Number 9 is really FINE! Welcome to AKL LITE - the 'unofficial' FAQ Thread

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by kimmar067, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TruBlu

TruBlu <font color=green>I was very excited to see how yu

Cracked :lmao:

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. TruBlu

You could sneak in a quick nap after the safari. :)

4. TruBlu

There is a great map on www.allears.net
    If you get bottom floor you'll have an easier walk to the Mara but not a great pool view. We always try to get higher floors for a better view/ less pool noise.

5. John's Mom

John's Mom Jambo Wildbunch Gang

What's so funny about TP? :rolleyes1

6. karmacats

karmacats Mouseketeer

7. franandaj

franandaj I'm so happy, I could BOUNCE!

I'm a soft TP snob....Cottonelle is my fav and I find all Disney TP OK, but not soft. Last time we bought some at the grocery store and I had some left in my OL, but now that it's gone I miss it. Those of you who don't know the diff, you are LUCKY! :rotfl2: :lmao:

Well from a So Cal person (migrating from Nor Cal three decades ago) it is NOT warm enough for the pool, hot tub maybe, but when you have a jacuzzi in your room, why bother? :confused3

8. blackacex2

blackacex2 Mouseketeer

Why is this thread described as " LITE " ?? It has been driving me crazy for years every time the thread comes up!

9. TruBlu

I think it was not supposed to be the *official* thread, but it keeps becoming that anyway. :)

10. t_daniels

t_daniels <font color=deeppink>They'll NEVER be replaced<br>

We always do Mara our last day, too!

11. ddixon1

ddixon1 Mouseketeer

12. zima-cheryl

zima-cheryl DIS Veteran

13. dgbg100106

dgbg100106 Missing the Tag Fiary

Well in the beginning, lite meant we talked about everything, not just AKL.

But people complained that we were not keeping on topic, so now it is an official thread on the resort boards.

We did not start out on the retort thread we were moved here from the community thread.

14. bakie21

bakie21 Go Phins

Staying here at the end of May. We always liked to visit on previous trips and eat at Boma. Cant wait to actually hang out and watch animals from the balcony and make my way to the lobby one night to take in the beauty of the lobby.

15. dgbg100106

You will have a wonderful time. Congratulations.

16. MomofDisneyLoversx3

MomofDisneyLoversx3 DIS Veteran

We have decided (after checking flight) to stay at the Mco Hyatt on oct 24 as our flight will get in at midnight. We have already told my DDs we will only do 2 days at the parks (since I was unable to upgrade to APs). Any advice for what day is better to go to the parks vs stay at resort? Does the resort have more activities on weekends? We will check in 10/25 (Friday) hopefully early and check out 10/28 (Monday) with a flight leaving 630 pm. Any advice would be great. Other than a quick dip in the pool or snacks in the 'living room' (DS 2 calls the CL lounge that :) ) we don't hang at resort often.

17. blackacex2

blackacex2 Mouseketeer

The term "lite" still really makes no sense even that context... but I kinda get it I suppose.

18. dgbg100106

I guess it really does not matter, we are here, we answer questions for people, what more is needed? This is not a community thread but. Resort thread.

19. TruBlu

Not just any old resort thread... The BEST resort thread. We rock! :woohoo:

20. blackacex2

blackacex2 Mouseketeer

Ok then here is my question. Do you find the surrounding areas of animal kingdom to be unattractive? I've been to the resort and was very underwhelmed with the grounds. The lobby was nice, and seeing some animals was cool, but it felt I don't know, not very beautiful. I think having so many restaurants etc. helps, but to each his own when it comes to theme.

This

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

vs

This

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. bluesky1997

bluesky1997 Mouseketeer

Hi all!

I hope this is the right place for my questions so please let me know if I should post this on the general thread if its not the right place!

We (me, dh, dd (will be 9) & ds (will be 11)) are going on our first Disney cruise for Christmas this year and have decided to extend our stay after for WDW. We've only been to WDW once, in 2010, and we camped at FW so I have no knowledge whatsoever of the resorts. After doing an exhausting online search, I have fallen in love with AKL (which I'm assuming is the correct abbreviation for Animal Kingdom Lodge, which is different than the Animal Kingdom Villa right?) It's a bit more than I wanted to pay but welcome to WDW! Any way, I would love a Savannah view with the bunk beds (which I think is way cool that they have this option!), is it worth the extra money to, pay for this resort and the upgraded view when we are only going to be here for 3 nights? What is the safari like, is it a must do? I was thinking we could do this on arrival day since we will be coming straight from the ship. (Not sure we'd be up for the parks our first day off the ship so I'm hoping for a relaxing day at the resort.) Is it hard to get reservations for the safari?

Do I book directly on the disney site or through a travel agent? Do they offer discounts or am I too late for that (end of Dec. 2013).

Sorry for the novel! I'm a bit overwhelmed if you hadn't noticed already, lol! Thanks so much in advance for any help!! I really appreciate it! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.