makes life so much easier for us since we are in New England and we don't fly. Been thinking about a cruise for a while but it always seemed like too much of a pain to get to. this is something to think about.,
When you say they are sailing out of NY the summer of 2012, does that mean they won't be leaving from there again for a while?....

sounds awesome! Thanks guys. I will have to check out the website and those pics!
Leaving from NY just makes life so much easier for us since we are in New England and we don't fly. Been thinking about a cruise for a while but it always seemed like too much of a pain to get to. this is something to think about.,
When you say they are sailing out of NY the summer of 2012, does that mean they won't be leaving from there again for a while?....

The 2013 schedules have not been released so nobody really knows yet where exactly all the ships will be in 2013.

MJ

looked briefly at the website. Okay $3200 for a 2 night stay for a family of five. That seems a little insane to me plus 2 nights isn't going to cut it-at least not for that price!

MJ

Here are the port pics (actually the first batch mentioned in the this post did not come at all (wrong setting!) but I had the opportunity to go pick up my son from his cruise this morning so I brought along my camera again.

THIS IS THE VIEW AS WE JUST GOT ON THE GEORGE WASHINGTON BRIDGE FROM THE PALISADES INTERSTATE PARKWAY. IT WOULD BE THE SAME COMING FROM ROUTE 80 OR 95 (FROM NEW JERSEY).

NEARING THE END OF THE BRIDGE YOU WILL SEE THIS SIGN AND YOU WOULD STAY TO THE RIGHT.

GET OFF EXIT 1 AND STAY TO THE RIGHT

NOW GET IN THE LEFT LANE AND FOLLOW SIGN FOR HENRY HUDSON PARKWAY DOWNTOWN (ALSO KNOWN AS THE WEST SIDE HIGHWAY) FOR ABOUT 5-7 MILES. YOU WILL BE RIDING ALONG THE HUDSON RIVER WHICH WILL BE ON YOUR RIGHT. NEW JERSEY IS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE RIVER.

BE PREPARED FOR TRAFFIC (HAPPENS QUITE OFTEN). THIS PARTICULAR DAY THEY WERE SETTING UP THE BARRICADES FOR THE 4TH OF JULY FIREWORKS DISPLAY WHICH HELD UP TRAFFIC.

MOVING AGAIN!

THE RIVER IS ON THE RIGHT...RAINING VERY HARD TODAY!!

GETTING CLOSER...

SHIP TERMINAL SIGN....YOU CAN JUST MAKE OUT THE BLUE TOP OF THE NCL SHIP IN THE DISTANCE. THAT IS APPROX. WHERE THE MAGIC WILL BE NEXT YEAR.

EXIT RIGHT....SEE THE OTHER SHIP IN PORT.

MJ

FOLLOW THE EXIT RAMP TO THE TRAFFIC LIGHT...YOU CAN GET IN THE LEFT LANE

GET IN LEFT LANE, NOT IN RIGHT WHERE WE ARE

THE SIGN SAYS TAXI AND PASSENGER CARS TO THE LEFT AND BUSES AND LIMOS TO THE RIGHT. IF YOU ARE ARRIVING BY PERSONAL CAR THEN STAY TO THE LEFT AND GO UP THE RAMP.

THE TERMINAL IS BASICALLY 3 LEVELS...GROUND LEVEL (LIMO'S & BUSES), MID LEVEL (CARS AND TAXIS) AND UPPER LEVEL WHICH IS WHERE YOU WOULD PARK IF LEAVING YOUR CAR AT THE PORT (ROOFTOP PARKING).

IF YOU ARE PICKING UP OR DROPPING OFF IN A PRIVATE CAR OR TAXI YOU STAY TO THE LEFT. YOU WILL BE ON THE MID-LEVEL.. IF YOU ARE PARKING YOUR CAR YOU MAKE A RIGHT HERE AND FOLLOW THE RAMP TO THE ROOFTOP (THERE WILL BE ELEVATORS TO TAKE YOU DOWN TO THE TERMINAL).

VIEW OF MID LEVEL AREA...STARTS WITH PIER 92, THEN 90, THEN 88 (NOT SURE WHICH PIER DCL WILL BE AT). THERE WILL BE PORT WORKERS AND NYPD DIRECTING YOU WHERE TO DROP OFF OR PICK UP DEPENDING ON WHICH SHIP YOU ARE GOING TO.

THE SHIPS ARE TO THE RIGHT, ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GLASS WINDOWS. THIS WAS THE NORWEGIAN GEM THAT JUST CAME FROM 7 DAY BERMUDA CRUISE.

VIEW BACK THE WAY WE ENTERED FROM

THERE WILL BE PORTERS WAITING TO TAKE YOUR BAGS....NONE IN THIS PIC BUT THEY ARE AROUND

LEAVING THE TERMINAL (OR, IF YOU MISSED THE ROOFTOP PARKING YOU CAN GET THERE IF YOU MAKE A RIGHT AT THIS END OF THE TERMINAL)

BACK ON THE WEST SIDE HIGHWAY NOW HEADING NORTH TO GO HOME. TERMINAL IS ON THE LEFT (CAN'T SEE THE SHIPS BUT THEY ARE BEHIND THE TERMINAL).

Thats it for now. I did not go in the terminal this trip but I doubt they would have let me take any pics as it is a secure area.

As mentioned...once you get out of your vehicle you can find a porter who will take your bags and then you proceed inside to check in.

MJ

Thanks for posting these photos, hopefully I'll remember to show these to hubby (since he'll be driving) for our cruise next June.

looked briefly at the website. Okay $3200 for a 2 night stay for a family of five. That seems a little insane to me plus 2 nights isn't going to cut it-at least not for that price!

I think that your family size is what makes this so expensive. I searched the five night (that's what we are doing) and for your family of five, you have to ahve the deluxe family size room (and only the verandah was available) and that was $5800 (but i just picked ages to get a price).

Hubby and I are doing the five night in an inside room for $1700 (it's now up over $2000 though).

Here are some pic I took this morning when I picked our son up from his cruise from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal.

THIS IS THE VIEW AS WE JUST GOT ON THE GEORGE WASHINGTON BRIDGE FROM THE PALISADES INTERSTATE PARKWAY. IT WOULD BE THE SAME COMING FROM ROUTE 80 OR 95 (FROM NEW JERSEY).

NEARING THE END OF THE BRIDGE YOU WILL SEE THIS SIGN AND YOU WOULD STAY TO THE RIGHT.

GET OFF EXIT 1 AND STAY TO THE RIGHT

NOW GET IN THE LEFT LANE AND FOLLOW SIGN FOR HENRY HUDSON PARKWAY DOWNTOWN (ALSO KNOWN AS THE WEST SIDE HIGHWAY) FOR ABOUT 5-7 MILES. YOU WILL BE RIDING ALONG THE HUDSON RIVER WHICH WILL BE ON YOUR RIGHT. NEW JERSEY IS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE RIVER.

BE PREPARED FOR TRAFFIC (HAPPENS QUITE OFTEN). THIS PARTICULAR DAY THEY WERE SETTING UP THE BARRICADES FOR THE 4TH OF JULY FIREWORKS DISPLAY WHICH HELD UP TRAFFIC.

MOVING AGAIN!

THE RIVER IS ON THE RIGHT...RAINING VERY HARD TODAY!!

GETTING CLOSER...

SHIP TERMINAL SIGN....YOU CAN JUST MAKE OUT THE BLUE TOP OF THE NCL SHIP IN THE DISTANCE. THAT IS APPROX. WHERE THE MAGIC WILL BE NEXT YEAR.

EXIT RIGHT....SEE THE OTHER SHIP IN PORT.

MJ

FOLLOW THE EXIT RAMP TO THE TRAFFIC LIGHT...YOU CAN GET IN THE LEFT LANE

GET IN LEFT LANE, NOT IN RIGHT WHERE WE ARE

THE SIGN SAYS TAXI AND PASSENGER CARS TO THE LEFT AND BUSES AND LIMOS TO THE RIGHT. IF YOU ARE ARRIVING BY PERSONAL CAR THEN STAY TO THE LEFT AND GO UP THE RAMP.

THE TERMINAL IS BASICALLY 3 LEVELS...GROUND LEVEL (LIMO'S & BUSES), MID LEVEL (CARS AND TAXIS) AND UPPER LEVEL WHICH IS WHERE YOU WOULD PARK IF LEAVING YOUR CAR AT THE PORT (ROOFTOP PARKING).

IF YOU ARE PICKING UP OR DROPPING OFF IN A PRIVATE CAR OR TAXI YOU STAY TO THE LEFT. YOU WILL BE ON THE MID-LEVEL.. IF YOU ARE PARKING YOUR CAR YOU MAKE A RIGHT HERE AND FOLLOW THE RAMP TO THE ROOFTOP (THERE WILL BE ELEVATORS TO TAKE YOU DOWN TO THE TERMINAL).

VIEW OF MID LEVEL AREA...STARTS WITH PIER 92, THEN 90, THEN 88 (NOT SURE WHICH PIER DCL WILL BE AT). THERE WILL BE PORT WORKERS AND NYPD DIRECTING YOU WHERE TO DROP OFF OR PICK UP DEPENDING ON WHICH SHIP YOU ARE GOING TO.

THE SHIPS ARE TO THE RIGHT, ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GLASS WINDOWS. THIS WAS THE NORWEGIAN GEM THAT JUST CAME FROM 7 DAY BERMUDA CRUISE.

VIEW BACK THE WAY WE ENTERED FROM

THERE WILL BE PORTERS WAITING TO TAKE YOUR BAGS....NONE IN THIS PIC BUT THEY ARE AROUND

LEAVING THE TERMINAL (OR, IF YOU MISSED THE ROOFTOP PARKING YOU CAN GET THERE IF YOU MAKE A RIGHT AT THIS END OF THE TERMINAL)

BACK ON THE WEST SIDE HIGHWAY NOW HEADING NORTH TO GO HOME. TERMINAL IS ON THE LEFT (CAN'T SEE THE SHIPS BUT THEY ARE BEHIND THE TERMINAL).

Thats it for now. I did not go in the terminal this trip but I doubt they would have let me take any pics as it is a secure area.

As mentioned...once you get out of your vehicle you can find a porter who will take your bags and then you proceed inside to check in.

MJ

Thank you so much for those informative photos and directions. I don't think I'll be so overwhelmed next summer.

WOW that is great. THANKS. Maybe you can add these to a sticky or something...... for future refence. :thumbsup2 THANKS!!!!

TY for the pictures! We just booked an NYC cruise today and we were wondering if the Magic would be docked a the Manhattan or Brooklyn Terminal.

At least when coming and going to the cruise if driving, you won't be with commuter traffic.

Excellent pictures and narrative, MJ!! Thanks so much for doing that!! I think we'll be taking AmTrak down, but if we do drive, I feel very confident now that all will go well. :thumbsup2

At least when coming and going to the cruise if driving, you won't be with commuter traffic.

Some of the NYC cruises depart on a Friday, some depart on a Saturday....so some of us may encounter commuter traffic. :drive:

This seems like a good option for us, eliminating the flight to FLorida. Are the cruise prices on par w/the FLA departures or more?

Would the 8 night NY cruise be too many days at sea? We've never cruised before....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter