Number 9 is really FINE! Welcome to AKL LITE - the 'unofficial' FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah Kim..it is so good to see you still here..and I still smile at seeing Roy in your signature. I found some old pictures the other day from when I was at WL and looking for his get-well present.:sad1:

:hug:...I still think about him from time to time...

DisneyDmbNut said:
I briefly entertained the idea of staying Club Level for this trip..but just can't justify the $$$$$$. Not when I am never at the hotel for long. I would have to (gasp) stay in a value for a few nights to make up the difference and I would just rather have a week in one room at AKL then do that..

I still need pool view room suggestions!

....I don't remember our exact room number, but we were on the third floor in Giraffe Trail and it was a PERFECT location...

Please add me to the list :goodvibes:!!!

Just booked a quick quick weekend last night :surfweb:. I will be there April 5-8th staying at AKV.
I had 50 DVC points that expired end of May and decided it would be easier for me to go then to rent them ;)!! Hoping my savannah view waitlist will come through for the 1st night, but a tree view in FL in Disney is always better than a tree view in IL! No parks; just food, DTD, and hopefully some :sunny:

:cool1::banana::yay:

Congratulations and I have added you to the list...

:cool1:

Just booked December 1 - 6 for a 1 BR villa, Savannah view! My DD can't wait to see some "raffes" and "zeebahs." Never stayed on site before, I have a bad feeling this trip is going to spoil me forever!

Oh you are in for a treat, and yes you will be hooked...

I have added you to the list.

I recall reading a few posts where people received balloons (regular, helium, not the light-up) from check-in/guest services at the resorts, free of charge. Does this ever happen at AKL or are balloons avoided bc of the potential for them to "escape" out your balcony onto a savannah? I didn't want to inquire at the resort if it was a moot point.

Also, we're staying CL (standard room) on our May trip and I am seriously at a complete loss for what to request from the IPO. We have our ADRs set, and don't have any other recreation planned. When we stayed CL at WL in 2011, we were upgraded at check-in so didn't have the option of IPO. It bugs me a little to "waste" the resource, but I don't want to ask for petty things just to ask - I'm certain they're plenty busy without me! If anyone has stayed CL at AKL before and has any suggestions, I'm all ears. We've only stayed at AKL once (not CL) and didn't have tons of time to explore the resort, so I really would love any recommendations/tips. I am, of course, scouring this thread and the previous iterations as well!!

I think you are not allowed balloons at AKL..if you buy them in the park, they take them from you and store till you leave. I have heard not to buy them until you leave the resort

I recall reading a few posts where people received balloons (regular, helium, not the light-up) from check-in/guest services at the resorts, free of charge. Does this ever happen at AKL or are balloons avoided bc of the potential for them to "escape" out your balcony onto a savannah? I didn't want to inquire at the resort if it was a moot point.

Also, we're staying CL (standard room) on our May trip and I am seriously at a complete loss for what to request from the IPO. We have our ADRs set, and don't have any other recreation planned. When we stayed CL at WL in 2011, we were upgraded at check-in so didn't have the option of IPO. It bugs me a little to "waste" the resource, but I don't want to ask for petty things just to ask - I'm certain they're plenty busy without me! If anyone has stayed CL at AKL before and has any suggestions, I'm all ears. We've only stayed at AKL once (not CL) and didn't have tons of time to explore the resort, so I really would love any recommendations/tips. I am, of course, scouring this thread and the previous iterations as well!!

No balloons of any type. Also, you will find "paper" straws there - no plastic straws. The animals' safety and well-being is first and foremost! :thumbsup2

I remembered the paper straws from the park, but never got a lidded/straw drink at the resort so wasn't sure. Thanks for the reminder - I'll make sure to pack sippy-lid type cups for the kids so they're not asking for straws (those paper ones are sort of nasty after a bit). :)

Thanks for the info about the balloons, I had sort of figured that was the case and was surprised the IPO recommended going through the Disney Florist for a room decoration as most of those seemed to have balloons (and for THOSE prices I'd be pretty upset not to get the whole she-bang!).

The IPOs used to do shopping for guests and have the surprise waiting in the room. We did that for our DD a number of times. :goodvibes

I loved the fact that we could tell them a few of DD's favorite characters & a budget and they would work their magic! :thumbsup2

One by one, the resort IPOs discontinued that wonderful service and began referring guests to Disney Florist. :(

I forgot - I said I'd post some prices from the Zahanati Massage & Fitness Center when I got back!

Swedish Massage 50 min -$115, 80 min - $175
Manicure - $35
Pedicure - $70

They automatically add a 20% tip. DS15 had the 50 min one & said it was "good." DH had to stay in the room with him because he's under 18. Had I known that I probably wouldn't have booked it (or just booked it for myself!)

Anybody have an idea where we will be placed? I am guessing it will be toward the front parking lot. I think someone said Kadini has 4- 2 bdr that are dedicated but Jambo House is two connecting so it can be anywhere, is that correct?

:cool1:I am staying here for the first time next month. If I want to send a package ahead of my arrival do I send it to the address that is listed on the first page of this thread? What all do I need to put on the package so I get it when I arrive?
Thanks!
First time staying DVC and I am sending stuff down to store in our new owners locker :)

I forgot - I said I'd post some prices from the Zahanati Massage & Fitness Center when I got back!

Swedish Massage 50 min -$115, 80 min - $175

....DARN! :badpc: I'm Puerto Rican and German....I really COULD use a good massage too....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter