Now Seen it all

Discussion in 'Disneyland Community Board' started by lucky1, Mar 2, 2009.

1. lucky1

lucky1 Face Character

Yesterday morning when leaving DL through DTD about 9:30am, there was a young boy of 8 or 9 in the fountain that is opposite La Brea bakery and an older gentleman, that we assumed was his grandfather. The boy had a stick and was digging the coins out of the fountain slots and pocketing them. DH made a comment to them, but didn't seem to faze them. We never saw a DLR Security on our way out to let them know.

Should we have done something else?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DisneyJenn18

DisneyJenn18 I am the official tour guide for non-disney soon t

geez are people that hard up to steal other peoples wishes? That's just wrong! I would have made a louder comment if they didn't hear the first one....:confused3

4. Stacerita

Stacerita DIS Veteran

Some people :sad2:

5. bonita_babe232

bonita_babe232 <font color=magenta>Someone tell me something cute

maybe they wanted 2 turkey legs but could only afford one :lmao: ........ i might do the same thing some of those load fries from test poilets was involved lol :thumbsup2 ..... Noo i'm just kidding.... thats pretty bad to have the kid doing it at disneyland of all places..... they should go to the mall next time lol

6. pixiewings71

pixiewings71 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Sweet!!! Totally!!!!

Wha?????????? That's just wrong....

7. Mike_M

Mike_M Mouseketeer

It's bad luck to rob a wishing fountain. :scared:

8. SANDIEGOFAN

SANDIEGOFAN Lost my original tag, wa wa

Rats! I threw a coin in there last time I visited - there goes my lotto win.

9. Sherwin

Sherwin <font color=royalblue>Not-so-secretly crushing on

Well, what goes around comes around. 8 or 9 is a mature enough age to tell what's right or wrong. But I am surprised the grandfather didn't do anything.

10. Krissy Marissy

Krissy Marissy <font color=darkorchid>I LOVE the MC!!! I eat one

Ugh people like that make me sick :sad2:

11. mechurchlady

mechurchlady DIS Veteran

At DCA I was waiting for Calvin to exit the restroom. There is a fountain in front of the bathrooms that has a block wall around it. I watched a man pick out the coins and hand them to his daughter. The scary part was that the kid was walking around that wet wall tossing the coins back into the fountain.

I so wanted to say something but he was speaking a foreign language and it is up to security to remove kids from the fountain. Perish the thought of someone hacking a spit ball into the fountain or other things in the water.

Maybe they needed money to get into the park. Sad to see such things in parks. Maybe it was a form of protest off of Disney making money from wishing wells, lol.:lmao:

12. erdons

erdons Earning My Ears

wow, what a shame....

13. Belle Ella

Belle Ella DIS Veteran

Wow, that's really sad. And nobody else spoke up about it? That's pretty sad too.

14. fairycat

fairycat <marquee><font color=deeppink>Modern Disney Prince

I thought Disney donated all the fountain coins to charity???

That is a sucky thing to do no matter what.

15. mechurchlady

mechurchlady DIS Veteran

16. Tasscrapper

Tasscrapper I belive in dragons, unicorns, good men and other

Wow I didn't know they donated the money to charity. Cool tidbit.

17. Jennifer03

Jennifer03 DIS Veteran

Wow, I can't believe someone would do that. :sad2:

18. olivejuice

olivejuice Mouseketeer

well I personally wouldn't mind if a couple of pennies I threw in there goes toward a kid having enough money to eat. Its sad. Its not right, but if they are so hard up that they have to steal change from fountians, that I just threw away. I dont mind. It would be a different situation if the kid and grandparent were vacationing there and had money, that would be wrong.

19. lntsmom

lntsmom <font color=teal>Soarin' is addictive!<br><font co

Not meaning to start anything here, but I wouldn't give them the benefit of the doubt. If you can afford to go to Disneyland, you shouldn't be digging money out of the fountains. If you can't afford to eat and have Disney AP's you need to eBay them. Wants vs. Needs

Personally, I'd figure it was a wahoo and his great-wahoo out being idiots.

20. ratherbe@disneyland

ratherbe@disneyland Earning My Ears

That is sad. I see a lot of parenting done that way now though, sit by and don't care.
    I did this one time at the mall when I was young. My brother and I got bags and filled them up. We took them to my dad who was in a store, and he promptly made us dump it all back in. So I learned it was wrong. Sometimes kids just don't know, but the grandfather should have said something, that would have been a valuable lesson down the road.

21. magicallyDisney001

magicallyDisney001 DIS Veteran

What? That is just awful. I'd understand more for the kid, (although he really should know better) but the grandfather? Ridiculous. :sad2:

I think Disney should have a little sign or plaque on or near the fountain saying "Disney donates all wishing well money to charity. Please do not collect coins from the fountains." Hopefully that would at least let people know that they would be stealing from charities. :confused3