Number 9 is really FINE! Welcome to AKL LITE - the 'unofficial' FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The culinary tour of Boma and Jiko sounds like a fun activity could someone tell me more about how to sign up, the price ect.

Just got our confirmation for Jambo Savannah Studio for 1/19/14-1/24/14! We wanted club level but they were sold out before David's DVC could find an owner match for us.... they disappeared today just hours before they found one. :sad1:

I think we will try the buses this time too... we kept seeing the bus come for AKL as we were walking to the car which was hilarious as I wanted the car because I was worried they would be bad. :confused3

I have added you to the list. You are my first for 2014....::yes::

The culinary tour of Boma and Jiko sounds like a fun activity could someone tell me more about how to sign up, the price ect.

They're free! Look at the Activies Guide when you get there, it will tell you what time they are. You just show up about 10 min. before. I've done them both & was the only person on the tour - so I got all the samples!

I thought I had read they discontinued doing this tour, hopefully not!

My pedometer tells me I do anywhere from 22 - 24k steps a day at the parks -- now if I could just figure out how many miles that is! :rotfl2:

Average stride length: 2.2 feet for women and 2.5 feet for man or you can estimate stride length relative to your height (females: height x .413 equals your stride length; males: height x .415 equals your stride length).

So 9.2 to 10 miles....

As you all know, or maybe not, but I am going on vacation, so the list will be handed over to Laura to maintain while I am away, Remember if you have any changes please let Laura know (RachelTori).

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2013

If you have any updates please let me know...

February
Nemo7673, 23rd  25th, AKL
Athenna, 23rd - Mar 1st, AKV CL
BiancaBernard&Penny, 23rd - Mar 1st, AK Jambo House
Debrn, 25th  29th, AKL Kidani
Yarna, 28th  Mar 8th, AKL

March
BCV23, 5nights, AKV CL
Yarna, Feb 28th  8th, AKL
Tink_Or_Belle, 1st  4th, AKL
Goofy_Girl, 1st - 6th, AKL
Dato63, 6th  16th, AKL CL
Golden Amik, 9th  16th, AKL
Mom2_3girls, 11th -14th, BCV and AKV Kidani
Brucerob62, 12th  16th, Jambo House
TaraPA, 13th  19th, WL CL/AKV 1BR split
Pinkocto, 16th - 19th, Jambo House CL
Monorail Bobs dd, 18th  22nd, AKL
Tricias mom, 23rd  31st, AKL

April
DizDaD7, 5th  13th, AKL Jambo House
MickQuinn, 11th  18th, AKV Jambo House
miprender, 13th - 20th, OKW/VWL
karmacats, 14th  21st, AKL Jambo CL
My Sisters princess, 16th  24th, AKL
franandaj, 20th  26th, DCL
Lemonademouth, 20th  27th, AKL
Mickey_for_President, 21st  27th, AKL
Cinderella1122, 25th - 30th, Jambo
missy120, 26th - May 4th, Kidani Village Savannah view

May
missy120, April 26th - 4th, Kidani Village Savannah view
cheshirecatattack, 1st  7th, Jambo House
Paula Sedley-Burke, 5th  15th, Kidani
t_daniels, 7th - 13th, AKL
archdandy, 7th  14th, AKL Kidani
shoppgirl, 17th  19th, AKL
Wendypooh, 18th -June 4th, Aulani
dolphingirl47, 20th - 27th, Disney Wonder West Coast Repositioning
chocovrdmicears, 22nd  30th, Jambo House
suemom2kay, 24th  26th, AKL
taymorel, 25th  30th, AKL
dolphingirl47, 27th - June 2nd, Disney Wonder Alaska
NickP33, 27th - June 2nd, AKL
Pinkocto, 31st  June 3rd, AKV
Brave teacher, 31st  June 7th, Jambo House

June
wendypooh, May 18th - 4th, Aulani
Pinkocto, May 31st  3rd, AKV
Brave teacher, May 31st  7th, Jambo House
Denamac, 1st  9th, AKV Jambo House
FoursCompany, 1st  9th , AKL
Nutty4Disney, 2nd - 8th, AKV Kidani Village
goofyredraider, 10th -16th, BC
livibug, 13th  21st, AKV Jambo House
DevonsDisneyMom, 14th  21st, AKV
goofyredraider, 16th -24th, AKL CL

July
Marinolichfamily, 5th  13th, AKV
sharon78, 8th-18th, AKL
Z28KatCar, 18th - Aug1st, AKL CL
tinkermama117, 21st  26th, Jambo House
Anjalee6, 29th  Aug 3rd, AKL
The Marsons, 31st  Aug 4th, AKL Jambo

August
Z28KatCar, July 18th - 1st, AKL CL
Anjalee6, July 29th  3rd, AKL
The Marsons, July 31st  4th, AKL Jambo
333disneymom, 7th-12th, AKV
MICKEY'S DREAMERS, 10th - 22nd, AKL
333disneymom, 12th  17th, BCV
Disneyfool_1202, 21st, Kidani
Gillenkl, 21st  24th, AKL

September
country-mom-of-4, 21st  28th, Kidani
franandaj, 29th - Oct 2nd, VWL

October
franandaj, 2nd - 7th, BCV
disneynanacat, 11th -12th, Kidani
MomofDisneyLoversx3, 24th  28th, AKL
Cinderella1122, 31st - Nov 5th, Jambo

November
Cinderella1122, Oct 31st - 5th, Jambo
PNO4TE, 2nd  9th, BC

December
Pinkocto, 6th  10th, AKV CL
thornton0511, 6th -14th, AKL
Pghsteelerfan, 7th -14th, AKV Jambo
Heidijanesmith, 16th  23rd, AKL CL
Bluesky1997, 26th  29th, AKL CL

January
AquaDame, 19th -24th, Jambo House

:wave2: I lurk on this thread all the time but haven't posted in many many moons. My DD and I are planning our next WDW visit and would again like to stay at AKV in Oct/Nov .... now I'm just sitting here waiting for the 7 month window to open up!!! :surfweb:

Can you please add us to the list? We will be staying at AKL in a pool view room (hoping to be close to the pool and Mara), 8/22-8/30. This will be our first stay at AKL, we have eaten at Boma many times and we have always wanted to try AKL, so glad we will get the chance this year!

WeCantWait said:
Can you please add us to the list? We will be staying at AKL in a pool view room (hoping to be close to the pool and Mara), 8/22-8/30. This will be our first stay at AKL, we have eaten at Boma many times and we have always wanted to try AKL, so glad we will get the chance this year!

Once you Jambo, you never go back!

You're going to LOVE it! :cloud9:

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

They're free! Look at the Activies Guide when you get there, it will tell you what time they are. You just show up about 10 min. before. I've done them both & was the only person on the tour - so I got all the samples!

When we were at the AKL the beginning of December, the tour was suspended until after the holidays.

When we were at the AKL the beginning of December, the tour was suspended until after the holidays.

It was back on again during my trip earlier this month BUT it wasn't on the schedule or posted on the Activities Board! :eek:

So if you don't see it listed, check at the Boma podium. It's normally 4:00pm daily. :goodvibes

Finally did it and booked a savanna studio at Jambo for 9/14. Can you add me to the list? So excited! Now off to see about room requests and activities for the kiddos!

It was back on again during my trip earlier this month BUT it wasn't on the schedule or posted on the Activities Board! :eek:

So if you don't see it listed, check at the Boma podium. It's normally 4:00pm daily. :goodvibes

I did it in the last week of January, or maybe it was February 1st.

We'll be in AKL June 3-7. First time at AKL for DH and I (first time at Disney for my 2 boys!) I had no idea about all the activities at AKL! Looking at the schedule for February and getting excited for our stay :yay:

Its so easy to plan a vacation somewhere warmer when its winter time where I am... even being able to go around in jeans and a sweatshirt would make it feel like :beach:

:wave2: I lurk on this thread all the time but haven't posted in many many moons. My DD and I are planning our next WDW visit and would again like to stay at AKV in Oct/Nov .... now I'm just sitting here waiting for the 7 month window to open up!!! :surfweb:

Does there tend to be many options for you at 7 months? My husband wants to buy in at Aulani which I am fine with, but I do wonder if we will be able to stay at AKL when we head that way instead...

Its true... my husband wouldn't even talk about other resorts this trip and we have only been once! I should have seen the others first, now I may never get to! :lmao:

dgbg100106 said:

I'm scheming to find a way in 2014. Ours will be April if I can work it.

Add me to the list & delete me if plans change? :flower3:

3/29 - 4/6/2014 AKL, Jambo House. :)
:flower:

Its so easy to plan a vacation somewhere warmer when its winter time where I am... even being able to go around in jeans and a sweatshirt would make it feel like :beach:

Does there tend to be many options for you at 7 months? My husband wants to buy in at Aulani which I am fine with, but I do wonder if we will be able to stay at AKL when we head that way instead...

Its true... my husband wouldn't even talk about other resorts this trip and we have only been once! I should have seen the others first, now I may never get to! :lmao:

I usually travel at slower times of the year so I haven't had much trouble at the 7 month window. My last DVC trip was my crazy trip of splits stays in October for F&W. I did BWV 4 nights, AKV 2 nights, VWL 2 nights and OKW 4 nights .... all studios and all at the 7 month window. I feel I was really lucky to get BWV at that time of the year but I figure I could have gotten more nights at the other resorts if I'd wanted to.

I'm planning my next trip for Oct/Nov for 10 to 12 nights but think I'll only do a 2 resort split ... maybe a lodge split if I can manage it. :thumbsup2

Yes, I do think we will love it. We have stayed at Poly, BC and WL, so far WL has been our favorite. I have a feeling we may have a new favorite after this trip!

spicycrab said:
We had initially reserved an Arusha view but then changed to a pool view because i just didn't feel i would spend much time in the room. I was reading the first page of this thread and noticed a few differences in the descriptions between the pool view and Arusha. Could someone verify that these are NOT included in the pool view?

"Microwave. Private bathroom. Hair dryer. Complimentary toiletries. Blackout drapes/curtains. Ceiling fan. Climate control."

Thanks!

Th

Our first night here and loving it! We had no dinner plans and managed to get a Boma res using the MDE app.

Our room is standard savanna (uzima). We have all that except microwave. I was surprised to see a pack n play right in the closet. I thought that was a request item. If the 6 year old kicks the 12 year old in her sleep, I can throw her in it, lol. I certainly hope private bathrooms are included in each room! It's been many years since I've shared a hotel bath! Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts