Now Bring Me That Horizon ~ It Begins P115

Absolutely. I'd take Edward Cullen on demand any day of the week. :lovestruc

I just loved the film SO much:love: . I was a tad worried about seeing it because I adore the Twilight series so much but I was not disappointed. Though I have to say it felt a little strange for my friend and I to be lusting after the same guy as my 12 year old daughter and her BFF :blush: :rotfl2:

Absolutely. I'd take Edward Cullen on demand any day of the week. :lovestruc

Edward, Jack, I'm not fussy.

I just loved the film SO much:love: . I was a tad worried about seeing it because I adore the Twilight series so much but I was not disappointed. Though I have to say it felt a little strange for my friend and I to be lusting after the same guy as my 12 year old daughter and her BFF :blush: :rotfl2:

That would be a bit weird. :)

Okay, the mental image I just got of this is priceless. :rotfl:

:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Can I be greedy and ask for both;) ?

That would be a bit weird. :)

In my defense Edward IS closer to my age as he has been 17 for a VERY long time. It was so funny, the four of us walked out of the movie theatre and all gave a very big longing sigh at the same time:cloud9: ....there's nothing like mother/daughter bonding over sexy vampires is there:rotfl2: ?

In my defense Edward IS closer to my age as he has been 17 for a VERY long time. It was so funny, the four of us walked out of the movie theatre and all gave a very big longing sigh at the same time:cloud9: ....there's nothing like mother/daughter bonding over sexy vampires is there:rotfl2: ?

:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

I think I'm the last to everyone's party...another TK trip...I can't wait to hear more about it YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never thought of it that way. We'll just have to call you a cougar from now on. Then again that would make me one too. :lmao:

Oh. My. Goodness.

:love:

It's getting warm in here just thinking about it. With the exercise I'd be looking pretty good. Skinny and toned. Sounds like a good plan. :thumbsup2

I think we could seriously market this. :thumbsup2

So...I don't have dates for that...but it should be mid-October...so...I hope you are there the same time we are! That would be so cool!!! :)

Aw, you like me.

You really, really like me.

Sorry totally off topic there.....so tell me TK, it looks like all the cool kids are going to the World in October, will you be joining them or are you going to go all pirate: , buck the trend and go in August when us not so cool kids are doing the Disney thang;) ?

I'm a little nervous to post my dates now! I'm afraid of disappointing everyone! :lmao:

I think I'm the last to everyone's party...another TK trip...I can't wait to hear more about it YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:welcome: dearie! Even if you're one of the last, that doesn't mean you're not one of the best!!! :goodvibes Happy to have you here.

Alright.

I know I'm a pirate.

It's pretty obvious by now. And I know that once you post something on the internet, it's out there for all to see. And much like spoken words, it can't be taken back.

My feelings were a little hurt this morning. I'll admit I was a proponent in the debate, and I instigated a bit. I know that. Nevertheless, the good captain is something that's very important to me. Pirates is a way of life in this house. And it's near and dear to our hearts. And it's an integral part of the way that I write these trip / pre trip reports.

Which makes it an integral part of me. So what I'm saying is, I'm feeling a little defensive.

You all don't have to love Jack Sparrow as much as I do. I don't even know if that's really possible.

But, without sounding like an absolute wretch, may I please gently remind my lovely readers that this is my pre trip report?

I had a really hard time deciding to write this. I have a lot going on personally, and I'm not even sure if we're going to end up taking this trip. So far, I'm planning on going, but a lot of things that are up in the air right now may prevent that.

And writing a pre trip report is making an emotional investment. And that was very, very, very hard for me to do. I actually timed this specifically to coincide with the ending of A Pirate's Life for Three. Looking to the future, now bring me that horizon. Savvy?

So, if at all possible, can we get this ship steering back in the direction of the details of a pre trip report. Please, please, please, don't take offense. I love you all and our discourse very much. But we have almost five pages, and only two actual posts about the trip. Part of that is my doing, and I apologize. And please, I know it's easy for any of us to sidetrack, but almost feeling like, okay, when do I get to post about the trip?

And if we're going to have a friendly banter, let's try to keep it on the Lapuette thread. I really don't want to offend the mods.

And please remember, I'm only human after all. This tough Jack Sparrow exterior only goes so deep.

Thanks, and my apologies.

~TK~

yes, I like you. :)

you are so funny. you make me laugh. and smile. and think!

I hear ya on your comments above. I was thinking, though, that your report was so popular! 5 pages already! :)

I sort of scrolled on past all of the discussion, though, so I missed it. ? Once I get lost, I usually just skip it. :)

But hugs to you, my friend! It's all good!! :) :hug:

:grouphug: and group hug to everyone else! :)

yes, I like you. :)

I figured. :lmao:

Otherwise, what are you doing here? ;)

you are so funny. you make me laugh. and smile. and think!

Oh, thank you. I didn't mean for anyone to have to give me an ego boost, but that's very nice of you.

But hugs to you, my friend! It's all good!! :) :hug:

:grouphug: and group hug to everyone else! :)

Thank you again. :hug:

I know you're all dying to know my dates.

Especially since there's no ticker, and I've kept them a secret for this long!

The truth is that I booked bounceback all the way back on my September trip. It's so funny to think that was only three months ago. I was reflecting on that with Tink this weekend. It seems like so much longer, savvy? Seems like I've known her forever, that we didn't "meet" for the first time at Citrico's three short months ago. Isn't it crazy how time can do that to you?

How it can change you?

And speaking of time, and how it changes you, I'm sure you're all wondering not only when we're setting sail but what exactly this voyage is in celebration of.

Because even before Disney revealed that all too relevant theme, oh, dear friends, this trip was in celebration of something.

And that something is a certain someone's as yet unspeakable birthday.

Don't worry. Eventually I'll type out the age I'm turning in 2009. I swear. At some point. That is if I haven't joined Jack Sparrow on his quest for the Fountain of Youth. Oh the fun I would have on a small boat with the good captain...

I digress...ahem.

Anyway, that's why were going. TK is hitting a milestone! And doing it with style. In the World. And that's why the whole family is going.

Now they won't all be there the whole time. Nana is adjunct faculty at a local university, and most likely will not be able to take the whole trip with us. In all likelihood she'll come down for the weekend. The same goes for my father. It's questionable whether or not he'd be able to get that much time off from work, so most likely, he'll be doing the weekend thing as well.

So your core people for most of the trip are me, DH, DS, Mom and FIL. Then Dad and Nana will join us, and that'll make us one big ole happy clan for the weekend.

Are you ready?

Do you want to know when we set sail?

Have I dragged it out long enough yet?

Pirate. pirate:

We're booked September 29th - October 4th, 2009.

Oh yes. That's 6 heavenly days in Walt Disney World. At the end of September / beginning of October. With free dining. And MNSSHP. And my favorite, favorite fall decorations. AND FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL!!!!

Am I excited? You betcha!

Even though I won't be in the World exactly on my birthday, I am stoked for this trip. Stoked. I've already got a tentative itinerary. Tentative dining plans. Tentative must-dos.

So for the trip I really didn't want to be emotionally invested in, I've got a lot planned.

I guess it's time to go get a ticker now. :lmao:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Yippee! You are going to LOVE Food and Wine! And happy birthday celebration to you! Hitting a milestone and doing it in style.... I think it all sounds PERFECT! :goodvibes

And how on earth did you manage to keep this a secret for three months??? :worship:

I'm looking forward to planning with you. :)

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Yippee! You are going to LOVE Food and Wine! And happy birthday celebration to you! Hitting a milestone and doing it in style.... I think it all sounds PERFECT! :goodvibes

I've been to Food and Wine before, but not for a very, very long time. I'm really looking forward to sharing that with everyone, but mostly, my FIL. I think he'll really have a blast tasting all the different little things, and he's a great one to be adventurous with. That man is just willing to go with anything! :goodvibes

And how on earth did you manage to keep this a secret for three months??? :worship:

Honestly, I have no idea. :lmao:

I'm looking forward to planning with you. :)

Me, too! :goodvibes

Great dates....I've gone myself during that time period.

I know how old you will be turning....I won't tell....but it's a great decade, I should know, I'm in the middle of mine!

Great dates....I've gone myself during that time period.

I'm very excited, because it's putting me closer to better weather, and a fun time in general, you know?

I know how old you will be turning....I won't tell....but it's a great decade, I should know, I'm in the middle of mine!

I just feel like I'm hitting the end of an era. And it's mostly a good thing, you know? It's just letting go of a certain part of life and moving on, hopefully to better things, new phases.

I think that's why I've become such a clean out freak lately. Time to let go of the past and welcome my future! Bring me that horizon, ha ha!!! :goodvibes

Those dates sound wonderful! :goodvibes

Your FIL sounds just like my DH's aunt. She's the most even-tempered person I've ever met, and alway up for anything. We were tubing at the lake one time and asked her if she wanted to. Her reply? "Sure, you're only 55 once!" I try to be like her now, and I'm not even close to her age. Such a great attitude!

That's such a perfect time to visit. I have a co-worker planning her honeymoon in October to Disney, and I think I overwhelmed her by waxing rhapsodic about Food and Wine and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween -- I may have even started my own wheels turning about an October trip -- I so missed not going this past year.

we had a BLAST in October last year!

But we are going to miss each other by just a few days, it looks like...

So....do we know FOR SURE we will have Free Dining during that time frame? Or is that something you got with the bounceback. We have never stayed in our name, so we have never had the bounceback opportunity.

I am looking forward to reading more! :)

Your FIL sounds just like my DH's aunt. She's the most even-tempered person I've ever met, and alway up for anything. We were tubing at the lake one time and asked her if she wanted to. Her reply? "Sure, you're only 55 once!" I try to be like her now, and I'm not even close to her age. Such a great attitude!

Isn't it great to vacation with someone like that? :goodvibes

That's such a perfect time to visit. I have a co-worker planning her honeymoon in October to Disney, and I think I overwhelmed her by waxing rhapsodic about Food and Wine and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween -- I may have even started my own wheels turning about an October trip -- I so missed not going this past year.

Ha ha! You overwhelmed her with your enthusiasm. Honestly, it is a fantastic time to go. I haven't been in October in years.

we had a BLAST in October last year!

But we are going to miss each other by just a few days, it looks like...

So....do we know FOR SURE we will have Free Dining during that time frame? Or is that something you got with the bounceback. We have never stayed in our name, so we have never had the bounceback opportunity.

I am looking forward to reading more! :)

So far there's no public code. This is just something that I booked with bounceback during my September trip. I'll get into more details once I reveal my resort. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter