November 2012 Trip planners #4~almost Disney time! Everyone welcome!

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by mommyof3princess27, Aug 13, 2012.

1. AquaDame

AquaDame Are we there yet?

We just got ours two days ago and arrive Oct 28th (so day... 34?)! Should be any day for everyone! :goodvibes

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. princesshope1982

princesshope1982 Mouseketeer

how long does the photopass take to come,havent order ours yet was planning to do it 30 days out. is that cutting it to close.

4. Sandy Mouse

Sandy Mouse distant cousin of Mickey

We're at 36 days and no Mickey mail.

5. princesshope1982

princesshope1982 Mouseketeer

lol r u sure on that math

6. AquaDame

Nope! :D

7. ireneryan

ireneryan DIS Veteran

Shouldn't be too close, they say you need to call before you are 14 days out so that they have enough time to ship it to you, otherwise you have to buy it there, so you will be fine at 30 days out.:goodvibes

8. MomTo3PrincessesInNJ

MomTo3PrincessesInNJ DIS Veteran

I have been doing some shopping during my down time I work... just purchased some accessories for our stroller :thumbsup2

We figured we would need extra storage space for all of the stuff we'll be traveling with and for the things we will be buying in the parks, so I got 2 "saddle bags" that hang on the side of our stroller and also a snack tray for Cate (instead of the belly bar it came with).

I also purchased a travel size bike tire pump -- I can't have flat wheels @ Disney!

Now I just have to work on clothes for the girls... I have a bunch of Tshirts I got from the Disney Store, but I need to get layering shirts and leggings in case it's chilly while we're there!

pixiedust:40 DAYS TO GO!pixiedust:

9. Smileybug

Smileybug Some honey for my old tags back

Hey ya'll. :goodvibes
    I have been buying things as well. :thumbsup2 Got my new point and shoot camera today. :banana:

10. peachygreen

peachygreen DIS Veteran

I need to start working on my day to day plans but I'm having a hard time sitting down to do it.

So I'm spending my time sewing instead. I have finished dresses or skirt/tee combos for my 2 girls for 7 of 10 events/days. Only 3 more to go. One is in progress (aka cut out - I will try to do the sewing tonight), the other 2 I have material but no firm plan for yet. I'm still working out the details. I originally didn't think I'd come close to finishing all the outfits I had planned so I am thrilled that I am 50 days out and have 14 of 20 outfits complete. I feel pretty good that I can finish the other 6 in time now.

If you want I'll post pictures.

I do need to work on the day to day stuff though. I need to get my sister to confirm which meal she wants for Thanksgiving. There have been so many changes with the new Fantasyland, Test Track being closed, Christmas events, etc that I'm having a hard time figuring out where to start.

11. disney mom of 6

disney mom of 6 Mouseketeer

Behind again. Hello everybody! We went for a walk today and pretended we were rushing to the Character spot and then soarin. We looked at the map and plotted our course. The kids thought it was a hoot. I told them not to run or the cm's would get us. Ha Ha!

Sounds like a lot of reasons to swich. You deserve that crown.

Welcome!

Hello!

Woo Hoo!!! 61 days for us

What a fun surprise!

Woo Hoo!!!

Woo Hoo! for paying off the trip!

:welcome:

:cool1:

I'm still working on shirts. I keep telling myself just do a little everyday.

Sooooooo happy to read this!

I have no expert opinion but I have read the ones in Germany are good. I think I might like to try the one shaped like Mickey. I am def trying the cream cheese one at the Lunching pad in Tomorrowland.

:welcome: That is exciting!

12. GMU MOM

GMU MOM Mouseketeer

Oh yes, please post some pics if you don't mind. I love seeing what other people are busy creating. Our trip this time is only 5 days long so there's really not a whole lot left for me to do as far as outfits. I bought most of our shirts at the Disney store. I still have one set of shirts to make.

I also need to plan each of our days and make a list of all the must try snacks.
    Today was supposed to be a Disney planning day but I ended up spending it in the ER. Nothing too serious but enough for DH to insist on me going. I'm home now and feeling much better.

13. disney mom of 6

Congrats on paying off the trip!

We usually do 1 day at DHS and think of it as an easy day. My dd8 says it is her favorite park. This is the first year she is able to do the bigger rides so I'm sure we will be spending more time there. We like tsm, little mermaid show, beauty and the beast show and disney junior and this year I am determined to get a butterfinger cupcake at starring rolls.

Sorry your missing your kiddos. It will be over soon and then you'll have what you need for a great trip.

Thanks for posting. My dd8 was thrilled!

:welcome: Sounds like a fun time. We have a 2yr old also and I'm wondering how she will do. I think she will be fine with face characters but you never know.

:welcome:

The bag sounds great!

We will be at Pop too. What are you making for your window? I was going to bring some window cling decorations.

We are spending 2 days in Epcot. We are going to focus on one side each day. Does that make sense? Like head to the right one day and the left the other.

Wow Chef Mickeys on Thanksgiving thats great!

Thats a lot of outfits. Good for you!

14. disney mom of 6

Sorry to read this. Hope you feel better!

15. mickeye

mickeye DIS Veteran

I have been waiting so long for this trip. It's our first time for a trip at Christmas and it's been planned for 3 years. But, the other day we got news that a much loved family member who has been fighting cancer and has been doing so well, has all of a sudden taken a turn for the worse and has only 4-8 weeks to go. I'm devastated to say the least. The trip is up in the air; I can't miss a family funeral for a dear loved one. Then yesterday (3 days after being told the bad news), we got a call that they were gone. I'm absolutely crushed. The funeral will not interfere with the trip at all, but suddenly the trip just doesn't seem important. I can't even enjoy working on the shirts I was making. The magic isn't there because I know that if I'm on the trip I'm going to see all kinds of things that I would liked to have bought for her.

16. peachygreen

peachygreen DIS Veteran

I'm sorry for your loss. :hug:

17. LifeIsDis

LifeIsDis "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

I am SO sorry. Just remember, "These times are hard, but they will pass." :hug:

18. mommyof3princess27

mommyof3princess27 What we've got here is failure to communicate

Yes please post pics!

Sent from Erin's iPhone using DISBoards

19. dillydilly

dillydilly Mouseketeer

So far I have made paper Disney ornaments to hang in the 1st window and I do have some lights and various other stuff. This will be our Christmas themed window. The 2nd window will be a vacation celebration themed window with bright colors. I have not seen the window clings at our Walgreens. I have been to several around here and so far have not found anything!

We are leaning more and more toward the 2nd day at Epcot too. I don't want to feel rushed. My kids love studying things about different countries (and our homeschooling curriculum this year is heavy on World Geography).

Are you at Pop when we are? Keep an eye out for us! I'd love to 'meet' some disers in real life for a quick hello! I'll have a bright red backpack with a lgmh hanging from it and my girls have very very long hair!

20. dillydilly

dillydilly Mouseketeer

I am so sorry for your loss.

21. AquaDame

Im so sorry for your loss! :hug: We lost my grandfather earlier this year, he made a significant imprint on my life and was very dear to me. This feeling will pass... the funeral and next few weeks will be very hard, but in time 'they would have loved this... *cry*' becomes 'they would have loved this... *smile*'.