Nursing moms? Question...

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by may_baby06, Apr 23, 2012.

1. may_baby06

may_baby06 Mouseketeer

We are leaving the kids home for this trip but I am still breastfeeding my youngest dd. I will have my pump while on the ship but my question is, can I get the pumped milk past customs to bring home or will I have to dump it all (what a waste! :( )

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. karaintn

karaintn Earning My Ears

I did the same thing on a Carnival cruise about three years ago and it was no problem at all. I think they see that kind of thing every day. I just made sure that I told them up front what I had in the cooler part of the bag. They didn't even take it out to look at it or anything. Same with airport security - never an issue at all.

4. tkmom

tkmom Earning My Ears

I don't think you'll have a problem but I did get pulled aside once by the TSA and they actually opened up the milk containers and did almost a litmus kind of test on the cover to make sure that there were no explosives in the milk. Just be prepared with extra time at the airport in case this happens but you should be able to bring it back home. (And for some reason- I don't believe this happened to me at the Orlando airport, it was some other airport that I can't remember on which trip, and it only happened once before a flight while traveling with the kids.)

5. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

How long is the cruise? How will you store the milk you pump? Even if you use the stateroom cooler to keep the milk, how will you freeze the ice packs in the pump bag the night before disembarking to get the milk home?

6. may_baby06

may_baby06 Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone!
    Its only a 3 day cruise. I read if you put a cup of ice in the coolers in the rooms they stay a little colder so i'm hoping that will be enough. When we leave i'm going to just get some ice and put it in 2 ziplock bags and then change it at the airport.

7. Zandy595

Zandy595 DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>The other day I f

If you're sailing on one of the classic ships and your room still has a cooling box, you're going to need more than a cup of ice.

ETA: Just realized, if it's a 3-night cruise it's probably the Dream, so nevermind. :upsidedow