November 2013 Pin Code Watch

Was anyone else disappointed in the November group rates?

For a family of 4 it looks like the savings aren't really that significant - 15% for a moderate and 20ish% for the deluxe?
Disney pretty much runs those kind of discounts most the time anyway.

I was expecting some deeper discounts. I know there is a free water park or Disney quest ticket but we usually don't do those things anyway, so I'm not sure that sweetens the deal enough for me.

For a family of 4 it looks like the savings aren't really that significant - 15% for a moderate and 20ish% for the deluxe?

I was expecting some deeper discounts. I know there is a free water park or Disney quest ticket but we usually don't do those things anyway, so I'm not sure that sweetens the deal enough for me.

Where are you seeing these discounts?

Sorry - didn't mean to confuse.

Those discounts were negotiated by a travel agent who is putting together a "group" of vacationers in order to give us a group discount during the week of Nov. 16th-24th

I know a lot of us on this thread have been talking to the agent and she just emailed the prices out this morning.

Do you need to sign something that says you will not cancel the reservation? I really don't understand how they can offer a group rate based on number of rooms, because what if Disney comes out with a better discount and half the rooms cancel to book that? I am always leery of any discount that is not offered by Disney directly. That said, I do realize people do this all the time and it works out, but I am just not comfortable with the idea for me.

I am not a person who normally uses a TA, in fact I prefer booking myself but I have to say I booked group discount for Jersey Week thru a TA. My discount on the Poly is about 21% plus I was able to get Tickets at a 10% dscount even cheaper than UT. I doubt the Poly or GF will see the deep discounts(30%) like they are offering for summer plus Jersey Week normally has no discounts.

I like having my trip booked now rather than waiting till late summer for Disney to release a GP offer.

Chime,

I calculated the discounts on the quotes I received assuming I was paying rack rates for tickets and dining and comparing the remainder to rack rates for rooms.

This is what I came up with.

Pop Century 23.9% off rack rate
POR 25.6% off rack rate
WL 30% off rack rate

I don't think the discounts are terrible, but I did think they were going to be a bit better. If free dining were to come out for this time period it would be about twice the discount on these prices for me.

Anybody else who got the quotes have any other thoughts on it?

I felt the same way! I didnt discuss yet w/ DH but to me the savings werent anywhere near what I thought they were going to be. Like you I just dont know if the added tickets to the WP or DQ would be sweet enough to go thru with it. I was also really surprised the only deluxe hotel that was offered was WL. Since we are a family of 5 (and I know that there were others that had 5 or more in thier group) I dont know how the hotels were picked but that was a disappointment as well. :(

Maybe it is a better savings if you get the dining plan? We don't do the DP unless it's free dining. My numbers are probably a little off because I think booking with Disney for a 15-20% discount is usually room only(?) and this I based my discount off the package, so tickets included.

We always book our own vacations and were willing to use an agent if the discounts were there. For this deal, for us, they're just not. :guilty:

I was expecting a better discount as well but I think we are still going to do it. We are a party of 6 and currently have a deluxe room booked at WL. I asked for a quote on two club level WL rooms. Without the discount is would be over $8000 to book the two rooms from Sunday to Saturday with 6 day park hoppers. With the discount it is 7200. Saves me over $800. I did ask what would happen if Disney released a better discount and was told that she would then take me out of the group booking and give the discount from Disney. Since we don't know if or when Disney will release a room discount or if it will even be available on club level for WL if seems best in my situation to do the group deal

Chime,

I calculated the discounts on the quotes I received assuming I was paying rack rates for tickets and dining and comparing the remainder to rack rates for rooms.

This is what I came up with.

Pop Century 23.9% off rack rate
POR 25.6% off rack rate
WL 30% off rack rate

I don't think the discounts are terrible, but I did think they were going to be a bit better. If free dining were to come out for this time period it would be about twice the discount on these prices for me.

Anybody else who got the quotes have any other thoughts on it?
Yes, I received a quote too this morning. I agree with you. Not terrible, but not enough of a discount for this Type A planner to book thru a travel agency.

Was wondering if anyone has the resorts available for the discount with the travel agents

Sent from my iPod touch using DISBoards

disney is my life said:
Was wondering if anyone has the resorts available for the discount with the travel agents

Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, and Wilderness Lodge. There is also the option for concierge level at WL as well as the Royal Room category at POR.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

disney is my life said:

Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, and Wilderness Lodge. There is also the option for concierge level at WL as well as the Royal Room category at POR.

Is it possible for me to get the ta information? I am going 11/30-12/6. I have 3 rooms at cr now but I would move if needed.

Fiveisaparty said:
Is it possible for me to get the ta information? I am going 11/30-12/6. I have 3 rooms at cr now but I would move if needed.

It looks like the only dates available for this rate are 11/16 to 11/24.

Is anyone is still interested in the group discount please let the TA know. We are looking to still participate but she has indicated that no one else has agreed to book so it can not be done as a group rate yet.

I let the TA know that I was ready to book. If I can't get a reservation number before my 180 day mark I'm going to end up booking myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter