Number 9 is really FINE! Welcome to AKL LITE - the 'unofficial' FAQ Thread

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by kimmar067, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disneynanacat

disneynanacat Lovin' Disney Too!

Thanks, I now know Kadani has their own check-in desk. Can I also store my luggage before heading to the park? There was a comment on Deb's site that got me concerned....

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. dgbg100106

dgbg100106 Missing the Tag Fiary

Very cool!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

4. dgbg100106

Yes you can, they will hold until you call them and ask them to bring it up, or you can stop by on your way in and ask them for your luggage.

5. kimmar067

kimmar067 TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!

...today my DH asked my youngest DS if he wanted to go to WDW in April, but he didn't really respond....well, of course I pointed out that his college spring break is the last wk of March....not sure where that leaves me....

6. TruBlu

TruBlu <font color=green>I was very excited to see how yu

Girl, that man is begging for a divorce! :lmao:

:hug: You guys will get it figured out & it will be magical!!! :hug:

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

7. AquaDame

AquaDame Are we there yet?

Sounds like the youngest needs to be bribed into a more enthusiastic response...! Can you answer for him? You *are* his mother after all and Moms know best! :lmao:

8. ddixon1

ddixon1 Mouseketeer

I read on the DVC board that many folks have availed themselves to the BB offers, so it does not seem that rented/owned DVC points excluded anyone from BB offers. I doubt that Disney would reject $$$$! ;)

9. WDWaddictt

WDWaddictt DIS Veteran

I just got back today from my stay at AKL with rented DVC Points and I was given a BB offer as well. 35% off certain dates on room only. I didn't use it but if they are handing them out I would assume you could use them.

10. AquaDame

AquaDame Are we there yet?

Same here when we stayed in November - it was in the room but the dates were summer - Aug and we don't tend to go then so I didn't try. Now I wish I would have just so I can say what would happen! :goodvibes

11. jillmc40

jillmc40 DIS Veteran

Ok, if I need to book a bounce back for the good of the board I will...I am renting points as well.

We leave on Friday and I am so unprepared because of this darn weather. Blizzard here, nice there, then one day a high of 58??? C'mon , I need warmer weather than that!! I agree with whoever said they can't trust northeasterns about swimming. Cape cod is never warm enough water to swim!! I'll be the one doing laps in the hot tub feb 22-24 :)

12. tarak

tarak DIS Veteran

LOL. I know what you mean about the weather. The day we left Pennsylvania it was 20 degrees here. 75 or so in Orlando. It got up into the mid-80s while we were there, but got down to 65 the last full day. It felt cold to us. 'Course then we came home and wished it was that warm.

13. dgbg100106

If you all want to do BB, just to prove me wrong, go for it....

14. kimmar067

kimmar067 TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!

...it'll only be more 'magical' if I go WITHOUT him!

15. TruBlu

And with ME!!!! :flower3:
    ::yes::

Since my DH thinks we've been enough. How is that even possible?!?!? :scared:

16. Trip2Disney

Trip2Disney Mouseketeer

Sorry -- posted a separate thread about this, then realized I should have asked the AKL experts here. :thumbsup2

Does anyone know if the Zebra Trail rooms that "stick out" from the trail (near Simba’s Clubhouse and the wading pool) are standard view or pool view rooms?

When we stayed at AKL a couple of years ago, we reserved a standard view room and were assigned room 1484. From our 1st floor “patio”, we could see the hot tub straight in front of us. Although not visible, the pool was to the right and we could see the Uzima viewing area to the left. We LOVED this location! It was very quiet and yet very close to the pool and Mara via a little-used door at the end of our short hallway. We are considering another stay at AKL and we would love to be in this area again, but I’m not sure what room category to book to even have a chance at it. Did we luck out and get a great standard room location or were we sort of upgraded to a really obstructed pool view?

Thanks!

17. TruBlu

Wow! That sounds like a perfect spot!!!!
    I think I'd try requesting that room number, or at least a room in that general area. It may work!
    Sorry, can't help with the room category.

18. dgbg100106

I can't help with the room cat either, but I would request that room number again.

19. ClareH37

ClareH37 DIS Veteran

Starting to think about a May trip, I've always loved the look of AKL, even booking but changing my mind :rolleyes1 however after finally making it to Jiko last year I was wowed by the stunning lobby and have made my mind up that I will stay here :cool1:

One thing bothers me though, I am petrified when it comes to bugs and things like snakes :scared1: What are people's experiences with anything like that t AKL compared to the other resorts?

Thanks

20. t_daniels

t_daniels <font color=deeppink>They'll NEVER be replaced<br>

I've only encountered a wasp on our balcony.

21. dgbg100106

In may you have "love" bugs, but I have never had any in my stays there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.