"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!"- Our 1st DVC stay-May 2010-Wrap Up 9/23

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by leamom2princesses, Jun 3, 2010.

1. 3princesses+aprince

3princesses+aprince DIS Veteran

Hi, I just read through the whole report so far! Looks like everyone had a great time. What an awesome dis meet too, i'm jealous! And so glad to hear the May weather cooperated this year.

Can't wait to read more

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. racefanof88

racefanof88 DIS Veteran

Hey Leanne :wave:. I love the SW update :thumbsup2. I keep saying we are going to go but we just never seem to make it :confused3. We used to go to the Gulfarium in Ft. Walton Beach, Fl., but it has been several years since we last went. Dallas loves to see the Dolphin show.

I'm glad you are feeling better. When I'm sick I ask for a shot when I go to the doctor. I hate shots, but it makes me start feeling better much sooner :thumbsup2.

4. MaryAz

MaryAz DIS Veteran

What in the world are you doing on page 4?? If not for FB I would wonder if you were ok. I know you are busy but just wanted to say hi. Miss ya

5. leamom2princesses

leamom2princesses DIS Veteran

Hi TK! I am going to get part 2 of SW day up very soon. My baby started Kindergarten yesterday so I was a little sad. :sad2: She loved it though! Now that we are getting started I may have more time to DIS. ;)

Hi Sarah! Lindsey is loving volleyball. I actually found a co-ed and women's team so I am playing as well. I have been super busy but other than Disney, volleyball is the thing that puts a spark in my eye.

Manta is a lot of fun. If you make it back to SW, you have to give it a whirl. :thumbsup2

My girls don't get Columbus Day off from school or I would extend through that day. I was looking at the crowd calendar and it's super low numbers...1-4 rating for that weekend. Since July was all 9's and May was 4-8, I think we will be okay. :goodvibes

6. leamom2princesses

Thanks so much! :goodvibes

The summer zoomed past us unfortunately. We are so busy. We are having fun along the way though. :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear what you think about Manta! :thumbsup2

Hope you had a big time in Vegas! I'm very impressed that you did the bird show...:lmao: Sea World is tough on you huh? :rotfl:

Looks like you have been very busy this summer as well. The girls started school yesterday. They both made it home with no issues and no sticks pulled so I guess it was a good day. Josie jabbered for at least an hour last night. Sooooo cute! :goodvibes

7. leamom2princesses

Awww thank you so much! :goodvibes

You need to girl! It was a lot of fun. :goodvibes

Lindsey is loving volleyball. It was a great way for me to get back on the court as well. One of my favorite things. I played for 18 years before I decided to give it up for a while. I'm so thrilled that Lindsey wants to play. :cloud9:

8. leamom2princesses

Thanks so much! If you make it back you HAVE to try Manta. It was a lot of fun.

It was great getting a photshoot for free. I am so pleased with the pictures. :goodvibes

I wish our kids went back after Labor Day. Their summers seem so short. We only get out a week or so earlier than northern schools. We do get a week off in October for fall break though so that's how it is compensated. I'd rather have the longer summer. ;)

Are we on for this weekend still? :goodvibes

Clyde and Seymour is a great show! The funniest by far. I felt safe but the feeling of all of my weight being over the harness at times was interesting. It was a very unique feeling for sure. :confused3

9. leamom2princesses

If you guys love coasters you both need to try out the Manta. It was so fun and intense. We loved it!

Volleyball is going well so far. I find out next week if I will be coaching or not. I hope Lindsey's school has their own team and I get to coach. :goodvibes

Hi Megan! How the heck are ya? It is so weird that we never ran into each other. Coral Reef is on our list of favorites now. We WILL be going back. :banana:

You need to check out WHW at least once. I've won at both DVC events I've attended. I can't complain. Joe knows he will have a hard time keeping me away now. :lmao:

We did have a great trip and July and DVC definitely allows you to slow down and enjoy the resorts and environment more. No more commando for us! :thumbsup2

10. leamom2princesses

Thanks for reading Pam! We did have a great time! The weather was very good this year-made me really, really happy. :goodvibes Can't wait to hear about your next trip. Have you started a PTR yet?

You need to make it over there girl! You will enjoy yourself. It's good to be feeling better and back to myself. I hate sinus infections...:sick: I'm a shot fan myself...same thing....makes me feel better much faster! :woohoo:

It was great chatting with you last night! :hug:

11. leamom2princesses

Thanks for looking out for me Mary! We have been very busy but it was a fun summer break. I miss you too! Call me sometime woman!:goodvibes

12. leamom2princesses

First, I need to apologize for being MIA. We have been very, very busy. We started school yesterday and all went well. I hope to be on more but bear with me as I try to figure out what our schedule is going to look like in the coming weeks. Hope you all with stick with me! I have truly missed my DIS family. :hug: On with the show....

When I left off we had just eaten some delicious barbecue.

After eating we made our way over to Shamu Stadium to see the "Believe" show. We made it there early and got some pretty good seats in a nice shady spot. The show was cool, not as wonderful as I had remembered the killer whale show to be, but good nonetheless. Here are some pics..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Splashing the audience...

[​IMG]

the jumbotron...they pulled a young boy out of the audience and compared the trainers childhood pics with a pic of the young boy and a current pic of the trainer. The point of the show was to believe in yourself and you can do anything.

[​IMG]

After "Believe" we made our way over to Shamu's Happy Harbor. This is the section for smaller children. They have some small rides and a gigantic playhouse. Here is a pic of Joe riding the coaster with the girls...

[​IMG]

We spent a good hour and a half in this section. There were shaded tables under the playhouse so Joe and I hung out there and cooled off a little while the girls played and rode a few rides. After we finished in that area we started making our way over to the area to feed the dolphins.

We stopped and checked out the Wild Arctic attraction. It was pretty neat. Josie wasn't tall enough to ride the helicopter version so she and I went to one side and Joe and Lindsey went to the other. While inside we got to check the arctic creatures.

We decided we had seen enough shows so we skipped Pet's Ahoy and A'lure Call of the Ocean. We next made our way over to the Shark Encounter where we dropped food down to the sharks. Josie got such a big kick out of this. She thought it was awesome that they would zoom by and get her food off the top. Here they are feeding the sharks...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After feeding the sharks we continued around the circle towards the dolphin area. We decided to check out the penguin encounter. Again, Josie thought this was so neat. The birds were racing in front of the glass and she thought it was histerical.

[​IMG]

After seeing the penguins we watched the Kraken and the Atlantis rides but decided we didn't want to ask Josie to wait out while everyone else rode. It wasn't that important to the rest of us so we skipped it.

We observed the manatees at the Manatee Rescue after that.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next, we finally made it to the Dolphin Cove. We were so lucky. We didn't know that they shut this activity down before park closing and we were the last group to get to feed and interact with the dolphins. Before entering the line we went downstairs and watched the dolphins swim in the aquarium. Here are some pics..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once we got in line and got our food it was too long before we started interacting with dolphins. This was probably the coolest part of the day in my opinion. Here is my family enjoying their time with these beautiful creatures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After feeding the dolphins, we stopped for a few pics of the girls with Joe. In 2003 I got some pics of Lindsey and Joe in this same spot so it was only appropriate that I get one with Josie in as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After the pics we made our way to our final attraction for the day Stingray Lagoon. Of course, we couldn't let any creature go unfed so Joe and the girls bought some food and got to it. Here is one of the happy rays after a yummy shrimp snack..

[​IMG]

As soon as we were done we made our way to the exit but not before stopping to buy a few souvies. Lindsey decided on a Sea World Barbie and Josie decided on stuffie. We made our way to the car and headed over to Texas de Brazil for Joe's birthday dinner. After only 5 minutes I turned around to find this...
    [​IMG]

Before too long it looked like this...

[​IMG]

We really had a wonderful time at Sea World and Texas de Brazil was the cherry on top. It was so delicious! We were so stuffed that we didn't even order dessert. My brother joined us because he's been dying to try it but coudln't find anyone who wanted to pay to enjoy it with him. He really enjoyed his meal as well and actually paid for my family's meals as well. If you're in Orlando and want to try something good off property we highly recommend this place. :thumbsup2

13. mom2mek

mom2mek Obsessed with Disney

Great Seaworld updates Leanne! I do hope to try out SeaWorld one of these days! I think I want to go when it is a little cooler though - my brother just got back from a trip to Disney, and said that SW was by far the "hottest" feeling park - just not as much shade he said. Sounds like you guys had a great day! Love those pics of Daddy and his girls! :goodvibes

Sara

14. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

What a great day at Sea World! The more I look at your pictures, the more I want to make another trip to SW. Poor Lindsey and Josie....they were pooped!

15. longing2Batdisney

longing2Batdisney DIS Veteran

Hello Leanne! :wave:
    I have been MIA myself for quite some time... I am trying to catch up one TR at a time. Ashton and I have been enjoying your photos. The family photo session is beautiful...he took some really great shots of you guys (but, I would say he had a great subjects to work with...you guys shine with love and happiness). What a wonderful idea to have a family session in November with the extended family, what wonderful memories that will make.

Seaworld looks like so much fun! I love educational fun (geek that I am)...looks like you guys had a wonderful time there...makes me miss it even more...it will definatley be added to our next trip (whenever that may be; but, sometime next year I hope).

Sounds like you are doing a great job with your C25K and having fun with it! :thumbsup2

Have a great week!
    :wave2: Connie

16. klacey1

klacey1 DIS Veteran

Hi, Leanne!! Don't worry-- life gets in the way for all of us at some point. This time of year always gets busy-- getting into the fall mode!
    I really love Seaworld. It's a quality park-- just beautiful with excellent exhibits. At least Orlando is-- something about San Antonio just felt off. Definitely not as nice.

17. bouncycat

bouncycat DIS Veteran

Looks like ya'll had a good time, them girls are too cute!!! Glad you're back, we missed you too!!! :)

18. Queenofallthings

Queenofallthings DIS Veteran

Great update Leanne, I love Sea World! I can't wait to go back, but I know for sure it won't be this year but hopefully next summer....we'll keep our fingers crossed.

Glad you had a nice evening with your brother to celebrate Joe's birthday!

Love the pictures of the girls sleeping, that's usually what I do in a car if I'm not driving:lmao:

19. wdwgirl03

wdwgirl03 <font color=red>I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)<b

Back to school already?! :scared1: Yikes! I forget you guys get out a lot earlier than we do up here too. Can't believe it's already that time though.

So glad you enjoyed Sea World. It is such a neat park. :thumbsup2 Love all the pictures and the ones of the girls sleeping are too cute. Guess it was a busy day. :)

20. racefanof88

racefanof88 DIS Veteran

Great update :thumbsup2. I love the picture of Josie sleeping in the car, she is all curled up :lmao:. We are going to get over to SW one day. I have looked at going to Bush Gardens too since it has been so long ago that I was there.

21. TinkerbellLuvr7

TinkerbellLuvr7 Tinkerbellluvr7

Nice update!! I hadn't heard of that restaurant until after I moved from FL and now I'm dying to try it but I haven't either had the time or car to go there the few times I've been back since May last year!!