Nudity and Stabbings and Hypothermia, Oh my! First DCL Cruise (Fantasy, 9.5.15) ** Slide Show 2/8

Yeah, Disney Cruises are one place where having food allergies get you treated like a king! He loved ordering off the regular menu and having it delivered to the kids club the night he ate dinner there. The one drawback is the buffets. I don't know how bad your son's allergy is, but if you mention it at the buffet they will go nuts (no pun intended), not let you touch anything until a chef comes out, and then he'll basically say "you can have fruit and pizza." The reason for that is that there is no "allergy" section of the kitchen that feeds the buffets, and I'm guessing they don't want their butts sued. However, I don't keep a special "nut free" section of my kitchen so we just take what we deem reasonable precautions. I always look everything over but we never had any problems with the buffet food (they wouldn't even give him bread and lunch meat the day we mentioned it!), and he was able to eat there just fine once we decided not to remind the staff of his allergy. If you're worried about cross-contamination, though, depending on the severity, you may want to steer clear.

Yes - it was like that at DisneyWorld too. We always tried to remember to mention it at the buffets, but then we all had to sit and wait for the chef to come out before we could get started. My son's peanut/cashew allergy isn't super severe, and we generally don't restrict all things that were made "in a facility or on equipment" that also processes nuts, we just avoid all items actually containing peanuts or nuts. But I'm glad they actually do a good job of it at Disney. Other buffets we've gone too they often have almost no clue.

What a great trip report!!! And loved the slide show! We are planning the same itinerary on the Fantasy next July and this was so helpful as we will be traveling with two 4 year olds and a three year old!!!

Loved the photos too--and I noticed your husband's spark people shirt! I love that site!!! It was the precursor to my runDisney problem :)

Such a nice trip report! I really enjoyed reading it! Our kids were similar ages when we first started cruising with them, so it brought back great memories! They are older now, and I have to say travelling does get easier~ :flower3: You have a beautiful family! My DD goes to college in Cincinnati... :)

Great trip report! I am curious if anyone knows how early they normally decorate the ship for Halloween? We are taking the 7 night Western September 2nd, 2017 and I didn't think they would have it decorated that early, but your report is making me second guess that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter