Number 9 is really FINE! Welcome to AKL LITE - the 'unofficial' FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
....the club level studios are all on the 6th floor of Jambo House. I think 3 are savanna view and 2 are pool view....

....the club level studios are all on the 6th floor of Jambo House. I think 3 are savanna view and 2 are pool view....

And the DVC ones are apparently already sold out on 1/19 :sad1: I am waiting on them letting me know if I can do a studio that night and CL the rest but am on pins and needles that it will sell out the rest of our dates before they get back to me! Helloooooo stress! :lmao:

Someone was looking for views from a club level room on the Arusha Savannah.These were taken from 4521 (bunk bed room) on the zebra trail, Arusha savannah.....we saw animals from our patio early every single morning!

image-4.jpg

Beautiful pics! My one night at a cheap hotel before our stay has now turned into an addiction to do two full resort days at AKL and wanting a CL Studio or a 1Br....so much for cheap. Oh well, now I've gotta find someone to rent me the points for one night .... and have the AKL have one available..... all unlikely. But a girl can dream!! Not going until September so who knows!!

Hey I think I know the answer to this but wanted to ask just in case. We were at POR a couple of years ago and are staying at AKL in October. I know the distance is greater from AKL to most parks/locations but am I right in thinking that since the transportation is dedicated it may actually be a wash overall in terms of total transit time? Seems like it would be pretty close, maybe within 5 minutes or so at worst. Of course I'm factoring in extra time I remember sitting around waiting for a pick up. Both at the resort and especially at the parks. Sometimes it felt like we waited on a POR bus for 30-60 minutes at the park.

Also, how is DTD only 2.2 miles from AKL? ;)

glamdring269 said:
Hey I think I know the answer to this but wanted to ask just in case. We were at POR a couple of years ago and are staying at AKL in October. I know the distance is greater from AKL to most parks/locations but am I right in thinking that since the transportation is dedicated it may actually be a wash overall in terms of total transit time? Seems like it would be pretty close, maybe within 5 minutes or so at worst. Of course I'm factoring in extra time I remember sitting around waiting for a pick up. Both at the resort and especially at the parks. Sometimes it felt like we waited on a POR bus for 30-60 minutes at the park.

Also, how is DTD only 2.2 miles from AKL? ;)

We've spent 18 days total at Jambo House and have never had good luck with the busses. BUT others have! :)
I hate to be negative about it, but our bus waits just weren't good - almost always 15-30 minutes waiting to board busses that were already half full from Kidani. It wouldn't stop me from going again & using the busses again, I just have expectations to wait and plan for it. If we get lucky and a bus comes quickly then we are happy. If we wait 20 minutes, we expected that... If we wait an hour!!!! I'm complaining... but that only happened once.

After I get on the bus I'm happy, so I have no clue how long the actual drive time takes. Sorry. :flower3:

EDIT to add : We've stayed at POFQ twice, and the busses were better there, for us anyway.

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

Why not spend that 20 minutes walking to kinda I to catch the bus from there?

We're early risers and always do EMH so if we find the bus to be full the first day or two when we're at Jambo we'll definitely make the walk to the other end and grab the one down there. A run or walk in the morning is good for waking. :)[B

glamdring269 said:
We're early risers and always do EMH so if we find the bus to be full the first day or two when we're at Jambo we'll definitely make the walk to the other end and grab the one down there. A run or walk in the morning is good for waking. :)[B

Agree... Now saying this we have only had a bus problem once...

So we don't make the walk very often but have one just to try it.

dgbg100106 said:
Why not spend that 20 minutes walking to kinda I to catch the bus from there?

Hello???? Lazy person here! :lmao:
I spend that 20 minutes DISing!!!! ::yes::

You are so bad.... Walk it, over the ay it is going to add how much to your step count? I am sure we all walk miles and miles while in the parks.

dgbg100106 said:
I am sure we all walk miles and miles while in the parks.

I wish I had measured! We even made one mad dash from Cape May to DHS for TSM at park close in 15 minutes! :eek: I thought I was going to die out by the river... :lmao:

TruBlu said:
I wish I had measured! We even made one mad dash from Cape May to DHS for TSM at park close in 15 minutes! :eek: I thought I was going to die out by the river... :lmao:

I wear a pedometer everyday, on a typical work day I get over 10k steps, but in the park, I almost double that.

We've never been when it's crowded. The longest line I've ever stood in to pay was 3 people long. There is plenty of seating & they are very efficient taking orders. They give you a buzzer to pick your food up when it's ready, so you've already paid & found a seat and get to eat you food hot and fresh!!! :)

Thanks for your response. I wasn't aware that Mara used a buzzer system. One of my pet peeves is getting your breakfast only to have no where to eat it!

Yarna said:
Thanks for your response. I wasn't aware that Mara used a buzzer system. One of my pet peeves is getting your breakfast only to have no where to eat it!

Their system is pretty perfect! Enjoy! :flower3:

We're in Kindani savannah view studio a couple night in October. I've stayed at Jambo house savannah view several times and always get the savannah with no zebra. I'd love some zebra this time. haha What should I be requesting? A trail or particular savannah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!