Number 9 is really FINE! Welcome to AKL LITE - the 'unofficial' FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi There! We stayed Jambo Studio this past February and you all were so helpful! I am thinking about doing AKV again for the end of Easter week in 2016 (I know, crazy far away). I was thinking about going for a 1 bedroom Savannah view. How hard are those to get at 7 months out? I am planning 3 trips in the year and want to know if I could allocate those points out and then know how many points I have to work with for the 2 trips before hand. Does that make sense? I am new to this DVC thing so I am trying to figure out how to juggle the points and spread them over trips.

I know the points could change a bit but I am just going on what they are now. When the new point charts come out I will adjust all 3 trips accordingly based on what I think I can get. I am going to drive myself nuts, aren't I? :rotfl2:

We go to WDW a lot but we've never stayed at AKL. As a matter of fact we had never even entered the AKL for a meal or a visit until about 2 trips ago. Should have known we were getting "the bug" after the first visit when we booked dining at the lodge for both trips after that and snuck over just for The Mara on two occasions.

We are booked for September, but currently we have a spit stay. Starting the trip at CSR and ending up at AKL. I think the more we all toss this around we are leaning toward an AKL only stay. For you AKL veterans...If we are so enthralled with the lodge we need to just book the entire week there right??? I keep asking myself what does CSR have to offer that AKL doesn't and I can't come up with anything... :laughing: Will I regret spending a couple hundred dollars more? I'm thinking not... :confused3

I'm certainly not an expert but I will tell you that we stayed at AKV last September for the first time and loved it. It was such a great resort we wished we had a few extra days to just hang out instead of doing the parks, especially since our kids were having so much fun there. That being said we are heading back this November and were set to stay at BLT for the week (our first time staying there) BUT we loved AKV so much that we decided on a split stay :cool1: I have never stayed at CSR so I can't help much, but I think you couldn't go wrong staying at AKL for your whole trip :thumbsup2

Hi There! We stayed Jambo Studio this past February and you all were so helpful! I am thinking about doing AKV again for the end of Easter week in 2016 (I know, crazy far away). I was thinking about going for a 1 bedroom Savannah view. How hard are those to get at 7 months out? I am planning 3 trips in the year and want to know if I could allocate those points out and then know how many points I have to work with for the 2 trips before hand. Does that make sense? I am new to this DVC thing so I am trying to figure out how to juggle the points and spread them over trips.

I know the points could change a bit but I am just going on what they are now. When the new point charts come out I will adjust all 3 trips accordingly based on what I think I can get. I am going to drive myself nuts, aren't I? :rotfl2:

I've booked the 1BR savannah view twice renting DVC points. First time was last August for a January stay - so we were really only about five months out and didn't have trouble. This year, I booked as soon as the seven month window opened. But I don't think I needed to. It likely depends on when you're planning to go. I don't know how fast Easter books up.

I've booked the 1BR savannah view twice renting DVC points. First time was last August for a January stay - so we were really only about five months out and didn't have trouble. This year, I booked as soon as the seven month window opened. But I don't think I needed to. It likely depends on when you're planning to go. I don't know how fast Easter books up.

Thanks! I am thinking it will be pretty easy, but you never know! DVC tends to go the opposite of how I think, but I am slowly starting to figure it out :)

Is 1 bedroom Savannah view in both Jambo and Kidani? Wait, does Kidani have 2 bathrooms in a one bedroom? I think I saw that somewhere...:confused3

Thanks! I am thinking it will be pretty easy, but you never know! DVC tends to go the opposite of how I think, but I am slowly starting to figure it out :)

Is 1 bedroom Savannah view in both Jambo and Kidani? Wait, does Kidani have 2 bathrooms in a one bedroom? I think I saw that somewhere...:confused3

Both Jambo & Kidani have 1-bedroom Savannah view villas. :thumbsup2 Kidani does have 2 full bathrooms in their 1-bedroom - the units at Kidani were built specifically for DVC whereas Jambo villas were retrofitted. They did a great job with what they had to work with at Jambo, but the Kidani rooms are superior.

Both Jambo & Kidani have 1-bedroom Savannah view villas. :thumbsup2 Kidani does have 2 full bathrooms in their 1-bedroom - the units at Kidani were built specifically for DVC whereas Jambo villas were retrofitted. They did a great job with what they had to work with at Jambo, but the Kidani rooms are superior.

Sounds great! We will try to try kidani :). Thank you for the info!

I am in a 2 bedroom Kidani villa and we are Loving all the extra room and the 3 full bathrooms!

Tomorrow is a resort afternoon and evening- so we'll get to enjoy Kidani even more!

I am in a 2 bedroom Kidani villa and we are Loving all the extra room and the 3 full bathrooms!

Tomorrow is a resort afternoon and evening- so we'll get to enjoy Kidani even more!

How nice! Sounds ideal :-) enjoy your day I love Kidani wish I was there too!

Just joined this thread because when the free dining comes out in August I am changed us from AOA- Nemo Suite to AKL. Now I just have to decide what room category :)

I'd spend some time in the CSR thread if you haven't already. Read what other people love about it. Is it particularly close to any of the parks? Are there resort activities that appeal to you? I haven't been there before, so I can't help with that. I can speak to the buses at AKL. Aside from issues going to and from DTD (which I think is a problem with all of the resorts), I've found the buses to be fine. The pool at Kidani can't be beat (disclaimer - have never stayed at the YC/BC). There are a ton of activities you can't do at other resorts (night vision goggles to see the animals is the first that comes to mind).

Thank you. The buses will not be an issue for us because we will have our car. I have been to the CSR thread and the more I think about it I think we may just save CSR for another shorter trip. It just seems like there is sooo much to do at the lodge! :thumbsup2

I have stayed at both and while CSR was good for my "needs" (ie cheap, quick trip) AKL is like a vacation itself. My friend drove over from the Tampa area one day and we walked around and looked at the art, animals and just enjoyed the pool area for the day.

CSR was spread out and I really like being able to spend time in the lobby if it is rainy or too hot. Can't really do that so easily in a mod! :thumbsup2

Exactly what I'm coming to realize! Thank you so much! :thumbsup2

Glad you are enjoying the villa. Enjoy your resort day.

We had the Royal Asante Suite and two other CL rooms booked for our big family trip next July. I just called back and even though it wasn't available when I originally booked, the Royal Kuba Suite became available. We now have both suites booked for our AKL leg of our trip!!!!

Can't wait for this trip next year!!!! 12 of us together for 11 days. We always like to wrap up our trip with a few days at AKL after we're tired of park commando touring. AKL is such a nice way to relax the last few days with such a beautiful, calming resort. :)

OK, I've had the ressie for 2 weeks, but I waited until my mother made the airline ressie before I would believe it was real: Look at my new ticker!:banana: Never thought this would happen!

It all started with my baby bro turning 50; mom wanted to do something for him. He mentioned that he hadn't been to Disney since the last time we went as a family (1975). As a teacher, I am limited to when I can go. My father has limited mobility. I went over lots of options and it seemed that a 2 br villa during my spring break would be the best. Finally settled on Kidani so they could spend most of the time animal watching (I hope!) and my brother can go through the parks commando-style. My sister and I will drive down (Thelma and Louise?) so there will be a car to make transport easier. My hubbie will transport them to the airport here and we will take care of it in FL. She and I will do 2 park days with our parents and 1 park day with little bro.

Now I hope that it will all work! Sis and I are psyched as we love Disney! Bro is looking forward to seeing all the new things, but has made it clear that he will not let our parents hold him back from doing what he wants to do. My dad is concerned about the cost, even though my sister and I are picking up some of it. Fortunately, I have a Disney Visa so I can push the cost down the road as this is not something I can really afford right now, but my mom is really excited about it. My dad is like a cat with 9 lives, except he has worked his way through 5 of them, so I don't want to say no to any opportunity, and I want it to be a positive one.

Wow, I don't think I've ever written so much before! Guess I'm really giddy!:yay: Off to see if I can cut and paste this on the no FAQ thread!

Been hanging out at the AKL CL for the past few days... wasn't sure what to expect and how it would compare to the Polynesian CL. It's just as fun. Not quite as whimsical and I'm not walking around with a dumb grin on my face like I did at the Polynesian, but this is one heck of a beautiful resort.

My son would be content just hanging out at the pool, watching the animals from the balcony, and drinking pass-o-guava in the Kilimanjaro Club.

Oh, and sitting in the room watching Stacey J over and over again.:thumbsup2

Is there a DIS family checking into Kidani on Saturday Morning?
If so, I would love to give you some milk, ice cream and popsicles and yogurt.
I ordered way too much and have gallons of milk. 1/2 gallon of vanilla ice cream- for root beer floats!!! and lots of yogurt and cheese sticks left over.
I fly home tomorrow and can't take it with me!
Let me know.
Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter