NWA one checked bag rule?

Blisskitty

Earning My Ears
So I have heard a rumor that NWA is changing from two checked bags to just one. I googled it and didn't come up with anything, so I though someone here might have heard something. Anyone know anything?

My family is using our frequent flyer miles to get to Disney on May 13, and if it's true, how irritating and nasty to it's customers- I'm not sure what they're trying to prove, and I'm fairly certain that this flight will be the last time we fly with NWA.

Thanks all!

You will find that other airlines are doing the same thing. United, US Airways, Delta have already changed their baggage policy to one per customer.

Consumers demaned low fares and the airlines are trying to make the money up somewhere.

Its called the recession, oil, shrinking dollar ...........
I was told just this morning by SW airlines CS that in the future $119 will be a cheap fair each way. I asked about dings and was told that they will still be offered to fill planes.

shrinking_dollar.gif

Just saw this about NWA on another thread. We are flying them for our Dec trip.
This doesn't change my attitude about NWA. They are just following the other big time carriers. I don't take it personally and will continue to fly with them.

In a few years, everyone will be used to only one checked bag with their flight.
Just as everyone got used to no longer being served meals and/or snacks on their trips.
Just as we are all now used to gas under $3 being a bargain!!
Just like a lot of changes in our economy..... it just sucks when it first happens, but then becomes our way of life I guess.

So I have heard a rumor that NWA is changing from two checked bags to just one. I googled it and didn't come up with anything, so I though someone here might have heard something. Anyone know anything?

My family is using our frequent flyer miles to get to Disney on May 13, and if it's true, how irritating and nasty to it's customers- I'm not sure what they're trying to prove, and I'm fairly certain that this flight will be the last time we fly with NWA.

Thanks all!

From the NWA.com website ...

Free Checked Luggage Allowance

Domestic Travel (within the U.S./Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean)

Coach Class for tickets issued prior to March 29, 2008 for travel any time:
Each ticketed passenger is allowed two (2) pieces of checked luggage.
Each piece: 50 pounds (23 kg) with linear dimensions not to exceed 62 inches (158 cm)

Coach Class for tickets issued on/after March 29, 2008 for travel on/after May 5, 2008:
Each ticketed passenger is allowed one (1) piece of checked luggage.
Each piece: 50 pounds (23 kg) with linear dimensions not to exceed 62 inches (158 cm).

Northwest Airlines' Silver, Gold and Platinum WorldPerks® Elite customers, SkyTeam Elite customers and passengers booked in full fare classes (Y or B) may still check two bags free of charge. Customers booked in First Class can continue to check up to three bags free of charge

First Class: Each ticketed passenger is allowed three (3) checked pieces.
First two (2) pieces: 70 pounds (32 kg) with linear dimensions not to exceed 62 inches (158 cm) per piece.

Third piece: 40 pounds (18 kg) with linear dimensions not to exceed 45 inches (115 cm).

Note: The same free checked luggage allowance applies to children and infants paying at least 50% of the adult fare. Infants traveling free of charge do not qualify for free checked luggage allowance but are permitted to carry on a diaper bag, free of charge.

From the NWA.com website ...

Free Checked Luggage Allowance

Infants traveling free of charge do not qualify for free checked luggage allowance but are permitted to carry on a diaper bag, free of charge.

Is it just me, or does this strike anyone else as funny?? :confused3
It's just the way the policy is worded and I get a mental picture of a baby having to carry on it's own diaper bag to qualify :rotfl2:

.... or maybe I am just warped :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter