November 2015 PTR: Tis the pre-season! COMPLETE

Volunteer

Mouseketeer

Hello everyone, and welcome to my first PRE trip report! I’ve enjoyed reading many of your trip reports (although I will say I very rarely read pre trip reports), so I decided it’s time to return the favor.
My name is John, I’m a 32 year old single Disney nut from Nashville, TN! Usually I’m on the disboards reading the trip report boards for WDW, DL, and/or Disney Cruise. Occasionally I will head over to the Adults and Solo section to answer any questions people may have. I’m not a stranger to solo trips so I enjoy encouraging people to take them if they are hesitant. :)
Walt Disney World has been mine and my family's happy place for as long as I can remember. The biggest regret I had in my college years was not enrolling in the college program when I was accepted. So, I think one day I’ll probably retire to Florida and enjoy working in the parks in my golden years!
In my “normal life”, I work in Internal Audit for a Fortune 125 company here in town. I enjoy sports (Tennessee Vols, Nashville Predators, and Atlanta Braves), exploring Nashville, all genres of music, and traveling! Earlier this year I was able to visit London and Scotland, and it was an incredible time. Also have tentative plans to make it to Disneyland Paris next summer.
Speaking of traveling, earlier this year I wrote a one day trip report on my visit to Disneyland. Shameless plug: go here and check it out! It was a great day :)
Some favorites of mine, comment and let me know your favorites!

Favorite Disney Park: DisneySea, but on this side of the country I’ll go Disneyland!
Favorite Disney Ride: Tower of Terror (at any of the parks I’ve encountered), Space Mountain (Nostalgia :)), and Soarin (really excited for the new “soarin over the world” next year!)
Favorite Disney character: It’s been Goofy since I was a boy but Mickey is great too!​
Favorite Disney movie: Lion King, Aladdin, and Mary Poppins.
Favorite Disney restaurant: Ohana dinner! I’ve had some wonderful memories made at that dinner, and I hope to stay at the Poly one day.
Favorite Disney Cruise chip: I’m a technology geek, so I have to go with the Fantasy! Although I love the Dream and Magic as well (have not been on the Wonder yet).​
As soon as I finish this entry I’m going to start watching the Walt Disney documentary on PBS! Part one is tonight and part two is tomorrow!
Here are a few pictures of me at …

WDW

ftI6AvrkzWv_1om3f2ClIYyJs7Bm9Ph7RVcaoRO94wTog6hjPd65dpDIQo1hI1kJIYUS_RVOZXl6gv9VHjf0VAZTLI28g3pCddmSXkumtVFRVYr1ikVDzmn8JfkyrTsKHg=s1600

Disneyland

f7bwNSN4_8P4RdjQmegu7GzDn9r4uIJqrZG_9qM3rNJG2RqPTQ9FUYxGpfUQS23pw5QdPZg8tB1QxL0RgLdzpxY-DOrDiLjzeTJtVCYO09rgqfZeESpHY89vwz6tXS-RRis=s1600

Disney Cruise
sKouckcTqNuL_PTBr3Qz3hiPpwdcPKtl4STXqAasJyX7OAl6RxrAIsgGakcpUXaKwr_zBfnftEOavR_5rMf2cKlT668iTwvf2vIedXUHOOBd7AjiicmFAMtE8KGH606b=s1600

2013 D23 Convention

MYaWNPJBBlpvOu-Y0PGT6lxP9c0OTY8QCOoIJBTZk9Z4w4MHFqks05ECAmK0yWnZOblB80mvqrpZPuVfutteW5I33MvahdmAwenFHJo3bxEGejiUDucWK1Rs4FIWeo1u=s1600

Tokyo Disneyland

wGHAt_MdyNZ7i0QYCD9Hqkpk5USNLni9bNZp2S7oIgPfR3wnxKrvNirls1zGK4vXC9vmpJrvpXaDJl_0yibDu6iylFyFgxWRII2yjAGn1oyOkCZl_PXZycUvAUx72JN3TA=s1600

So, enough about me, let me tell you about my trip!
THE PLAN:

WHO: Myself and some family friends. They invited me to tag along on their trip, so I graciously accepted. I’ll be with them some, and other times I’ll be exploring solo.

WHAT: I don’t feel like this really applies :rotfl:
WHEN: November 5th through November 9th. I’ll fly in to MCO late on the 5th and leave early evening on the 9th.
WHERE: Walt Disney World (and probably an afternoon at Universal Studios). More specific, my first two nights will be off site since I have hotel points that will eliminate the cost of the room. The last two nights SHOULD be on site (that’s the plan), and I’m hoping that doesn’t change (you’ll eventually see why!).
WHY: Again, is this really necessary? Ha! I’m visiting with family friends that invited me. But more specifically, I have some “must dos” that may or may not get accomplished on this trip. Here are a few:
  • I’m pretty sure I’m only going to rely on Uber the first couple of days on my trip instead of renting a car. I want to see how the costs and conveniences play out.
  • I’m really excited to walk around the new hub in Magic Kingdom. Tokyo Disneyland has a similar sized hub, and it was really nice to have all the extra space.
  • Very excited to visit Trader Sam's for a drink or two (or ten :)).
  • It would be nice if the Jungle Cruise restaurant is open then, but I’m not counting on it.
  • I really want to slow down and “smell the roses”. I do this every trip, but I never feel like I do enough of it.
  • My friends will have little ones (3 year old and a 21 month old), so it will be nice to travel with them and see it all through their eyes.
  • Possibly my first Christmas Party. No decision has been made there yet, but it will sell out so that decision needs to be made soon.
  • The last year of Osborne Lights.
  • Ohana Dinner
  • Jiko Dinner
  • Maybe exploring Disney Springs - MAYBE. It’s been such a disaster the past few years because of construction, it will be nice to see some of it being complete.
  • Among many other things!!
Honestly, I’m really excited just to be there. A lot of my favorites have closed recently (Animation Academy :(), but that brings progress and I’m so excited for the future of the parks (Disney and Universal parks). Competition is only a good thing, and we as consumers only stand to benefit :thumbsup2. I’ve already had a few people tell me we are going when Star Wars land opens haha.
I hope you join me on my adventure and PLEASE comment if you’re reading - if only to say hi! I think it’s exciting that people want to read about my trips!
See ya real soon!

-John​

Hi John!!! Long time no... um, read? :laughing: But I'm hoping to sign on for a few new TRs/PTRs and get back onto the Dis. I just couldn't face how behind I'd gotten and the thought of catching up is still really daunting to think about. Anyway, I'm here now! Hope you've had a great summer! :goodvibes

I'm here too! I watched (and recorded) the first part of the Walt show...I found it very interesting. A lot of it I knew, but some I did not, so looking forward to watching the second half...although it may be later in the week (it will be recorded too).

I so wish I was going this fall/winter. I have never been when the Christmas decorations have been in full swing (been once in early Jan) I can't wait to hear more about your plans!

lynn

Hi John!!! Long time no... um, read? :laughing: But I'm hoping to sign on for a few new TRs/PTRs and get back onto the Dis. I just couldn't face how behind I'd gotten and the thought of catching up is still really daunting to think about. Anyway, I'm here now! Hope you've had a great summer! :goodvibes

Hi Tracy! :wave: Good to see you back here! Thanks for following along - you'll get to see some of my pictures first since they will premiere on my FB feed more than likely :)

Hi John! Following along! We are going in November as well :)

Hi deedee2177, thanks for following along! I'll have to check out your not one, but two PTRs. How brave of you to start two! I have tentative plans for trips in early 2016 so I may have to do the same!

I'm here too! I watched (and recorded) the first part of the Walt show...I found it very interesting. A lot of it I knew, but some I did not, so looking forward to watching the second half...although it may be later in the week (it will be recorded too).

I so wish I was going this fall/winter. I have never been when the Christmas decorations have been in full swing (been once in early Jan) I can't wait to hear more about your plans!

lynn
Hi Lynn! I watched the first hour and twenty minutes last night, so I'm hoping to finish all at some point this week.

The Christmas decorations are top notch - you clearly need to schedule your next trip during that time. Hope things are the store are going well :)

Last year of the Osborne Lights? I just learned about these and planning a winter 2017 trip, sad we won't be able to see them :(

So today I learned that Uber does not pick up at MCO - I'm sure Mears has NOTHING to do with that ... :rolleyes1:laughing:

HOWEVER, I was able to find a Shuttle service to my hotel for around $20 which is what an Uber would have cost.

Again, for those of you just tuning in, my first couple of days will be off site and I don't want the hassle of driving or renting a car. I'd rather just have someone else drive me then drive myself. :goodvibes Plus, I don't have to get quarters together for tolls! :car:

Actually, I think the Uber not picking up at an airport is a universal thing. I am from Chicago and I know people who have gone across to the hotel to contact Uber. It's an airport regulation.

Actually, I think the Uber not picking up at an airport is a universal thing. I am from Chicago and I know people who have gone across to the hotel to contact Uber. It's an airport regulation.

I think it varies by city. I've been picked up in Nashville, Tampa, and New York - while I know at LAX they just got approved to pick up a month or so ago. Las Vegas just got approval as well last week.

Either way, I didn't want to take a shuttle off airport to get a ride. I'm not in a hurry my first night so I'm glad I found an "easy" solution :)

Hello everyone! I hope you all have had a nice weekend!

I'm actually in Tampa this weekend visiting friends, and this evening we are driving to Orlando for Universal's Halloween Horror Nights! I may be able to post some of this weekends pictures here. I'll stay at Cabana Bay tonight and hang out at Universal tomorrow (taking advantage of my newly renewed annual pass) before I fly back home from MCO. Yes, I'll be in Orlando but no plans to visit Disney! I am offiically the worst dis member ever :rotfl2:

I thought I would update my "daily" plans, which will probably look nothing like the end result :goodvibes

Friday: Universal during the day, Epcot or Animal Kingdom during the afternoon.

Saturday: Hollywood studios in the morning for EMH to get in the big three rides. Epcot or Animal Kingdom, then MK at night.

Sunday: MK, then Hollywood in the evening to see the Osborne Lights. OR we may get a ticket to the Christmas Party, which will change all my current plans haha.

Monday: This is departure day, which is typically dominated by MK. But I could see myself hopping to ride favorites one last time!

We are still getting together ADRs, and I have not bought my park ticket yet so unfortunately no FastPasses yet either. But soon!

Hi, John! :wave:

Just stumbled upon your pre-trip report today. Following along.

I will also be going in November with my friend, but later in the month. :D

This will be my first MVMCP. Also my first, and sadly, last Osborne Lights.

I hope you have a great trip!

Hi, John! :wave:

Just stumbled upon your pre-trip report today. Following along.

I will also be going in November with my friend, but later in the month. :D

This will be my first MVMCP. Also my first, and sadly, last Osborne Lights.

I hope you have a great trip!

Hi MataHari22! Welcome to my report, and thanks for following along!

That's great you'll be going soon! You'll love the Obsorne Lights.

Hi everyone!!

The trip is just around the corner, I leave three weeks from yesterday. My plans have changed a little bit, so I thought I would update this post.

My original plan was to fly in late Thursday night (the 5th), but now I'm boarding an early flight to MCO and I'll arrive at 9:35 AM.

Thursday (5th):
Land, check into hotel, make my way to MGM for the afternoon/evening.
FP+ Tower of Terror 1130-1230,
Toy Story 1230-130, Star Tours 150-250.
No dinner ADRs yet, looked this morning but there wasn't anything standing out at the moment.

Friday (6th):

Universal in the morning and afternoon to hit the highlights.
Epcot in the late afternoon.
FP+ Mission Space, Spaceship Earth, Soarin.
Dinner at Via Napoli! Love that pizza!
We may stay for Illuminations, I've been trying to determine if there are wristbands for VIP Illuminations viewing like the past few years in the Chase lounge. I'm afraid they may not be offered this year :(

Saturday (7th):
Check into onsite hotel (still a secret :))
Animal Kingdom in the morning, probably MK at night.
Dinner plans not set in stone yet.
FP+ Dinosaur, Everest, Safari.

Sunday (8th):
Ohana for breakfast!
I have FP+ for MGM this evening, but I am about to change them to MK. Today will be MK and anything else I feel like doing.

Monday (9th):
Departure day :(
Will probably spent most of the day at MK like most of my departure days.
FP+ Peter Pan, Pirates, Space.
Magical Express will pick me up around 2pm for my 4:55 pm flight back to BNA.

Needless to say, I'm very excited. I've been very busy, and the trip is coming at a great time.

See ya real soon!

John

Hi everyone!

I've hit two weeks to go on the countdown, which is exciting! I've been doing this physically and in my head all day:

:cool1::banana::bounce::jumping1:party::lmao::dance3:::yes:::dancer:

I'm sure some of you can relate. :goodvibes

I wish I had more to report, but basically everything is planned. I have a few things here and there to keep me busy before the trip, but unfortunately not enough to make it come any quicker. Maybe I'll start packing ... not too early, right? :rotfl:

3 weeks from this Saturday Evening we will start our drive to Disney. It's honestly not that bad of a drive from my part of NC...only 8-9 hours (some have it much worse). However, DH and I decided to get a few hours down the road on Saturday Evening so we don't have as far on Sunday and will have more time at Disney!

I've separated our Disney Clothes from our regular clothes but have not started officially packing yet. However, I think I may start packing the non-clothes items this weekend :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter