November 2012 Trip planners #4~almost Disney time! Everyone welcome!

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by mommyof3princess27, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Smileybug

Smileybug Some honey for my old tags back

I came back because I realized I forgot to post the link. :lmao::blush:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1210609

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Smileybug

I hope everything goes really great for Sarah. :goodvibespixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:Sending lots of pixie dust her way!! And to you for today...... :hug: But how awesome is it your next time with her is in DISNEY!! :love:

4. Divaofdisney

Divaofdisney Mouseketeer

Yeah I know it totally is, and I can't wait. It can't come soon enough!! Till we are all together again in the happiest place on earth!!

5. princesshope1982

princesshope1982 Mouseketeer

i bought the transfers at michaels

the first batch we ordered look great. we arent going to be serious traders just more for fun and dd

6. disney mom of 6

disney mom of 6 Mouseketeer

Hi everybody,

We are heading to the beach tomorrow for some fun. There is a Disney outlet there so I'm planning on getting more t-shirts for our trip.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

:hug: This is why I no longer shy away from pictures. My mom passed 3yrs ago and we couldn't find many pictures either.

:welcome:

Have fun sewing!

very cute

Great job!

They look great!

Sending pixie dust!!

7. ksack

ksack Mouseketeer

Welcome!!

8. disneychic2

disneychic2 DIS Veteran

Awww it's always so sad to say good-bye. I went through that so many times. I'm glad you had a wonderful visit, though. Sounds like your family is very close and that's so special. :goodvibes

As though a trip to Disney wasn't special enough to look forward to, getting to see your Sarah makes it doubly so for you! I know the time will seem :snail: but it will be here before you know it!::yes::

9. KSBelle77

KSBelle77 Mouseketeer

So, week one of law school is finished! Not as scary as we had thought. Today I will be paying off our trip balance!!!!

10. Smileybug

Thats awesome!!! :thumbsup2

11. Smileybug

It echos in here. I'm not sure I have ever really noticed that before. :rotfl2:

12. Minnie Mommy Mouse

Minnie Mommy Mouse Mouseketeer

LOVE the t-shirts! I have made SSW tees (thank you Shadowriter & Dom13) and custom auto graph boos in the 2011, and Disneyfied pirate tees for our June 2012 cruise (thank you Tebi). I also made door magnets out of pirate images, and have printed & laminated images to decorate my scooter that I had to use in 2011 after feet surgeries.

It is very easy to do iron on transfers, and. Staples sells great magnet paper. Both can be printed at home from your computer printer. I also use my disigns for scrapbook embellishments.

I really enjoyed doing it, and everyone in our grand gatherings LOVED the finished work (especially the kids). We all got stopped and complemented:)

If you don't feel up to doing it yourself, www.zazzle.com has wonderful personalized shirts. Online Disney Store even uses them for personalized items. Their tees are high quality with tons of different styles, same with images. My family wore the old fashioned Mickey Mouse Club image which made for awesome photos. Even CMs asked about our shirts & complimented us:).

Another bonus with the Zazzles shirts is the imaging last 10x longer than the iron transfers. I have not had good luck with iron transfer images holding up after a few washes. JMTCW

HTH!

13. squirrel4569

squirrel4569 DIS Veteran

Anyone gotten Mickey Mail yet? :confused3

14. disneychic2

disneychic2 DIS Veteran

Glad to hear the first week went well. And congrats on paying off your trip!! It'll be here before you know it.:yay:

It usually doesn't come until about 30 days out. At least that has been my experience. I did get an offer for 30% off any resort a little while back. Does that count?:rotfl:

15. LyndenP

LyndenP Mouseketeer

Hi everyone
    I haven't been very vocal this year, but I have been trying to keep up with all of you lol.
    My wife and I are getting very excited for our trip which officially starts Nov. 5th and goes until the 13th. Staying at our favorite resort POR. This is a 2 year Disney wedding anniversary trip for us. 11/10/10. Although everyone else is tagging along. (once everyone arrives 17 of us total!)
    So I would like your opinions on a dining reservation dilemma. We currently have reservations for everyone for a few meals. The problem is the total number of people the ressies are for is 18. Someone had to drop out. You can imagine it's not easy getting ressies for a group that large, in fact they are all split 10 and 8. Is it going to be a problem showing up with one less person?
    My next question is about special experiences. For our wedding/honeymoon trip (which by the way was an epic 20 days long!) we received as a gift the living with the seas snorkeling adventure. That was totally awesome. So we made it a point to do something new like that every trip. Last year we did MNSSHP. This year we aren't sure. It's between horse back riding at Fort Wilderness, or The Wild Africa Trek. I've read a few threads about them but wanted to hear from all of you if you have experienced either one.
    Tags
    Thanks in advance

16. disneychic2

disneychic2 DIS Veteran

Wow! 17 people! Huge undertaking. Used to be one less person wouldn't matter, but now that most places require a cc to reserve and they say they will charge $10 each for no shows, I think to be safe you should call dining and let them know it's now 17 people. It may be you would be fine, but I wouldn't take a chance.:confused3

DH and I did the KTTK tour at MK and it was awesome! It is 5 hours long and you get lunch. If you go to the first one of the day, you enter MK when hardly anyone is there and can get some great shots of the castle and Main Street virtually empty. Also, they will be introducing a new segway tour at Epcot that is 3 hours long and includeds breakfast at Sunshine Seasons. Not sure when it's beginning, though. I've heard the Wild Aftrica Trek is lots of fun.::yes::

I just re-read and saw you want to pick between AT and Horseback riding. Sorry for all that other stuff. I haven't done either of the two you've picked, so I'm absolutely no help there. Good luck. I'm sure either one would be special.:goodvibes

17. uscgmouse

uscgmouse Mouseketeer

Here are a few things I was able to make this weekend...

Sippy cup and snack cup lanyard
    [​IMG]

crayon roll that holds 16 crayons
    [​IMG]

So happy my ticker is under 3 months!!!!!:cool1:

18. PixiePrincesses

PixiePrincesses Mouseketeer

Lmao. Hilarious! DH would kill me!

19. LyndenP

LyndenP Mouseketeer

Thanks for the insight. I looked today and I'm not sure they even offer horseback riding anymore. It wasn't listed as a special experience at least. I've always wanted to do the KTTK tour. (Hello utilidors sp?) And from what I can tell you get a photopass CD when you do the AT, and can use the card for the rest of your trip. I want to verify that for sure. Ahh first world problems trying to decide which special thing to do at Disney...

20. Santa

Santa DIS Veteran

I have always wanted to do the Keys To The Kingdom tour. I think it would be awesome. :thumbsup2

21. hurleysweety

hurleysweety <font color=deeppink>DISPrincess in Training<br><f

Oh wise November crowd - anyone have a recommendation for my very first sewing machine?

Both my sister and I have wanted to learn for years and are eager to start. I'm hoping to pick it up fast enough to get some things together for our trip! I don't want to spend too much, but want one that will work for a variety of projects. I'm hoping to do some pillows, simple clothing (open drapy cardigans), and general alterations - and my ultimate goal, a fish extender!!!! (I do plan on taking classes at my local Joanne Fabrics)