Now Bring Me That Horizon ~ It Begins P115

I've missed you too!!! And the DIS and my obsessive trip planning.

I am so impressed with your bag photos. So much catching up to do here.

How is your summer going?

Thanks on the bag photos. I figured they'd be useful to someone, and at the very least, I'm convincing myself how great that baggalini is. :lmao:

My summer is going really well, actually. DS and I are getting out and doing a lot of day trips, swimming at my grandmother's, so we're really having some fun. It'll fly by and before I know it, it'll be time for my trip! :thumbsup2

I may not be as picky when it comes to a particular bag for Disney, but I have major issues when it comes to what shoulder I carry it on. :lmao: I have a 15 min. walk from Grand Central to my office and have an entire plan for when I have to switch shoulders. Really serious issues! I'm definitely a weirdo. :)

Okay, that deserves some :worship::worship::worship:

I bow down to your bag wearing prowess.

Seriously. Maybe you could help me develop a strategy for wearing my bagg. ;)

Been not so active lately, so have missed a fair amount of bag discussion. I so go back and forth over bag, or no bag. Lanyard with important stuff and camera in hand, or lots of extra stuff like bandaids and aspirin.

So, I guess the first thing for me to do, is make up my mind on that, THEN I can tackle the next all-important question... WHAT bag...

Oh, I'm very, very NOT ready to go there yet.

But, I do like your bag and all it's photo-ness glory. You'll look great with it! Not that a bag would make you look great, you already do, I guess. But having not seen you...:rolleyes1

Been not so active lately, so have missed a fair amount of bag discussion. I so go back and forth over bag, or no bag. Lanyard with important stuff and camera in hand, or lots of extra stuff like bandaids and aspirin.

Honestly, you're better off having missed most of that conversation. If I could get more wishy-washy, I'd be surprised. :lmao:

So, I guess the first thing for me to do, is make up my mind on that, THEN I can tackle the next all-important question... WHAT bag...

Oh, I'm very, very NOT ready to go there yet.

I hear you! I'm here, and I don't want to be here.

But, I do like your bag and all it's photo-ness glory. You'll look great with it! Not that a bag would make you look great, you already do, I guess. But having not seen you...:rolleyes1

My goodness, you are all quite a wily bunch. Dying to see my almost thirty year old mug, eh? ;)

By the by, I did a trial run with the bagg, and I'll be posting my thoughts shortly.

Maroo, are you happy now? :lmao:

Okay, folks. I did a dry run with the Bagg today. DS and I had a full day. Let me share it with you.

First we went to the dentist. It's a long story, but DS has a crack in one of his teeth. We were worried, but it's nothing to be worried about, but I'm glad I took him. Because now our dentist has a frame of reference, so when he has his next cleaning, if it's gotten worse we can reassess it then. He's not in any pain at all and hasn't shown any sensitivity to hot or cold, so we're just going to brush real good and hope for the best.

As to those of you who are wondering how my four year old got a crack in his tooth without us knowing? Well, we don't know. :lmao: Honestly, one day not there, next day, there. Very, very strange. We do have an issue with him absentmindedly putting toys in his mouth while he's watching TV, so it's possible he could have bit down on something, or eaten something hard, who knows. Thank goodness we don't have to have it pulled. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it stays that way.

Now our dentist appointment was at 945, and I was dying to make it back to our hometown (the dentist is one town away, 15-20 mintues) for a preschool story hour at the library that started at 1015. Fortunately, the dentist was quick, so DS picked a prize, and we booked it back to our town and the library. And we made it!

Now the joy of this story hour is that you leave your child there for the hour, and they're read to and do little activities with the children's librarian. Very, very nice. I got some serious browsing done while he was in there. And he loved it, too, so that was a bonus!

Now keep in mind, the baggalini is packed. With everything. Like we're going on vacation. And I've been wearing it all morning. I wore it to the dentist, wore it around the library, and right before I was going to retrieve him from the story room, I put the bagg in the car.

Let's say I wore it for about...2 hours max.

It hurt.

A lot. I had a red mark on my shoulder (I'm wearing a tank today), and it was pulling. Not on my back, but on my shoulder.

You know what? It's a great bag. It's totally not right for me. It's unfortunate, but there you have it. It's not right for me. Because it hurts, and that people, is the key. Also, it felt quite inconvenient to have to flip it around to get my wallet or whatever I needed from it. It's not like the old messenger I had where I can just shift it from my backside to my hip to the front of me so easily.

So now I've got a new game plan. Return the baggalini asap, and march myself right over to the LLBean website. At the advice of eandesmom (did I spell that right), and at my own inner wisdom, I'm going to buy a LLBean backpack for this trip. I'm sick of buying $10 bags that only last us one trip. It's a waste of money. I'd rather buy something good that will last, and comes with a lifetime guarantee so that if we are the most destructive people on the planet and somehow manage to ruin our new backpack in eight days, we can easily return it and get a new one.

So here's the idea. We're going to wait until DS wakes up from his nap and let him pick the color. Then I'll get the pack monogrammed with his initials. If it lasts, he can use it when he goes to kindergarten and so on and so forth.

The only dilemma I have is whether or not to get the original backpack or the deluxe. The deluxe model has one more zippered compartment. We all know how OCD I am about keeping everything separate. So it's something to think about.

Which means in regard to me, we're back to square one. Would I love a new Vera? Sure. Would I love a hipster? Sure. Do I need a new bag? Nope. Am I watching a bazillion different Veras on Ebay right now? Yeah, why not.

So we'll see. How the chips fall. Where they lay. What happens. You know.

Bag drama. Don't you love it? :confused3

To end on a good note though, I have to say, today is the second time I've worn my black Keen sandals out and they feel really good, very, very supportive. So that's a plus, my friends.

Poor DH. He almost got away with me carrying everything.

Almost. ;)

You know what I just realized? If I'm going to go back to school, does that mean I can have a new LLBean backpack? :rotfl2:

No bag drama for me. I order one. I like it. I keep it. I'm a brat, I know. The whole freakin' strap on this bag is padded! (it's LL Bean too)

I just got the Land's End Kids Backpack cat-o-log.....whollie mollie...tons of backpacks to choose from. I have a free shipping code. PM if you need it.

It hurt.

A lot. I had a red mark on my shoulder (I'm wearing a tank today), and it was pulling. Not on my back, but on my shoulder.

:(

So now I've got a new game plan. Return the baggalini asap, and march myself right over to the LLBean website. At the advice of eandesmom (did I spell that right), and at my own inner wisdom, I'm going to buy a LLBean backpack for this trip. I'm sick of buying $10 bags that only last us one trip. It's a waste of money. I'd rather buy something good that will last, and comes with a lifetime guarantee so that if we are the most destructive people on the planet and somehow manage to ruin our new backpack in eight days, we can easily return it and get a new one.

lol! yes, you spelled it right :)
Hey, one cool thing you might like (I do!) there is a key clip in the front pocket, I attach the boys wallets to theirs, it's fabu!

Do I need a new bag? Nope. Am I watching a bazillion different Veras on Ebay right now? Yeah, why not.

To end on a good note though, I have to say, today is the second time I've worn my black Keen sandals out and they feel really good, very, very supportive. So that's a plus, my friends.

Poor DH. He almost got away with me carrying everything.

:rotfl2:

No bag drama for me. I order one. I like it. I keep it. I'm a brat, I know. The whole freakin' strap on this bag is padded! (it's LL Bean too)

Geez. Why do you have no bag drama? It's so not fair!!!! Mo-om!!! ;)

Just kidding. Wow, how padded is the strap? And which size did you order? I went to check those out and saw they came in two different sizes. And LOTS of different prints. :thumbsup2

I just got the Land's End Kids Backpack cat-o-log.....whollie mollie...tons of backpacks to choose from. I have a free shipping code. PM if you need it.

Huh. I'll go on their website, check it out, and let you know. Thanks. :goodvibes

Hey, one cool thing you might like (I do!) there is a key clip in the front pocket, I attach the boys wallets to theirs, it's fabu!

Hey, you would know this. Where can I get a little wallet for my son? Keeping in mind that he's four. I just want something he can carry cash and coin in. We're starting to work on saving our own money to buy toys we want, and I'd really love to have a wallet for him.

Poor DH. He'll find out all about it when he gets home. :rotfl:

:lmao:

No...I don't lurk on your TR waiting for you to leave the door W I D E open for me to throw in some popcorn. It was just something that was too good to resist!

In fact...I just realized that I am in invisible mode and my darn green light is not even on. That must really make you wonder. She was just here...and now she is gone. :confused3 Sorry about that.

I am sad the Bagg has gotta go. Mine is so comfy that I am shocked. :eek:

I definitely think you need to get your own backback for school and send HRH with a cheap Walmart one. He is going to want his "own" new backpack every single year he goes to school anyway. It is so much fun to shop for school stuff and "I already got you a backpack" and "Your backpack from last year is just fine" won't always work. :laughing:

But your books are going to be heavy! So you will NEED the nice one. ;)

Somehow I just ended up with a pair of shoes and 2 t-shirts from Lands End...dang cat-o-logs!

:lmao:

No...I don't lurk on your TR waiting for you to leave the door W I D E open for me to throw in some popcorn. It was just something that was too good to resist!

In fact...I just realized that I am in invisible mode and my darn green light is not even on. That must really make you wonder. She was just here...and now she is gone. :confused3 Sorry about that.

You know, I have been wondering for days why it looks like you're never online. Now I know. :lmao:

I am sad the Bagg has gotta go. Mine is so comfy that I am shocked. :eek:

Different strokes.

I definitely think you need to get your own backback for school and send HRH with a cheap Walmart one. He is going to want his "own" new backpack every single year he goes to school anyway. It is so much fun to shop for school stuff and "I already got you a backpack" and "Your backpack from last year is just fine" won't always work. :laughing:

But your books are going to be heavy! So you will NEED the nice one. ;)

Actually, I was debating this very fact with my mom. She told me to put my initials on the bag. She said you could still let him pick the color. I said, heck no! If it's going to be my bookbag, it's going to be a color I like! :rotfl2:

And it is good for DS to have his own backpack, but you're right, kids do change their minds. Much more readily than I would, I think.

Ooo, this is exciting. I can't wait to show my DH the different choices when he gets home. Only another hour to go. :thumbsup2

I am glad that you figured out the baggalini will not work for you. I need to go back and look at your shoes. I really need some new ones and yours sound like they might work for me. I need some support for my feet.

Also I love my LL Bean Bag. Ihave had mine since college and it still looks new. I get 1/3 off because my dad works there.

I bought tickets today for our flight to Orlando. They were only $84 a person!!!:banana::banana::banana: Now it seems like we really are going. As a bonus we are now going 2 days early!!!!!!!

Hey, you would know this. Where can I get a little wallet for my son? Keeping in mind that he's four. I just want something he can carry cash and coin in. We're starting to work on saving our own money to buy toys we want, and I'd really love to have a wallet for him.

Why....the Disney store, of course! I also put ID info in there in case (god forbid) something happens, phone number info and a picture (usually a sports trading card lol).

Although interestingly enough, I just peeked online and didn't see any!

I think other ones we've just stumbled across at Target and places like that. Now of course DS10 has moved into "cool" ones (heaven forbid he still used the power rangers). They are one of those things that should be easy to find, but aren't.

I'd probably just search within amazon based on a character and you will likely find something.

DS8 has a cars one but it is different from both of these!

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Cars-Wallet-bifold-wallet/dp/B000S2KYOC
http://cgi.ebay.com/McQUEEN-&-MATER...ixar-CARS_W0QQitemZ270233245249QQcmdZViewItem

Ok now I really need to test my new baggalini out and see if I feel the same way. I can deal with a little inconvenience, but I can't deal with pain! I'm also on the shoe hunt, but first bag, then shoes. Hmm, I think I may have my priorities backwards?:goodvibes

TK I am saddened that the Bagg didn't work out for you:sad2: I hope that I have better luck with it. Although since I don't have 'little little' kids, I usually pack my park bag lighter than my purse... and believe me...THAT thing kills my shoulder:lmao:

I'll keep in mind to try to keep it light:thumbsup2

hope the Bean is the bag for you!!!

Paula

Awww...TK I'm so sorry to hear your bag didn't work out for you!!!! Hopefully though you will find something that will work and you will be happy with!!!!!

I am glad that you figured out the baggalini will not work for you. I need to go back and look at your shoes. I really need some new ones and yours sound like they might work for me. I need some support for my feet.

If you can't find the right place in my PTR, I can always repost the picture for you. They're the Keen...Newports, I believe. I had to go up a size. I normally wear an 8 in shoes, sometimes an 8.5 in sandals, but to really feel comfy in those I needed a 9, just so you know. I order from places that do free shipping and returns though, so it's easy to exchange sizes.

Also I love my LL Bean Bag. Ihave had mine since college and it still looks new. I get 1/3 off because my dad works there.

I seriously wish I knew where mine was. I can picture it in my head, and I'm trying to remember the last time I had it. That would make my life so much easier if I could find it. :thumbsup2

I bought tickets today for our flight to Orlando. They were only $84 a person!!!:banana::banana::banana: Now it seems like we really are going. As a bonus we are now going 2 days early!!!!!!!

$84! Round Trip???? WOW!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Why....the Disney store, of course! I also put ID info in there in case (god forbid) something happens, phone number info and a picture (usually a sports trading card lol).

Although interestingly enough, I just peeked online and didn't see any!

I'll bet you it's seasonal. Maybe as more back to school stuff comes out.

I think other ones we've just stumbled across at Target and places like that. Now of course DS10 has moved into "cool" ones (heaven forbid he still used the power rangers). They are one of those things that should be easy to find, but aren't.

I'd probably just search within amazon based on a character and you will likely find something.

DS8 has a cars one but it is different from both of these!

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Cars-Wallet-bifold-wallet/dp/B000S2KYOC
http://cgi.ebay.com/McQUEEN-&-MATER...ixar-CARS_W0QQitemZ270233245249QQcmdZViewItem

Thank you so much. I fear you have become my go to person for all these types of questions since your boys are older than my son. I hope you don't mind. :hug:

Ok now I really need to test my new baggalini out and see if I feel the same way. I can deal with a little inconvenience, but I can't deal with pain! I'm also on the shoe hunt, but first bag, then shoes. Hmm, I think I may have my priorities backwards?:goodvibes

See, I'm all about shoes first, then bag.

Wait, did I just say that? :lmao: But that's pretty much the order I went in, so I guess those are my priorities! You know what it is? It's from working at the bank on a concrete floor covered with threadbare carpet that has made me so foot focused.

TK I am saddened that the Bagg didn't work out for you:sad2: I hope that I have better luck with it. Although since I don't have 'little little' kids, I usually pack my park bag lighter than my purse... and believe me...THAT thing kills my shoulder:lmao:

I'll keep in mind to try to keep it light:thumbsup2

Quite frankly, I think it would be a great bag for you! The problem is that I'm putting too much in there. And it's great, it's got the room, but it's not good to carry. For me, anyway. I think if you were using it like a normal purse, it would be awesome.

Awww...TK I'm so sorry to hear your bag didn't work out for you!!!! Hopefully though you will find something that will work and you will be happy with!!!!!

That's okay, Jen! I know I'll find something eventually.

I am TK.

HERE ME ARRRRRR!!!!!!! pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter