Number 9 is really FINE! Welcome to AKL LITE - the 'unofficial' FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Since the standard rooms are going for $400+ I'm thinking its out. We plan on kicking off 'the year of Disney bdays' in July at DLR so maybe the $ should go to that. Especially as my oldest DD has requested DL Paris for her bday. :eek: I think (hope) she is planning in getting adopted by millionaires prior to December.

Since the standard rooms are going for $400+ I'm thinking its out. We plan on kicking off 'the year of Disney bdays' in July at DLR so maybe the $ should go to that. Especially as my oldest DD has requested DL Paris for her bday. :eek: I think (hope) she is planning in getting adopted by millionaires prior to December.

DL paris would be fun! Maybe she can help us all get adopted by these millionaires...

DL paris would be fun! Maybe she can help us all get adopted by these millionaires...

This is the girl who in her first trip to wdw (age 4, 14 days at AKL, every possible character meal, etc) told people her favorite part was room service bringing her waffles 'in bed'. She wanted to know if we could get someone to do that at home!!!! I definitely think she was switched at birth. She also told a CM that the castle was hers and she was loaning it out

This is the girl who in her first trip to wdw (age 4, 14 days at AKL, every possible character meal, etc) told people her favorite part was room service bringing her waffles 'in bed'. She wanted to know if we could get someone to do that at home!!!! I definitely think she was switched at birth. She also told a CM that the castle was hers and she was loaning it out

Now I have never had room service at AKL but I am sure it was wonderful for her, and I see no problem having someone do that at home.

You tell me you would pass up on that...:rolleyes:

I get to check in online tomorrow!!!

so, I have a question! Do they have the door tags you can hang at night for breakfast in the morning? We like to have coffee delivered to the room in the morning, but I have never done this at Disney..do they offer this? like before you go to bed you hang the tag and whatever you order is delivered in the AM?

I get to check in online tomorrow!!!

so, I have a question! Do they have the door tags you can hang at night for breakfast in the morning? We like to have coffee delivered to the room in the morning, but I have never done this at Disney..do they offer this? like before you go to bed you hang the tag and whatever you order is delivered in the AM?

Sooooo exciting!!!
Yes they do have the door tags. And I recommend it for coffee as the in room coffee is nasty! I drink hospital industrial stuff daily and it tastes like Starbucks comparatively.

yeah..the room stuff is pretty bad. I like not having to stumble around either!

Thanks!!!!

yeah..the room stuff is pretty bad. I like not having to stumble around either!

Thanks!!!!

I paid my oldest dd to go up to the Kilimanjaro Club on more than one occasion to get me am coffee ;).

Well after Brandi's link re: the AK anniversary I spent (way to much) time trying to find a way to make it work. The best I could do was $189/ night at the dolphin (AKL was over $400!!) and flights were $360 per person. :( no extra trip for me. I decided to take that $ and put it into the Disney acct I have at ING. That will make a dent in the DL Paris trip my dd asked for.

Hello all:)

I've been following this thread for a while now, and really enjoy reading all the comments.
I think because they are always so positive, I am now doubting what I've booked for Oct with my family of 2 boys (4 and 6) and DH.
We are coming for 10 days, and I've booked 4 nights at AKL (Jambo) and 5 nights at the Poly.
Now, I'm wondering if I should have stuck with my original plan-10 days at AKL?
I decided on a split stay because I was thinking it would be nice to be away from everything, and then at the Poly we would be surrounded by it all (best of both worlds) but now I'm wondering if I should have stuck with AKL for the 10 days cause I'm worried that once we get there, we won't want to go only after 4 nights.
Also, the Poly is an extra $850, and wonder if its really worth the $$ when AKL seems so great!
I am hoping all you AKL experts can guide me in the right direction..I'm so torn!!!???
Thank-you :) :)

Welcome!!

I'm starting by admitting my prejudice. I only like split stays for 12 days or longer. I'm one of those 'place for everything, unpack completely when we get there' types.

Let me ask you a few questions. How many days of park tickets do you have? Will you have hoppers? Are you renting a car? Are all of your meal choices concentrated in one area? Is there a special 'extra' (safari, tour, etc) you could do with the $850? Will this be your only trip to the world? Or could you take that $850 and out it toward another trip?

I personally would use the $850 to rent a car, put the difference away for my next trip and spend the whole time at AkL. After 3 trips at AKL there are still tons of things we haven't done.

flinkerfrosch, I love your screen name!!! :goodvibes

As to your question: I guess with two smaller children you will be more likely to spend quite a bit of time at the MK and for that the Poly is very convenient. But then you are at WDW for 10 days, so you can do everything in a relaxed pace, so distances might not matter that much

I never did a split stay because I hate the idea of having to pack up and not really move to a new location, only to a hotel "down the road".

So for me it would be an easy decision to stay the whole trip at AKL. I have stayed at AKL and the Poly and loved them both and the only thing I consider to be more upscale at the Poly is the room size. In every other aspect, I consider AKL the better hotel. The Mara is the better counter service, the lobby is more impressive, the pool is bigger (but it does not have a view of the castle...), there are two hot tubs, AKL has a signature restaurant, the transportation is direct to every theme park and only has a brief stop at Kidani on the way back, while at the Poly the busses to AK and DHS are shared with the GF and sometimes the CR, and for the monorail to Epcot, if you don't want to walk you have to make a connection at the TTC. I have no interest in renting any boats, so the lack of the marina does not matter to me.

In the end, I do think it is a personal choice. Good luck in finding out where you want to stay!! :goodvibes

Welcome!!

I'm starting by admitting my prejudice. I only like split stays for 12 days or longer. I'm one of those 'place for everything, unpack completely when we get there' types.

Let me ask you a few questions. How many days of park tickets do you have? Will you have hoppers? Are you renting a car? Are all of your meal choices concentrated in one area? Is there a special 'extra' (safari, tour, etc) you could do with the $850? Will this be your only trip to the world? Or could you take that $850 and out it toward another trip?

I personally would use the $850 to rent a car, put the difference away for my next trip and spend the whole time at AkL. After 3 trips at AKL there are still tons of things we haven't done.

Thank-you for the kind "welcome" :)

To answer your questions..
*Park days, we have 5 (plan on doing MK twice, and then one evening for EMH, so really is 2.5 days) and then AK 1 day, DHS, 1 day.
*NO park hoppers, but getting the water park and more option
*We are not renting a car, but would consider it if we stayed the whole 10 days at AKL (do you think a rental is a must for 10 days?)
*We have many ADR's. Most are at the different parks, but we did plan on doing Ohana for breakfast and dinner, and of course Boma!
*We are doing the Pirates and Pals fireworks Cruise, but wasn't considering the Safari tour cause I didn't think my youngest could do it..
*This is my boys 1st trip to WDW and my DH. I haven't been since 2005. We do plan on going back, but wouldn't be for probably another 2-3 yrs (I think) It all depends how this trip goes as for when we would return. My DH likes to go to different places, and being from Canada, it is expensive to come to WDW on a regular basis.
*im not good at taking the extra "$850" and putting it towards another trip..lol..I work part-time, so if I didn't need to make the $850 I just wouldn't work those few shifts.

AKL does look amazing, but so does the Poly, and this is why I'm torn. We got a pool view room, but I'm also considering possibly upgrading to a Savanna View if I didn't do the Poly. Or, I would keep the pool view, and hope for some pixie dust for an upgrade to an animal view room (I know this doesn't always happen)

I hope I answered all your questions, and look forward to your response. :)

Thank-you for the kind "welcome" :)

To answer your questions..
*Park days, we have 5 (plan on doing MK twice, and then one evening for EMH, so really is 2.5 days) and then AK 1 day, DHS, 1 day.
*NO park hoppers, but getting the water park and more option
*We are not renting a car, but would consider it if we stayed the whole 10 days at AKL (do you think a rental is a must for 10 days?)
*We have many ADR's. Most are at the different parks, but we did plan on doing Ohana for breakfast and dinner, and of course Boma!
*We are doing the Pirates and Pals fireworks Cruise, but wasn't considering the Safari tour cause I didn't think my youngest could do it..
*This is my boys 1st trip to WDW and my DH. I haven't been since 2005. We do plan on going back, but wouldn't be for probably another 2-3 yrs (I think) It all depends how this trip goes as for when we would return. My DH likes to go to different places, and being from Canada, it is expensive to come to WDW on a regular basis.
*im not good at taking the extra "$850" and putting it towards another trip..lol..I work part-time, so if I didn't need to make the $850 I just wouldn't work those few shifts.

AKL does look amazing, but so does the Poly, and this is why I'm torn. We got a pool view room, but I'm also considering possibly upgrading to a Savanna View if I didn't do the Poly. Or, I would keep the pool view, and hope for some pixie dust for an upgrade to an animal view room (I know this doesn't always happen)

I hope I answered all your questions, and look forward to your response. :)

personally, I would keep the split stay, but we don't mind moving to another hotel (especially since they move your bags for you while you play!). I really want to try the Poly though, and stay on the monorail line! If the days you would be there are your MK days that would seal the deal for me personally, and I love the AKL! Best of both worlds! :goodvibes

flinkerfrosch, I love your screen name!!! :goodvibes

As to your question: I guess with two smaller children you will be more likely to spend quite a bit of time at the MK and for that the Poly is very convenient. But then you are at WDW for 10 days, so you can do everything in a relaxed pace, so distances might not matter that much

I never did a split stay because I hate the idea of having to pack up and not really move to a new location, only to a hotel "down the road".

So for me it would be an easy decision to stay the whole trip at AKL. I have stayed at AKL and the Poly and loved them both and the only thing I consider to be more upscale at the Poly is the room size. In every other aspect, I consider AKL the better hotel. The Mara is the better counter service, the lobby is more impressive, the pool is bigger (but it does not have a view of the castle...), there are two hot tubs, AKL has a signature restaurant, the transportation is direct to every theme park and only has a brief stop at Kidani on the way back, while at the Poly the busses to AK and DHS are shared with the GF and sometimes the CR, and for the monorail to Epcot, if you don't want to walk you have to make a connection at the TTC. I have no interest in renting any boats, so the lack of the marina does not matter to me.

In the end, I do think it is a personal choice. Good luck in finding out where you want to stay!! :goodvibes

Hahaha, thanks!!! :)

We do plan on spending 3 different days at MK. 1 of them was when we were at AKL, the other 2 while at the Poly.
One thing we did really want to do was rent a sea racer, but do you know if you have to be a guest at the hotel to be able to rent one?
We don't plan on doing Epcot this trip. It will be for the next trip in a few years.
Seeing the castle, being on the beach, watching the fireworks/water parade are all wonderful things to be able to do while at the Poly, and I'm just so torn whether going to the Poly to "visit" and see all these things would be good enough? MY DH says yes, its good enough. He thinks we should stay put at AKL, but I can never keep my head from wandering and wondering what it would be like to stay at 2 different resorts. They are both so different, and beautiful!!
Packing up doesn't really bother us. I never actually "unpack" cause I'm SO paranoid of the bed bug thing, I drive myself crazy!
Thank you so much for your input and advice. It really helps when I hear from people that have been to AKL or both and can give me reasons to stay or split stay that I haven't even thought of!
Cheers:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter