Number 9 is really FINE! Welcome to AKL LITE - the 'unofficial' FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to do online check in today, and I had a couple of options that I had questions about. Two of them were the Kudu Trail View and the Sunset Savannah View, but we have a Pool View reserved. Does anyone know what those two mean?

I was able to do online check in today, and I had a couple of options that I had questions about. Two of them were the Kudu Trail View and the Sunset Savannah View, but we have a Pool View reserved. Does anyone know what those two mean?

Same thing happens to me in June.. I would not put anything and call with your request. The CM told my agent that it was a glitch. I was in 3010 on giraffe trail and it was the most perfect room

Same thing happens to me in June.. I would not put anything and call with your request. The CM told my agent that it was a glitch. I was in 3010 on giraffe trail and it was the most perfect room

Thank you. The only request that is important to the DH is the close to the lobby one.

Ask for a from near 3010... That wing is lobby level and right off the gift shop wing... Perfect!!

TOTAL AKL NEWBIE :rolleyes1, what is an Arusha view?

Arusha is one of the four savannahs at the AKL.
It is located directly behind the lobby area in the center of the Jambo building.

Keep in mind that if you have a regular savannah view room at AKL (non DVC) that an Arusha view savannah room costs more than a regular savannah view room. It's a category above a standard savannah room and costs about $30-$35.00 more per night depending on season and week/weekend.

So Arusha view isn't a "request" for a regular savannah room like "a certain floor" or "close to lobby" would be. Unless you get a free upgrade, you would have to pay more to upgrade a regular savannah view room to an Arusha savannah view room. The other savannahs are Uzima, Sunset, and at Kidani, Pembe.

Any savannah view room will have a view of one of the savannahs and you should see animals from your room. Different savannahs have different animals on them, but some overlap and are found on each savannah.

I just made Jiko reservations for Saturday night the 20th!! First time...someone tell me what to order?

Here is what I tried (and loved) at Jiko during the two times that I ate there last month. I haven't tried the rest of the menu, but I was told by one of the chef's that the short ribs are great. I'll have to wait until Sept. to verify that...

Taste of Africa - Assortment of Dips with Pappadam, Poppy Seed Lavash, and House made Naan breads.

Beef Bobotie Roll with Cucumber Riata

Green Mango Atjar, and Honey-Roasted Groundnuts

Inguday Tibs in Brik with Mushrooms, etc....to long to write the rest..:)

Peri Peri roasted Chicken Flatbread with Lime Chakalaka, etc....

Oak grilled Filet Minon with lots of good stuff..:)

Tagine Chicken with Preserved Lemon, etc...

Maize crusted Corvina with Vegetables, etc...

Kenyan Coffee and Amarula Creme Brulee

Cheeecake with White Chocolate, Toasted Coconut, Mango Sauce, and Pineapple Chile Sorbet

Vanilla Rooibos-Tanzanian Chocolate Cake and Honey Nut Topping.

If you like a good tropical drink, ask for a "Sunriser". It's Rum, and Banana Liquor Blended with Orange, Pineapple, and Cranberry Juices. Soooo good..:)

They also have a great selection of South African wines that come recommended with appetizer, dinner, and desert if you are so inclined.

Will the fridge at AKL hold a gallon of milk?

Well, now it appears it will depend on when you're going. All the fridges have been disabled due to a possible defect and will be replaced over the "next 4 months" :eek: This is for resorts ONLY -- it does NOT affect DVC rooms. (It also excludes Ft Wildness cabins and AoA suites.)

:confused3

Here is a thread about it in case anyone's interested:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3138895

:)

hmmm ... I'm at Jambo house next week in a rented through Disney Non-DVC studio room .... fridge or no fridge? :confused3

hmmm ... I'm at Jambo house next week in a rented through Disney Non-DVC studio room .... fridge or no fridge? :confused3

If the room is a "deluxe studio villa" it IS a DVC room and WILL have a half-size refrigerator. ::yes:: (Those rooms can be booked on cash through Disney, but they are DVC rooms.)

I know about the replacing in room fridge fiasco that will be going on throughout Disney resorts. :-). But does a standard room at AKL usually have a mini fridge in the rooms? Thanks!

yes! they have small fridges. I don't usually use them because they are never very cold (i think that is the defect)

yes! they have small fridges. I don't usually use them because they are never very cold (i think that is the defect)

We thought that also. So no surprise to hear about the defect! Thought we were going mad.... Our milk on cereal was warm. Not nice with lucky charms lol. Hey this is not suppose to be porridge!

I honestly don't think the defect is the fridge so much as it is inside of a cabinet that has no adequate ventilation.

Probably bought a cheap bulk load of fridges. False economy lol! I bet somebody is in a lot of trouble...wonder if they will be made to ride the rock n rollacoaster after eating a kitchen sink from beaches and cream.

people on the fridge thread are nuts...I am probably going to get banned today

people on the fridge thread are nuts...I am probably going to get banned today

I know right lol. I thought nothing would amuse me more than the refillable mug thread now with the 'rapid refill' update. Omg it's like walking dead out there. Every man for himself lol..

On a similar fridge rant thread I suggested buying a cheap fridge from walmart or target because they are quite cheap and that's what I would do. Omg I think I have a price on my head now.... In England you see it's a luxury to have a fridge in room. So forgive my naive British ways. We can't believe our luck having fridges in hotel rooms at moderate levels let alone values. I almost fainted when I heard this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter