November 25th, 2016 - Black Friday on the Wonder

Happy Monday! Only 9 more Monday's to go!! It looks like the Wonder is safely nestled in her dry dock berth in Caldiz. I believe we're the third sailing after dry dock, so hopefully all the kinks will be worked out. It looks like DCL allotted more time for this dry dock than they did for the Magic reimagining.
I love the single digit countdown vs. the 60+ days it really is - makes it sound so much closer than it is! They were talking on my PC cruise that the Wonder is due back at Port Canaveral on 11/5 I think. Sounds like there is a cast member/family cruise before the first Galveston cruise. This is why I booked at the end of November cause I am giving DCL time to figure it out so I can still cruise:boat:
In other news, I counted the rooms still available for our cruise and it was only 50. Not sure they will do any kind of sale since there is so few rooms but you never know. My sister is thinking of going but it would have to be a GT or other sale for that to happen. Love her but I am not helping to pay the prices DCL wants now!

I kinda doubt that they will run a sale with only 50 cabins available. Having a completely full ship removes the opportunity for upgrades at port and limits (or eliminates) their options if there's some type of problem with a guest cabin. With 875 cabins problems do occasionally happen.

If lifeboats are full they'll leave empty cabins. Or if the kids' clubs are full they'll show the cruise sold out for those traveling with kids. We can hope for port upgrades, but last time we went out of Galveston they didn't offer any even though the ship wasn't full.

You don't see many people post here anymore about port upgrades. Oh well, if she books it at least I will get more warning than the last time - that was less than a week before the cruise.

I'm planning to get a map of the course and see if I can convince DH to walk it with me. But we may be chasing grand girls. We're not making many firm plans.

Where can we get more information about the 5k? I'd like to know the route, start time, is there a fee and sign up/registration?
http://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/runDisney-Castaway-Cay-5K-Map.jpg Not sure if this link will stay but if you do a search on the internet the map will come up. I think it is free and you sign up onboard at guest relations but I've nevertheless done it so I could be wrong. It may be listed in the first Navigator you will get at check in :confused3
Where are all the FE participants? Want to finalize our group (group 3) so we can finish our FE gift shopping.
Well, 9 out of 10 isn't bad. The waiting for that last one person seems to be dragging though. I wish I had better news but no one seems to be looking for us and it may just end up staying as is. I have to give it until a month before sailing as that is the rule I set back in December when the FE started, sorry:guilty:

Where can we get more information about the 5k? I'd like to know the route, start time, is there a fee and sign up/registration?
Last time I walked it, we just signed up at guest services then met the morning of. There was no fee. I walked it (with a family we met on disboards) while my husband went fishing...

I wonder if I can do it with my daughter in the backpack carrier...

Last time I walked it, we just signed up at guest services then met the morning of. There was no fee. I walked it (with a family we met on disboards) while my husband went fishing...

I wonder if I can do it with my daughter in the backpack carrier...
Thanks for the link. Nice map! I would be walking as well but wondered if able to take my granddaughter with me in an umbrella stroller? The terrain may not allow for comfortable ride in the stroller so may just go it alone.

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/runDisney-Castaway-Cay-5K-Map.jpg Not sure if this link will stay but if you do a search on the internet the map will come up. I think it is free and you sign up onboard at guest relations but I've nevertheless done it so I could be wrong. It may be listed in the first Navigator you will get at check in :confused3

Well, 9 out of 10 isn't bad. The waiting for that last one person seems to be dragging though. I wish I had better news but no one seems to be looking for us and it may just end up staying as is. I have to give it until a month before sailing as that is the rule I set back in December when the FE started, sorry:guilty:
No problem, just trying to stir up some FE activity!

Thanks for the link with Castaway Cay 5k map!!!

Thanks for the link. Nice map! I would be walking as well but wondered if able to take my granddaughter with me in an umbrella stroller? The terrain may not allow for comfortable ride in the stroller so may just go it alone.
I started a thread about walking the CC 5K with a baby in tow. I'll let you know what becomes of it--maybe others have walked it with a child in a stroller

I started a thread about walking the CC 5K with a baby in tow. I'll let you know what becomes of it--maybe others have walked it with a child in a stroller
What's the name of the thread and I'll set it up to watch. Maybe there's a group of "walkers" we can join.

What's the name of the thread and I'll set it up to watch. Maybe there's a group of "walkers" we can join.
I think it was 'castaway cat 5k with baby.' Depending on what we hear...I'm game for setting up a walking group

60 days to go!! My daughter's passport arrived yesterday, so she's officially ready to be an international traveler! Unfortunately my hour spent attempting to repair the vacuum means I'll have to work on FE gifts after my daughter is in bed tonight...

60 days to go!! My daughter's passport arrived yesterday, so she's officially ready to be an international traveler! Unfortunately my hour spent attempting to repair the vacuum means I'll have to work on FE gifts after my daughter is in bed tonight...
:cool1: Get her started early on seeing the world. I would say there is no rush to getting the FE stuff done but we are now at 2 months to go! My gifts are packed and ready for their road trip to Texas and now it's just waiting until the 23rd when I fly to Houston.

Thanks for the 5K map. Looks to me like it's really a 2.5K with an out and back to make it 5K. That creates several opportunities for folks with babies, strollers or those of us who are just slow to shorten the route if needed by walking out than taking the tram back, or walking the full route out and skipping the observation tower loop on the way back. We rode bikes out to the observation tower on our last cruise. Kind of nice and away from the crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter