November 2012 CANCELLED ADR Thread - Read 1st Post

Wish that was more like 1:05!

Sorry about that :(. I cancelled that one because I got one for the following Friday at a better time. I wanted the 2nd to work out for a better time since it was hubby's 30th bday but it just didn't happen.

Sorry about that :(. I cancelled that one because I got one for the following Friday at a better time. I wanted the 2nd to work out for a better time since it was hubby's 30th bday but it just didn't happen.

That's ok. I had to release Le Cellier 2 weeks ago at 11:30 that day, since we will be at MK until noon, on a tour. So I've been hunting lunch ADR's ever since.

mommyof3princess27 said:
Gonna cancel a 815 adr for 1900 PF for 7ppl :) on 11/30

Is this breakfast or dinner?

If breakfast I would love to coordinate if you haven't cancelled already (if you did it's gone!)

I’ll be cancelling the following reservations tonight (Wednesday, October 17) at 9:30 pm Eastern. If you would like to coordinate a cancellation with me, send me a PM and I will respond, otherwise they’re going back into the pool at 9:30 pm. I had to do some reservation shuffling as some people weren't able to join us.

Hollywood & Vine
Date: Saturday, November 17, 2012
Time: 9:55 a.m.
Party Size: 12 Guests

Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater
Date: Saturday, November 17, 2012
Time: 4:05 p.m.

1900 Park Fare
Date: Sunday, November 18, 2012
Time: 8:20 a.m.

'Ohana
Date: Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Time: 8:25 a.m.

Chef Mickey's
Date: Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Time: 8:30 a.m.
Party Size: 4 Guests

Good luck pixiedust:

I'm going to release a 1900 Park Fare reservation for 7 people on 11/29 @ 9:15a.m. in a few minutes. Hoping the universe will, in turn, grant me an Akershus or Coral Reef reservation. :)

It's still there if anyone wants it. Also releasing Coral Reef for 7 on November 26 @ 8:55 p.m. It's just too late in the evening for us.

ex007 said:
You missed my point. So it's not okay to hold a place in line for a six year old who needs to use the restroom, but it is okay to hold multiple ADRs for the same restaurant at, basically, the same time?:confused3

I see the point, and agree with you!

I am sure there will be a moderator in here soon to clean up all the "extra" posts. This one included. Remember, this is just a place to post and check for cancelations.

I am about to cancel the following for a party of 4:

'Ohana 11/9 7:05pm
H&V 11/10 12:25pm
Garden Grill 11/10 5:45pm
Tusker House 11/12 9:05am

I’ll be cancelling the following reservations tonight (Wednesday, October 17) at 8:30 pm Eastern Time. We needed to shift our trip dates a few days so these no longer work for us. I hope someone can use them.

Sci-Fi Dine In
Date: Monday, November 19, 2012
Time: 8:35 pm
Party Size: 5 people

Akershus
Time: 10:45 am

Liberty Tree Tavern
Date: Friday, November 23, 2012
Time: 6:45 pm
PartySize: 5 people

You missed my point. So it's not okay to hold a place in line for a six year old who needs to use the restroom, but it is okay to hold multiple ADRs for the same restaurant at, basically, the same time?:confused3

For starters, we have no idea why or how long the poster held those ADRs. She may have a party of 4 and tried to get 2 ADRs for 2 with hopes she could combine them, or so that 2 couples could both eat there at the same time even if they did not get a table for 4. She may have picked up and it didn't show up on her reservation list, so she got the other and later realized they were both there. Your inability to get an ADR over the past several weeks is not clear evidence that she has held them through that period. Like I said, I was able to get several ADRs for that week during the same period. She very well could have picked those up ten minutes before.

The bathroom comparison is not exactly comparable. In that comparison, you have one person appearing to reserve one spot, but expecting others to grant them more. In the ADR situation, you have someone reserving more spots than they need, then releasing them for others who want them in ample time to not effect the person's experience. That's more like a party grabbing 8 fast passes even though only 4 people ride, and then giving the other 4 to someone else.

For starters, we have no idea why or how long the poster held those ADRs. She may have a party of 4 and tried to get 2 ADRs for 2 with hopes she could combine them, or so that 2 couples could both eat there at the same time even if they did not get a table for 4. She may have picked up and it didn't show up on her reservation list, so she got the other and later realized they were both there. Your inability to get an ADR over the past several weeks is not clear evidence that she has held them through that period. Like I said, I was able to get several ADRs for that week during the same period. She very well could have picked those up ten minutes before.

The bathroom comparison is not exactly comparable. In that comparison, you have one person appearing to reserve one spot, but expecting others to grant them more. In the ADR situation, you have someone reserving more spots than they need, then releasing them for others who want them in ample time to not effect the person's experience. That's more like a party grabbing 8 fast passes even though only 4 people ride, and then giving the other 4 to someone else.

:rotfl2:

Wow, thanks for clearing that up. Feel better now?

I am sure there will be a moderator in here soon to clean up all the "extra" posts. This one included. Remember, this is just a place to post and check for cancelations.

Actually, this has kind of been a free-for-all with requests for the past week. I had an offhand mention during a reply for just a restaurant's name, nothing specific, and it was wiped within an hour 2 weeks ago. Now there are flat out requests with specific dates, times and party sizes that aren't being removed.

I was starting to think that once it gets close to the month they stop monitoring.

I have a 10:55 am at Chef Mickey's on 11/2 for 7 people that we decided to move to lunch. (FYI, tons of lunch spots open that day). If anyone wants the breakfast slot, let me know, otherwise I'll cancel sometime tomorrow.

I just released Tusker House on 11/3 at 8:30am for 3 ppl.

I know it's short notice, but I had to add my niece and they had an earlier ADR available! Hope this helps someone!

I just canceled the ADR's below. I didn't make it home before 8:30pm tonight like I was planning. I hope someone can get one of them.

Sci-Fi Dine In
Date: Monday, November 19, 2012
Time: 8:35 pm

Akershus
Time: 10:45 am

Liberty Tree Tavern
Date: Friday, November 23, 2012
Time: 6:45 pm

Michele
PartySize: 5 people

I just cancelled Via Napoli on 11/3 at 4:30 if anyone wants it! I finally got my Ohana at 5 o'clock that night, so I had to let that one go. It's for 7 people, still on there!

Canceling the following at 9am (est) today.

11/20 Ohana 7:45am 3 people

11/21 Tusker House 9:10am 3 people

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter