Now how about a lovely castmember thread?

So many great CM's, not sure if I should post them all! I often say CM's at WDW are happier to see me than my own extended family. (I know they get paid, but it is great to be welcomed with smiles and no comments about my hair or weight.:cloud9:)

The CM following along behind Woody and Jessie who noticed that DS who was dressed like Woody had not been seen by his idol and took DS's hand and led him along behind. She then made a big deal to Woody about DS looking like him - turning an almost heartbreak into a wonderful memory.

The handler for Cap'n Hook and Mr. Smee who totally got into the whole 'drama' when DS, dressed as Peter Pan, approached CH who took off. The handler called out that Mr. Smee was being promoted to Captain. Cap'n Hook stormed back out, bringing a smile to DS.

Morgan, our Mousekeeper at CBR who put our Duffys on display with some of our pirate souvenirs we had left out the day we left them in the room.

The CM who - upon discovering it was my BD on Inauguration Day and that it was very important to me to see The American Adventure, arranged a very special Goofy phone call for me downstairs.

The CM who asked what DS was celebrating and discovered it was graduation from 6 years of speech therapy, gave him FP's for TT.

The CM in DHS Lost and Found who handed me DS's lost Indy sword with a flourish when I was almost in tears.

The CM's and maintenance men who joked with us about my driving when we got stuck on Dinosaur. When we got stuck about 30 feet later, they looked at DH and told him that he really shouldn't let me drive (I was in the far left front spot.)

The CM who made DD his first mate on JC and then pretended to be too frightened to go through the cave, handing the wheel over to her. She was a bit scared, but by the end, was thrilled.

Okay, this is going to be the Dis equivalent of War and Peace...

On our first trip DD was four and totally in love with anything princess. On our first morning, the bag checker at MK greeted her with a cheery "Hello, Princess!" She looked up at me and said, "How do you think he knew that?" Clearly, he convinced her she was a princess!

It's the little things.

I've had my share of the good, the bad, and the ugly, but I always seem to remember the good ones while the bad ones fade away. This past trip, a very nice character attendant at the Sorcerer Mickey meet at HS let us return to the front of the line after going to Star Tours to use our fastpasses because the first time we saw Mickey there was no Photopass photographer there and it was my baby cousin's first character meet (we had Photopass +). The fastpasses were starting within 5 minutes of us meeting Mickey, so we couldn't wait around then. He was so nice and told us not to worry about it, that he would remember us and let us back in after we rode. True to his word, when we came back about 30-40 minutes later, he remembered us and let us right up to the front. Thanks to him, we have some great photos of my cousin with Mickey that we wouldn't have gotten without the Photopass photographer.

I'm actually going to complain on this thread. Because when we stay at Pop Century, I get really tired of replying to all the Cast Members - and I mean ALL the Cast Members - who constantly say hello and tell me good morning or ask how am I doing. From the gate guard to the front desk to the maintenance people to housekeeping. I mean, come on! Being friendly at Disney World? The shock!

And that was sarcasm in case anyone didn't get it because some people don't.

I am so thrilled to see this thread :goodvibes so tired of the one in 66,000 bad tale :sad2: I have had many good experiences with CMs and over the years going to the same areas have become friends with them The CMs down at Tri-Circle-D who were totally emotionally invested when I almost adopted one of the horses that were about to retire The oohs and aahs over pictures of the horse I did adopt and never forgetting to ask about her everytime I go there ..by name !

Joan the CM that 1/2 of you probably have seen even in passing she works the podium outside of Tony's Restaurant always a big smile always a kind word always remembers you day to day or year to year

CMs are the foundation of the magic that keeps us all coming back !

THANK YOU!!!! :cool1:

I just called, and the wonderful gentleman on the phone was able to find a work around solution that allows me to view the current passholder offers, despite not having My Disney Experience.

:dance3::dance3::dance3:

All I have to do (for now) is log in using my username (not my e-mail, because my husband's account shares the same e-mail), click on "Update Profile", click on "Add or Renew a WDW Pass", and then on the righthand side is a little box with Donald Duck that says "Access Passholder Offers", and I'm IN!

It's a few extra steps, and he apologized for not being able to just click on "Passholder" at the top of the page, but I don't care.

I made sure to do the phone survey after and give him all "1"s. :thumbsup2

(Also, he was very concerned that I was calling long distance and might be racking up a big bill, but I was able to put his mind at ease by telling him about the 10 10 710 code that allows many Canadians to call anywhere for a flat rate of less than a dollar. Love it!)

You're so welcome Magpie! :) I'm so happy that the info helped someone on the thread! I love the Disney magic pixiedust: of it all! It feels so good to actually have the access! I actually feel like I'm an AP holder!

Probably about 10 years ago, on our very first WDW visit, after a pretty full day in MK, my DW and I were trying to find a spot for the upcoming parade for our DD5 and DS3. We couldn't find a spot anywhere and we must have had that stressed out look on our faces because just before the situation slipped into a whole spousal back and forth bickering :furious: thing, a CM, no angel, appeared between us asking us to follow her and she led us right onto a roped off pathway leading to Liberty Sq. There were a couple of empty benches and asked us if these would do. Our jaws hit the floor, we couldn't stop saying thank you, thank you, thank you. :worship: DW and I just sat there tearing up as every character came down the pathway during the parade, stopping and hugging our kids and then waving good bye to them. We were hooked on WDW after that, who wouldn't be? :love:

In September my DS and I were in MK and I decided that I wanted to try my first ever Dole Whip float. When I went to place the order I wasn't sure what flavor to get so I asked the cm what most folks ordered. He suggested that I sample each to see which I prefer. He then proceeds to squirt huge samples of pineapple, pineapple/vanilla swirl, and orange into a bowl for me...it was a whole bowlful by the time he finished! I almost felt guilty taking it! After tasting each I decided on a pineapple/vanilla swirl and thanked him for the "Samples"! My DS finished them off and enjoyed them very much!

One my most recent trip, my friend and I were sitting down waiting to watch Wishes and the parade. One of the CM's brought over two little girls to our section, and he made us all sing Happy Birthday to them! Everyone in the section! It didn't happen to us, but it was sure adorable, and it really made those girls smile!

In September, at DHS, we reported for Jedi Training. The sweet CM who checked us in complimented my son on his Jedi robe (we had bought it earlier in the day). She then took in his birthday pin and wished him a happy birthday. She then excused herself and said she'd be right back. She returned with an awesome light saber and a birthday card from Mickey. She also got us front row seats to Indiana Jones and arranged for our son to meet Indiana after the show. She told DS she just wanted his birthday to be magical. He could barely speak, but thank God, managed to thank her. DH and I, who already were on a magic high from the wonderful day we had, cried like two fools.

After a long MK day, we checked-in to the Wishes Dessert area to find out that my 2 year old nephew had lost one of his shoes. He was in a stroller at the time. My brother-in-law retraced our steps and even went to the lost and found and came up with nothing. Kids were grumpy and my sister was upset and then here comes one of the CM's and gives her a voucher for a new pair of shoes at any of the stores. Sister cried. I cried. It was great.

Our first trip to Disney World was less than 2 weeks ago and we had two CM's that touched our hearts and made our trip really extra special. One was our waiter at CRT whose name was Gustaf (it might have had an o on the end but I think it was just Gustaf). He was just funny as can be and so very nice. We are pretty plain people and our grandson ordered a sample of cheese and on the plate was a huge black raspberry. Our grandson didn't even know what it was. He is so sweet and sincere that when Gustaf came back to take our plates, he asked him what that was and told him how much he liked it. Gustaf made a big deal and told him how that the only place on earth those could be found was growing in Prince Charmings garden. Then he said he would be right back. He came back with a dish of great big blueberries for our grandson. He didn't realize that Cam was describing a raspberry but it didn't matter. He loved the blueberries too! LOL When we were finished eating my husband told him how special he made our dinner. They just talked then for a few minutes. The manager (I think) was there when we were walking out and my husband spoke to him about our great waiter. I am wanting to write a note but can't find the place to do it. I have an email address but when I try to use it (even type it in myself) it won't work. Any ideas?

The other person, although I am not sure he would be a CM, was a cashier at a store in DTD. Our grandson who is autistic and adhd has a hard time speaking up and making people even know he is around. When he and I went to check out, the cashier talked directly to him about his purchases and made my grandson feel that he was genuinely interest in him. They had a real conversation and the cashier even gave him some tips and ideas for getting the most from his purchases. It was building things. It was kind of like I was the one not even there. It made me so happy becasue last summer I took him to a hobby store where he spent over $100 and tried to talk to the cashier who didn't bother to even acknowledge he was speaking. I am grateful he was so kind to my grandson.

Even though I think the complaint threads are beneficial for Disney, I love reading the happy stories! We have so many and often one CM's magic becomes our favorite memory from the trip. One year we were approached by a CM in business clothes who asked if we would like to meet Cinderella. Not only did we get a one on one experience with Cinderella but turns out that CM, Gina, was the GM for MK! At the time I was in high school and she gave me her card for if I ever needed help with the college program or being employed by Disney. She had so many great stories- she previously was the GM for the NYC Disney store. It really inspired me to want to work for Disney and it meant so much for someone of that importance to take so much time just to make our day. That's what I love about Disney- whether its a custodian or a GM, we feel the same amount of pixie dust. Another shout out is David from CRT, he always remembers us and we share stories about our families from year to year. We haven't been to CRT in a few years but I miss his stories- he was in a beach boys music video and on one of the vacation planning DVD's!

Small things, but for us, very meaningful. My family's first stay was last year in the cabins at Ft. Wilderness. We returned one afternoon to find that our playful Mousekeeper had arranged all the stuffed animals, including having Perry the Platypus stirring up Doofenshmirtz in a pot on the stove. Our other sprinkle of pixie dust came from the bus driver who wanted to recognize our kids' birthdays but only had one pirate bandanna to share. He told us a secret hiding spot, and when we checked later he had left our son a whole dozen bandannas. If he wasn't hooked before, I know my husband is a Disney convert now!

Hmm...I will go with our most recent trip. My daughter, who was 9 at the time, had always been a massive Winnie the Pooh fan. We bought her this Winnie the Pooh pillow thing to lay on when she was a baby and she's been obsessed ever since.

So we decided to bring the pillow-ish thing (it's like a flat Pooh body with a pillowed head) to our lunch at Crystal Palace and ask all the characters to sign it. We explained that she had slept with the pillow since she was born.

All the characters were wonderful, but Tigger got so excited. He ran back to a previous table and asked to borrow their orange Sharpe so he could go all out with signing his name.

Also I'm not sure if she ever ran into repeat cast members throughout our trip but they sure made us feel like they recognized her every time we came across Pooh characters. The Pooh characters totally made her feel special throughout the whole trip.

We were at the mk at mnsshp, with my mom in a wheelchair. She was dressed as the fairy godmother from Cinderella.
A maintenance cast member , came up to my mom said she had the best costume ever, and gave her a tinkerbell pin. This made her trip

Thank you!!!!

After a long MK day, we checked-in to the Wishes Dessert area to find out that my 2 year old nephew had lost one of his shoes. He was in a stroller at the time. My brother-in-law retraced our steps and even went to the lost and found and came up with nothing. Kids were grumpy and my sister was upset and then here comes one of the CM's and gives her a voucher for a new pair of shoes at any of the stores. Sister cried. I cried. It was great.

Lol, my son sat down and someone had spilled a sticky viscous mess there. We went hunting for a change of clothes. Found some cute sweats and were going to pick up some underwear. The cm at the muppet store asked his size and buzzed into the back. She said they always have some because people tear into packages and steal a pair. Offered to pay and was turned down with an apology that no one had caught the mess. Earlier.

Oh, man. No complaints here. CM's, in my experience, have been wonderful, and in my numerous trips, I don't recall feeling a need to complain about anyone. I just recently wrote to disney about a CM, but it was praise. Our waiter at Mama Melrose was wonderful, (no pixie dust, but was really attentive, and kind during a busy evening) and I thought he deserved to be recognized for doing it right! I work for a large company, and getting recognized for doing good goes a long way, more so than complaints. I give props to the CM's a WDW!

My mom and I were standing in line to get a picture with Lady Tremaine and the step sisters and they were fantastic, so in character and actually a little scary.

The man and woman ahead of us had a young girl (looked to be about 5) who the closer we got to the head of the line began to hide her face in her father's neck. She was having no part of Lady Tremaine. When it was their turn, they stepped forward and the little girl wouldn't even look up. Lady Tremaine very quietly said to her,"I like your bracelet." The girl was having no part of it, so the got their picture and moved on. She then turned to us and yelled,"next!" and it startled me so much, I dropped my photopass card, to which she then sighed and rolled her eyes :rotfl2:

It was just so sweet they way she spoke to this girl, trying to let her know that she really wasn't that scary. Except to the adults!

Our last trip we also had some amazing CMs at concierge who made last minute dining reservations for us. So helpful and sweet and fun.

My son (26 at the time!) wearing his birthday pin, was asked by a CM at the end of RnRC if he wanted to ride again? Front? Heck yea! Then after his 2nd ride gathered the family and gave us all VIP seating passed to F! that night. Just one of MANY wonderful CM's we have encountered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!