NY to Castaway Cay May 25th Magic TR- updated June 9th!

Oh you started!! Fantastic report, loving all the pictures!! More, more please!

Great trip report so far ! Thank you a million times for the great pics, you are getting me very excited for our June 15th sailing... :cool1:

We had our character breakfast this morning at Parrot Cay.
cruise2012056.jpg
[/IMG]
I think something was going on with Minnie & DH. Not sure where that other hand of his is. And she blew him a few too many kisses....watch out, you rodent!

It was rushed but we had the opportunity to meet each of the characters, get their autograph, and get a picture.
cruise2012061.jpg
[/IMG]

And we got chapeau-ed with napkins. Made for a good laugh!
cruise2012062.jpg
[/IMG]
DS was Peter Pan. DH was Pluto.
cruise2012063.jpg
[/IMG]
DD was Jasmine and I was Pluto`s wife (?!). Apparently, no one knows what she looks like so this is it! lol
cruise2012066.jpg
[/IMG]
DS & DD at the helm of the Magic!
cruise2012070.jpg
[/IMG]
We spent most of the morning and afternoon by the pool. The kids were busy in the clubs :cheer2::cheer2: DD after the Ratatouille Cooking School. They made cookies!
cruise2012073.jpg
[/IMG]
DD & DS had a great time ordering room service. I really liked the chicken wings.
cruise2012071.jpg
[/IMG]
DD & I went to the Buena Vista Theater to see DisneyNature:Chimpanzee. It was a very good movie, excellent videography, editing, music, and voice-overs. Did you know Chimpanzees eat monkeys??!
Max Winfrey, the juggler performed again tonight. It was great!
cruise2012079.jpg
[/IMG]

The big show was Villians Tonight! Another amazing Disney performance! Hades was quite humorous!
We returned to Parrot Cay for dinner. It was fun to see our tablemates again & talk about our day. The french toast dessert was to die for!
The kids went to bed & watched a movie while DH & I went to a ventriloquist, Lynn Trefzger. She was amazing!! Wish we would've seen the family show the night before!
cruise2012080.jpg
[/IMG]

I cannot thank you enough for posting trip report and beautiful pictures thanks for sharing:banana::cheer2:

Keep it coming we sail July 28th cannot wait.

DD & I signed up for the dolphin swim at Blue Lagoon. We met at the Buena Vista Theater. There was a very long line outside the theater and then again waiting to disembark. We had to meet at 8:45 but actually did not leave the ship until after 10:30. It was painful to wait that long! We took a boat to the Lagoon. I must say that the Lagoon is very beautiful. We did the dolphin swim after the educational session. I didn't feel that there was much interaction time with the dolphins. I'm not sure if it was just the day or the trainers but they didn't seem too excited by the whole matter. My DD loved it so I guess that is all that matters. The dolphin gave her a present, a rock that he retrieved from the bottom. She was tickled.
043.jpg

We then went to the beach. It was very nice with inflatable play slides and toys but everything cost extra. I also thought that we received a meal (we did pay $400!) but that was my ignorance. I just didn't feel that the staff were friendly (but, of course, we did just get spoiled by Disney for 3 days). I was disappointed. The day ended with another long, hot wait in the sun for the boat to return us to Nassau.
Meanwhile, DH & DS explored the streets of Nassau and enjoyed the culture.
cruise2012082.jpg
[/IMG]
cruise2012084.jpg
[/IMG]
cruise2012101.jpg
[/IMG]
The world's biggest bumper sticker!

cruise2012095.jpg
[/IMG]

DD wanted her her hair braided so we did that. The ladies that braid hair are there all day, standing & braiding hair. I got them a drink and gave her a good tip. The braids are still holding up and it's been almost 2 weeks!
cruise2012097.jpg
[/IMG]
We then went to the Comedic show- Alfred & Seymour.
images4.jpg
[/IMG]
I cannot say enough about this show. We were all laughing so hard! TIP: Don't be late!!
Then it was time for pirates! Arrrrrrrrr! We dressed in our piratey outfits (I made the T-shirts!) and headed to Lumiere's for dinner.
cruise2012113.jpg
[/IMG]

cruise2012112.jpg
[/IMG]
We went to deck 10 and enjoyed the pirate dancing!
cruise2012116.jpg
[/IMG]
We were tuckered out but managed to stay awake for Mickey's rescue and the fireworks. We didn't make it to the buffet though and missed out on the turkey legs :mad:

I cannot thank you enough for posting trip report and beautiful pictures thanks for sharing:banana::cheer2:

Keep it coming we sail July 28th cannot wait.

You are very welcome! I was on the DIS boards every day so I know how fun it is to look at other's trip reports! Especially when it is a new sailing route!

Thank you for a great, fun, enthusiastic trip report! The photos and notes are a wonderful preview for our cruise on June 22. Can't wait to see how the rest of the cruise went...

Thanks for sharing some pixie dust with us!:dance3:

Ahhhhhhh! Castaway Cay! Everything and more! I had one MAJOR disappointment on this day:sad1::sad1: Jack Sparrow caught one look at me and wanted me to run away with him. We thought of hijacking the Magic :love: :love:I had given my dear, dear DS the camera to capture this magical moment on film (not wanting to upset my DH who I think was on the look out for that Minnie, lol). Anyway, my DS did not turn the camera on & I did not get the beloved pictures of my almost-island-tryst. Oh well, it will live long in my memories...
cruise2012125.jpg
[/IMG]
[/SIZE]
My braided beauty.
cruise2012126.jpg
[/IMG]
We took the tram to the far end of the family beach. There were lots of chairs and loungers for everyone. We met up with our table-mates and a great time snorkeling, swimming, playing in the sand, and relaxing. It truly is beautiful.
cruise2012128.jpg
[/IMG]
My son tried out the waterslides. His words: 10 min in line, 30 sec of sliding fun, 30 min trying to get salt water out of your nose and eyes. I didn't try it.
cruise2012139.jpg
[/IMG]
cruise2012140.jpg
[/IMG]
cruise2012141.jpg
[/IMG]
Shipwrecked?!
cruise2012148.jpg
[/IMG]
Photo-bombed!
DH and I enjoyed a couples massage in a cabana on Serenity beach. It was heavenly....a cool breeze from the ocean, waves lapping, drooling (teehee).
We stayed on the beach until the last possible moment. Another disney touch...they handed out cool face clothes as we reboarded. What a treat after a hot day!
cruise2012152.jpg
[/IMG]
We went to the new show Walt Disney: the dream goes on. It was snip-its of Walt's life, his movies, cartoons inter mixed with live casting. It was good, showed some clips of the Sunday night movies that I remember as a child.
Tonight we had our Palo reservation. I had contemplated on cancelling as it was the same night as the show at Animator's Palate. We decided to keep it and the kids were happy to go on their own. Our servers said they would look after them!
cruise2012153.jpg
[/IMG]
Palo was amazingly good. I had the Portobello mushroom polenta- melted in your mouth, delicious! I also had the lobster ravioli, it was rich & yummy. And of course, the piece de resistance....the chocolate souffle! :angel:
cruise2012154.jpg
[/IMG]

We went to AP after that. Our kids were well taken care of! And we got there in time for the show! Lucky!:wizard:

How did you make the t-shirts??? They are fantastic!!!

Thanks! I found the image on-line, printed it, and made a stencil with freezer paper. I then painted them with fabric paint. It was easy! We got lots of compliments from the crew...they had never seen that design before.

I saw the image of your son in the water and started laughing... she got photo-bombed.. then I saw your caption!!! Laughed harder. I hope it didn't ruin your pic too much, but I got a good laugh out of it this morning

I'm in!:thumbsup2 Great pics and TR so far; you have a beautiful family. I have 2 questions so far:

1) Is the hair braiding on the ship or in Nassau?

2) Was there enough parking at the port? Was there any problems?

Thanks!

I'm in!:thumbsup2 Great pics and TR so far; you have a beautiful family. I have 2 questions so far:

1) Is the hair braiding on the ship or in Nassau?

2) Was there enough parking at the port? Was there any problems?

Thanks!

!) My DD had her hair braided on the ship. It was pretty busy and you have to make an appt. They were braiding hair both at Nassau & Blue Lagoon but they didn't seem to look as nice. Also, there are more braiders at Castaway Cay and it didn't seem as busy there.

2) There seemed to be ample parking at the pier. It was $280 for the week. Give yourself lots of time to get through the traffic. Our GPS said 18 min, it took almost 2 hrs (but it was the Friday before a long weekend).

The anticipation for a trip is so exciting! I know you will have an awesome time. I rebooked on board so I have something to look forward to!

!) My DD had her hair braided on the ship. It was pretty busy and you have to make an appt. They were braiding hair both at Nassau & Blue Lagoon but they didn't seem to look as nice. Also, there are more braiders at Castaway Cay and it didn't seem as busy there.

2) There seemed to be ample parking at the pier. It was $280 for the week. Give yourself lots of time to get through the traffic. Our GPS said 18 min, it took almost 2 hrs (but it was the Friday before a long weekend).

The anticipation for a trip is so exciting! I know you will have an awesome time. I rebooked on board so I have something to look forward to!

I may have missed this, but where were you driving from and what route did you take? 18 mins = 2 hours is ridiculous even for NY traffic!

Thank you so much for your trip report! We are on this itinerary 8/25. Although this will be our 3rd disney cruise, it's so great to read about your experiences for your first cruise.

My kids are of similar age, DS 13, DD 10, but my DD is not so much a princess anymore. She is planning to "own" dodge ball, so I'm glad to see they still offer that activity.

Thank you for sharing your experience with Blue Lagoon. I have the encounter booked so I am not sure how I feel. I think I will wait until we are in Florida to do it. It seems Blue Lagoon is hit or miss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!