Number of gift cards for tickets?

starshine514

DIS Veteran
How many gift cards can I use online to purchase tickets? I have gift cards to cover tickets for my DH and BIL for next month, but I'm starting to get nervous due to the random AP price increase and thinking about buying in advance.

Thanks!

I just did this a couple of days ago. Here's what I ran into. You can only use 1 gift card per transaction for your tickets on Disney.com. So, I went to Disneygiftcard.com and combined my cards. However, you can only combine up to $1000 on one card. My tickets were $1185. So I bought 2 tickets with my $1000 gift card and then combined the rest onto one card and purchased the other two tickets. Hope that makes sense!!

Silly question, are the gift cards you're talking about like the ones you can buy at Target (that you can get for 5% off with your red card)? I was thinking of buying them at Target to get the discount. If you can combine them, that would be perfect.

Yes, the ones sold at Target can be combined. I have gift cards bought at DLR/WDW, Target, and from DisneyGiftCard.com/DisneyStore.com and I've been able to combine all them using the new "Manage Cards" features on DisneyGiftCard.com.

I bought Disney gift cards through Target. Last night I combined a bunch via Disneygiftcard.com so I could buy our 5-day park hoppers. I didn't want to take a chance that ticket prices might go up any time now!

Thank you so much for the info about combining gift cards! I had bought a ton of gift cards through Target, but now that I can combine them - it just makes it so much better! Thank you Thank you!

Silly question, are the gift cards you're talking about like the ones you can buy at Target (that you can get for 5% off with your red card)? I was thinking of buying them at Target to get the discount. If you can combine them, that would be perfect.

Just FYI, you can only get the 5% discount if you buy the gift cards online at Target.com. The discount doesn't generally come off in store. Also, you can save a bit more by ordering gift cards from a reputable discount card site like Cardpool.com or Raise.com and then ordering the Disney Gift card online. Works great! Just give yourself enough time to get the Disney gift cards in the mail. Also, you can only buy 3 $100 gift cards online at a time.

Just FYI, you can only get the 5% discount if you buy the gift cards online at Target.com. The discount doesn't generally come off in store.

I guess that depends on the target store because I just bought 5 $100 GCs from my local target store and still got the 5% discount when I used my red card.

And yes, target online has a limit of 3 $100 GCs per order.

I think discounts on the Disney gift cards might be the best way to get good priced tickets. I know most of the membership discounts have been trimmed.

I also use a credit card that gives 6% cash back at grocery stores. Buy the giftcard at Safeway, 6% cashback and 4X the points for gas discounts. Always fun to see the look on the clerks face when they as for the amount you want on the card and you tell them $500 or $1,000 :)

I also use a credit card that gives 6% cash back at grocery stores. Buy the giftcard at Safeway, 6% cashback and 4X the points for gas discounts. Always fun to see the look on the clerks face when they as for the amount you want on the card and you tell them $500 or $1,000 :)

Haha! I've been doing the same thing with Kroger's fuel program. I've saved a fortune on fuel, and I love shocking the cashiers:love:! It's great that Disney finally gave us a way to combine gift card balances.

Great tip on the Disney gift cards and combining them. I had no idea. When we went this past summer I had about 8 gift cards to redeem for our tickets. Went to a ticket window the evening we arrived and redeemed them all for our tickets. It took about 30 minutes to do it as the CM first checked the balance on every card, added it all up, and then started the transaction running one card a time and printing a receipt after each card.

Just FYI, you can only get the 5% discount if you buy the gift cards online at Target.com.
I agree with jani3 that it must then vary by store (or perhaps region?). I'm able to get the 5% discount when I buy Disney Gift Cards at my local Target.

I also get 5% off at my Target when I use my Red Card. I'm in Nor Cal.

I thought about it again, and realized that my scenario involved not actually paying with a Red Card, but using the Target Gift Cards purchased online at a discount to buy a Disney gift card. If you do it that way, it has to be done online to save the extra 5%. Otherwise, if you are simply using your redcard to buy a Disney gift card instore, then yes, it will take off 5%.

Here's my example. Buy a $95 Target e-gift card for $88.83 from Cardpool (currently 6.5% off) Then go to Target.com and purchase a $100 discount using your $95 e-gift card. As long as you have already registered your Red Card on your account, it will take off the 5% at checkout even if you don't use it to pay. So, $88.83 for a $100 gift card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter