Now this is getting ridiculous...

Worse than an ADR going poof, yesterday I found availability for BCV (we are DVC and have SSR booked for 3 nights for F&W). I called in and they saw the availability and borrowed some of my 2016 points to make the switch and got an error message. They put me on hold forever and after a 50 minute phone call they said I could hang up and that they would get it booked but there was some system issue. She said I'd get e-mail confirmation and assured me they had the BCV room held for me. Several hours later I go on the DVC site and see my borrowed points were back in 2016 and I still was booked at SSR. I called back and was told 'sorry, no BCV available and nothing in your notes about them working on switching you to BCV'. Still I keep checking but no luck. I am just shocked that, yesterday, the lady assured me we had the BCV room and nobody thought they should contact me to tell me 'oops, no you don't have it'. My thoughts are: Disney makes us do all this planning (ADRs, FP+, DVC members need to book between 7-11 months out now or there's limited availability) then Disney needs to get it together and make all this technical stuff work properly and efficiently.

WE have dinner for 7 booked at sic-fi and 5 of us are wanting to go to FW instead. So I'm thinking of just letting the 2 go and just tell the hostess the rest are no-show. We did the same thing on our last trip and there was no problem at all (Cape May). I'm not about to touch the reservation for fear we'd loose the entire thing!
We did similar this Aug. We were 3 families for a total of 12 guests that I booked ADRs for. Sometimes we didn't all go and we'd just tell them at the hostess stand. But you could just keep checking for a table of 2 online and when one pops up (if one pops up) switch it (when you go to book new table it will ask if you want to cancel old table).

Wait, (sorry if reposting a previous question), do they charge for less people showing up than the reservation is for?

Also, I, too, had a problem of releasing to modify a reservation and it disappeared in seconds! I wonder if it's really gone or if the system doesn't let you take it after you released it so soon?

Just coordinated a reservation pick up tonight for CP. It took almost five minutes of hitting "search for table" for it to come up. Also switched from a specific time to just breakfast, in between. Don't know if that made the difference.

Also, I, too, had a problem of releasing to modify a reservation and it disappeared in seconds! I wonder if it's really gone or if the system doesn't let you take it after you released it so soon?
In my experience, when I have cancelled any ADR for whatever reason, it takes about an hour before I see it come up again on the Disney website. I wonder if all of these bookings are really being taken so quickly or if they just take a bit to be available again.

I cancelled a BOG breakfast on my phone and my friend couldn't find it on her laptop. I checked on my phone and it showed up for me. She logged in on her phone and it was there.

It was really weird!

Just coordinated a reservation pick up tonight for CP. It took almost five minutes of hitting "search for table" for it to come up. Also switched from a specific time to just breakfast, in between. Don't know if that made the difference.

I think this is a weird phenomena. I found this when making our Fantasmic package ressie at H&V. If I clicked "lunch," nothing would show up. If I clicked 12:00 pm, I saw availability (or maybe it was vice versa - but in any case, one search found availability and another did not). Fortunately, I noticed this a week before I had to make ADRs, so I knew what to do when I booked. But I am sure some people don't try both ways. It doesn't make sense that it would show up one way and not the other, but I now check both when no ressies are showing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter