NOVEMBER 2012 Trip Planners Part 2~yes there IS another!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anybody else getting 10% pins on a regular basis? I have gotten at least 5. I keep hoping that the next one will be 30%, but no luck yet!

Yes, that was happening to us quite a bit, and then we lucked out with 30% off certain Deluxe or 35% off of Club Level Deluxe

I am also going to be at POR that week in a Royal Room! and I live near Baltimore too...where do you live? Im in Harford County [/quote]

I live in Baltimore County, in Essex. What a small world! I went to C.Milton Wright High in Harford County! i requested Oak Manor and cant wait for the trip! Hope to see you there!!

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

I'm planning just a two night stay before a Disney cruise - and would really love to get a 30% discount for a Deluxe.... I'm surprising my mom with the whole trip - the cruise is paid for... just waiting for those elusive discount codes!! Any idea how long I'll need to wait before the end of Nov/beginning of Dec codes will be released? Or is it just a very cruel waiting game??? :hyper: Coz ... I'm not real good at waiting... *laugh*... especially when it comes to a Disney Getaway! :woohoo::woohoo:

Thanks -

M.

I have not seen a pin since Jan 2010 :furious: It was Good one 40% but we ended up having to cancel our trip that year. :(

I supposedly have one "for my household" right now - never seen an email or snail mail but while purchasing MNSSHP tickets the CM said I had a room discount that was good until 6/9 for 5/31 to 8/14. Figures that once I have my fall trip set in stone I'd have one. Didn't even ask what it was for because there is no way we are going in summer and then back again in October, we live on the west coast so one set of airfare is more than enough thank you!

WOOHOO went ahead and booked Nov.14-23rd!!!!!!!!!!! Now come on free dining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will add it to the list tonight!

I'm planning just a two night stay before a Disney cruise - and would really love to get a 30% discount for a Deluxe.... I'm surprising my mom with the whole trip - the cruise is paid for... just waiting for those elusive discount codes!! Any idea how long I'll need to wait before the end of Nov/beginning of Dec codes will be released? Or is it just a very cruel waiting game??? :hyper: Coz ... I'm not real good at waiting... *laugh*... especially when it comes to a Disney Getaway! :woohoo::woohoo:

Thanks -

M.

No idea :) congrats on your trip/cruise...sounds like fune

I have not seen a pin since Jan 2010 :furious: It was Good one 40% but we ended up having to cancel our trip that year. :(

:mad: neither have we! Now I set up a yahoo account for a friend who also was going with us in 2010...she cancelled her trip and gets every stinking PIN code sent to her yahoo email! :headache: I just want one

I supposedly have one "for my household" right now - never seen an email or snail mail but while purchasing MNSSHP tickets the CM said I had a room discount that was good until 6/9 for 5/31 to 8/14. Figures that once I have my fall trip set in stone I'd have one. Didn't even ask what it was for because there is no way we are going in summer and then back again in October, we live on the west coast so one set of airfare is more than enough thank you!

There was a thread a couple of weeks ago about CMs are not going to be allowed to search for PINS anymore when a customer calls in to ask, which I think is a very bad idea for the reason you just posted. If you do not get it via Snail or E-Mail, then there has to be a way for us as customers to check

When I called in to make my ressie, the CM offered up that I had a pin - I was really surprised because I have never had them do that before. Unfortunately, it wasn't for my dates :mad:

Hey everyone!! I can't believe this thread is already on page 37! :thumbsup2

I called yesterday to change our reservations... we are officially going Nov 11th - Nov 19th, staying at POR. Of course, the resort may change. :rolleyes1

During my phone conversation, I asked about the possibility of FD for Nov, and the CM told me they should be releasing it about a week after the current code ends, which is May 18th. Keeping fingers crossed that we'll see FD by the end of May! :banana: :banana: :banana:

neither have we! Now I set up a yahoo account for a friend who also was going with us in 2010...she cancelled her trip and gets every stinking PIN code sent to her yahoo email! :headache: I just want one

I have a yahoo account and couldn't figure out how everyone was getting Pins. Then I discovered - that if I had just opened all of those Disney Destination emails I was getting - they were buried in them!!! Now I open every single one and read everything! :rotfl:

Here's a little Pixie Dust coming your way for those special emails! pixiedust:pixiedust:

M.

So I've really been working on our itinerary and would appreciate some feedback...

Day 1 - Arrive around around 10am
Epcot
L - CS in Epcot
D - Garden Grille

I know Epcot will be crowded, but we've decided we want to catch the last day of F&W. We'll probably just go for a few hours, have dinner and then head back to the resort to swim and get a good nights rest.

Day 2 - MK/HS
B - CRT
L - CS
D - O'Hana

We'll stay in MK for most of the day, and after dinner we'll hop to HS for the Character Dance Party that only happens during evening EMH.

Day 3 - AK
B - Tusker House
L - CS
D - WCC

Day 4 - HS/MK
B - Hollywood & Vine Play & Dine
L - CS
D - CA Grille

Need thoughts - Our plan is to go to HS for most of the day, but we want to hop over to MK for MSEP, which is scheduled for 7pm. If BOG is open, I may schedule dinner there (or tomorrow); otherwise we'll have dinner at CA Grille then take the monorail to MK. I'm just not sure how early we should eat dinner in order to get a good spot for MSEP. Our other option would be to have a late dinner since tomorrow is a sleep late day. If we do this, what time should I schedule our ADR for after the MSEP? What are your thoughts? Before or after the MSEP? What time?

Day 5 - DTD/MK
B - no ADR
L - T-Rex
D - BOG (if available)

We will be going to the MVMCP so we are just going to sleep late (I'm sure the kids will need the rest), then DH is going to take the kids to the Richard Petty track to watch the cars for a bit, while I go shopping. Then they'll meet me at DTD for lunch at T-Rex. After that, we'll head back to the resort to swim and relax until we got to MVMCP around 4pm.

Day 6 - MK/HS
B - Chef Mickey's
L -
D - Sci Fi Dine In

We are going to sleep late since we'll be out late at the MVMCP the night before, have a late breakfast around 10am at Chef Mickey's, then an early dinner at Sci Fi Dine In before catching Fantasmic!

Day 7 - EP
B - Akershus
L - Chefs de France
D - Teppan Edo

Yep, that's a lot of ADRs for one day, but we'll just have to make it work. Akershus is a must do for DD, and we want to see Remy @ Chefs de France AND try Teppan Edo. Hopefully we can walk it all off. After dinner, we may head over to the Boardwalk to check out the night time entertainment.

Day 8 - MK/HS/EP
B - Crystal Palace
L - CS
D - Via Napoli

Yes, it's going to be a busy day, but it's our last. I've actually thought about going to AK too just so we can say we did 4 parks in one day, but we'll see how much energy we have! Since it's our last day, we'll head to MK first (I have to say buy to the castle), then we'll head to HS for a while, then to Epcot for dinner and to watch Illuminations. If we are able to everything we want at HS earlier in the week, we may just head to EP.

Day 9 - Go home.

So that's it! Day 9 we will head home. :( Please let me know what you think.

Did my ADR's this morning and got them all and when I wanted them!:cool1:

This is my list.....so far:scratchin May make some changes if Be our Guest opens up.

Nov 2nd, arrival day- None, have to wait for flights to plan.

Nov 3rd, None, Downtown Disney and lounging by the pool at AoA

Nov 4th, DHS, Sci Fi, lunch

Nov 5th, Ohana's, breakfast
Le Cellier, lunch

Nov 6th, Crystal Palace, breakfast

Nov 7th, Chef Mickeys, Dinner

Nov 8th, 1900 Park Fare, breakfast
Garden Grill, Dinner

Nov 9th, none, counter service

Nov 10th, Cape May, breakfast

Nov 11th, none leaving : (

I'm so hungry right now!:)

This is my list.....so far:scratchin May make some changes if Be our Guest opens up.

Le Cellier, lunch

Garden Grill, Dinner

:cool1: Looks great I just finished makings all of our adrs too and got all that we wanted including BBB @ 8am :cheer2:

Ok...so I was going to do an ADR-less trip....but I just couldn't help myself!:rotfl: We are dining at Tusker House, Ohana, LeCellier, 50's Primetime, and Crystal Palace. I made my ADRs this morning and got everything I wanted at the exact times I wanted...YAHOO! It's much easier to get the times you want with a party of 2 rather than our normal party of 6! :)

So....now we wait for free dining.....;) We are staying at AoA and I keep having this feeling that FD won't be offered there at FIRST and then included later. I'm a chronic resort changer...so we'll see how it goes!!!

So I've really been working on our itinerary and would appreciate some feedback...

Epcot
L - CS in Epcot
D - Garden Grille

I know Epcot will be crowded, but we've decided we want to catch the last day of F&W. We'll probably just go for a few hours, have dinner and then head back to the resort to swim and get a good nights rest.

Day 2 - MK/HS
B - CRT
L - CS
D - O'Hana

We'll stay in MK for most of the day, and after dinner we'll hop to HS for the Character Dance Party that only happens during evening EMH.

Day 3 - AK
B - Tusker House
L - CS
D - WCC

Day 4 - HS/MK
L - CS
D - CA Grille

Need thoughts - Our plan is to go to HS for most of the day, but we want to hop over to MK for MSEP, which is scheduled for 7pm. If BOG is open, I may schedule dinner there (or tomorrow); otherwise we'll have dinner at CA Grille then take the monorail to MK. I'm just not sure how early we should eat dinner in order to get a good spot for MSEP. Our other option would be to have a late dinner since tomorrow is a sleep late day. If we do this, what time should I schedule our ADR for after the MSEP? What are your thoughts? Before or after the MSEP? What time?
I am not sure how long you normally schedule for your family TS time,..but i always plan on an hour and a half,...you never know how long your server is going to take,..so if you want to do BOG, and see MSEP, you are gonna have to do it pretty early-if you scheduled it for 5:00 and it took you until 6:30, you only have 30 min to find a good spot for the parade...otherwise, maybe try to get it for afterward,...like 7:50? Wishes will be at 8 and lots of people will be coming in to watch that didn't make the parade and you need to navigate over to the restaraunt...can your kids wait to eat that late? Your other option would be just move it up to your lunch time and cut your HS time shorter....Day 5 - DTD/MK
B - no ADR
L - T-Rex
D - BOG (if available)

We will be going to the MVMCP so we are just going to sleep late (I'm sure the kids will need the rest), then DH is going to take the kids to the Richard Petty track to watch the cars for a bit, while I go shopping. Then they'll meet me at DTD for lunch at T-Rex. After that, we'll head back to the resort to swim and relax until we got to MVMCP around 4pm.
Are you scheduling your T-Rex for a late lunch? I am just curious when you say y'all are sleeping late, if you will have time to see the cars and make your ressie--if my kids sleep late, we are talking 9 or later,...and if you have lunch before noon, you may not have much shopping time at DTD--that is always our longest travel time--over there and back...
Day 6 - MK/HS
B - Chef Mickey's
L -
D - Sci Fi Dine In

We are going to sleep late since we'll be out late at the MVMCP the night before, have a late breakfast around 10am at Chef Mickey's, then an early dinner at Sci Fi Dine In before catching Fantasmic!

Day 7 - EP
B - Akershus
L - Chefs de France
D - Teppan Edo

Yep, that's a lot of ADRs for one day, but we'll just have to make it work. Akershus is a must do for DD, and we want to see Remy @ Chefs de France AND try Teppan Edo. Hopefully we can walk it all off. After dinner, we may head over to the Boardwalk to check out the night time entertainment.

Day 8 - MK/HS/EP
B - Crystal Palace
L - CS
D - Via Napoli

Yes, it's going to be a busy day, but it's our last. I've actually thought about going to AK too just so we can say we did 4 parks in one day, but we'll see how much energy we have! Since it's our last day, we'll head to MK first (I have to say buy to the castle), then we'll head to HS for a while, then to Epcot for dinner and to watch Illuminations. If we are able to everything we want at HS earlier in the week, we may just head to EP.

Day 9 - Go home.

Otherwise it looks good!! I am not ready to hit 4 parks in 1 day yet! If you can do it, and the kids are up for it, I say go for it!! It would be a memory maker for sure!!!

Does anyone know if Disney is still doing either of these promotions/specials

1) The last two times we went to the park, if we did certain things before noon, like stop off for a quick service meal somewhere, we got coupons on the receipts for 20% off at specific shops in the different parks, if we shopped before noon. Being pin collectors, we realized unless we wanted a pin that was about to sell out, if we waited for the coupons, we saved a bit a money on those

2) When we went in 2009, they sent us an e-mail about a month or so in advance offering us a $1000 gift card for $700, but it had some restrictions (could not be used for dining, etc). Someone said if you have used another pin for your vacation, you are not eligible for it, but others have said it can happen with other pins

Epcot
L - CS in Epcot
D - Garden Grille

Day 2 - MK/HS
B - CRT
L - CS
D - O'Hana

Day 3 - AK
B - Tusker House
L - CS
D - WCC

Day 4 - HS/MK
L - CS
D - CA Grille

I would probably go with a later dinner.

Day 5 - DTD/MK
B - no ADR
L - T-Rex
D - BOG (if available)

Will you have a car? I know getting to and from DTD can sometimes be a hassle so if no car then make sure to allow for travel time.

Day 6 - MK/HS
B - Chef Mickey's
L -
D - Sci Fi Dine In

Day 7 - EP
B - Akershus
L - Chefs de France
D - Teppan Edo

Day 8 - MK/HS/EP
B - Crystal Palace
L - CS
D - Via Napoli

Day 9 - Go home.

Sounds good!

Le Cellier, lunch

Garden Grill, Dinner

Glad to hear you got everything you want. Your reservations sound good. I have to make mine tomorrow and hope it goes as well as it did for you.

Ok...so I was going to do an ADR-less trip....but I just couldn't help myself!:rotfl: We are dining at Tusker House, Ohana, LeCellier, 50's Primetime, and Crystal Palace. I made my ADRs this morning and got everything I wanted at the exact times I wanted...YAHOO! It's much easier to get the times you want with a party of 2 rather than our normal party of 6! :)

So....now we wait for free dining.....;) We are staying at AoA and I keep having this feeling that FD won't be offered there at FIRST and then included later. I'm a chronic resort changer...so we'll see how it goes!!!
I wouldn't be able to go ADRless either!

Does anyone know if Disney is still doing either of these promotions/specials

1) The last two times we went to the park, if we did certain things before noon, like stop off for a quick service meal somewhere, we got coupons on the receipts for 20% off at specific shops in the different parks, if we shopped before noon. Being pin collectors, we realized unless we wanted a pin that was about to sell out, if we waited for the coupons, we saved a bit a money on those

2) When we went in 2009, they sent us an e-mail about a month or so in advance offering us a $1000 gift card for $700, but it had some restrictions (could not be used for dining, etc). Someone said if you have used another pin for your vacation, you are not eligible for it, but others have said it can happen with other pins

I have read recent reports of the coupon mentioned in #1 but haven't heard anything about #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter