November 17, 2012 TURKEY Cruise

We just got off the Dream on Friday and booked this cruise while onboard! It will be me (Scott--33), DW (Christy--34) and DS (Evan--4). We have a category 9B (#2532). We are very excited about this cruise as we have always done 3 and 4 night cruises and just recently got off a 5 nighter and loved it! We can't wait for another 2 nights on the ship! This will be our 8th Disney Cruise! Can you tell we are hooked? :)

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Scott

Hello there!

We just got off the Dream yesterday and while on the ship, we booked Thanksgiving 2012 on the Fantasy. We've never booked a cruise this far out.

It will be dh and myself sailing. Looking forward to this one as the 3 nighter on the Dream was just way too short.

Thanksgiving 2011 we are booked on the Oasis of the Seas and last Thanksgiving we were on a 10 night Southern Caribbean cruise on the Emerald Princess.

Looking forward to getting to know ya'll.

Hey gang:wave2:

My family is also booked on this cruise! We sailed the 4-night Dream May 8th sailing. After doing the 3 night twice, then the 4 night we now realize that we need the full week. So we re-booked on-board and got the 10% discount as well as a nice OBC. I think it's $200.

Anyway, we are also in NY and while at first I was thrilled to see the NY itineraries, the pricing is too steep. And while I absolutely hate flying, I figured I'd rather go on the newest ship much more than the Magic at this point. We also have 3 kids, so needed to book 2 rooms on the Magic vs. just one on the Fantasy. So we booked an oceanview 8C and are pretty pleased with the price. I am wondering what the pricing was like when it first opened for booking a few months ago, hoping we are still ahead of the game with our re-booking incentives.

By the way- we had 31 family members join us on our Dream cruise, and some of them didn't like it. I felt so bad, since we were the first ones to book and pretty much convinced them all to join us. The ones who didn't love it aren't really huge Disney fans to begin with, but they also felt like they just didn't love cruising in general. As much fun as that was, I'm looking forward to this being a much more intimate time with my family. (my kids were so interested in what their cousins were doing that I barely saw them those 4 days)

I'm also looking forward to the new Aladdin show, the upgraded Animator's Palate, the Pirate's League onboard inside the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and just having a whole new experience. I also can't wait to be able to say I've sailed on 3 out of the 4 DCL ships.

We may have to book that 2-nighter out of NY after all just to make it an even 4. lol... just kidding, cause that was almost $1000 for just 2 of us and I'm spending $5800 for 5 extra nights and 3 kids on top of that. I just can't justify the cost of the NY sailings.

Sorry this was so long, but I'm stuck in a hospital room and bored right now! Looking forward to meeting some of you on our Turkey cruise. Gobble Gobble :cool1:

We booked this cruise in early April, when it finally appeared online. A friend who is sailing with me rebooked us while she was onboard a few weeks ago, and I moved from an 11B to a 9A and the cruise fare was still $90 less, in addition to the onboard credit. I love vacationing during Thanksgiving. This will be fun.

My wife and myself with our two sons!

We just got off the Dream on Friday and booked this cruise while onboard! It will be me (Scott--33), DW (Christy--34) and DS (Evan--4). We have a category 9B (#2532). We are very excited about this cruise as we have always done 3 and 4 night cruises and just recently got off a 5 nighter and loved it! We can't wait for another 2 nights on the ship! This will be our 8th Disney Cruise! Can you tell we are hooked? :)

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Scott

:welcome::welcome::welcome: Aboard !!! Nice to see more people joining this cruise !! This is a special cruise for me & Dh. We will be on Castaway the same day & month we were married on Castaway. What are the odds ? :confused3 Hopefully this thread will get a little bit more active so we can get to know each other.

I have the Hawaii cruise to look forward to then I think the time will fly by for this cruise. Only 7 months difference.

Sooooo does anyone else have a cruise lined up before this one ?

Yay... we are booked. We just got off the Dream on 6/26 but I dislocated my elbow a week before our cruise so I felt I didn't get a great vacation. I didn't get to take all the pictures I wanted with only one hand. I was in a sling and splint. I still am. It will be me, dh, dd(11) and dd(15).

We definitely want to do fish extenders, too.....

Yay... we are booked. We just got off the Dream on 6/26 but I dislocated my elbow a week before our cruise so I felt I didn't get a great vacation. I didn't get to take all the pictures I wanted with only one hand. I was in a sling and splint. I still am. It will be me, dh, dd(11) and dd(15).

We definitely want to do fish extenders, too.....

Welcome Aboard !! Ouch ! Not a good way to start a cruise.:sad2: I am really looking forward to seeing the Fantasy. I haven't been on the Dream yet, but that's o.k. Hope you heal quickly.

We are thinking about transfering to this cruise as well. Does anyone know if the ship will be decorated for Christmas yet??

We are thinking about transfering to this cruise as well. Does anyone know if the ship will be decorated for Christmas yet??

Hi Kristin,
I hunted around on the threads and found this one about how the ships are decorated for Christmas in time for the Thanksgiving cruises.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread...ght=thanksgiving+cruise+christmas+decorations

Has anyone on this meet thread done a Thanksgiving cruise before? If so, was the ship decked out for Christmas by your cruise? Seems I remember somewhere on one of the threads that chefs bake a huge (and wonderful smelling) gingerbread house that goes in the atrium.

I'm adding another link here that I just found!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2613902&highlight=thanksgiving+gingerbread+house

Hi Kristin,
I hunted around on the threads and found this one about how the ships are decorated for Christmas in time for the Thanksgiving cruises.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread...ght=thanksgiving+cruise+christmas+decorations

Has anyone on this meet thread done a Thanksgiving cruise before? If so, was the ship decked out for Christmas by your cruise? Seems I remember somewhere on one of the threads that chefs bake a huge (and wonderful smelling) gingerbread house that goes in the atrium.

This could turn out to be a reunion cruise for the 8/16 Dream cruisers if you all keep this up!

I haven't done a Thanksgiving cruise, but have sailed 3 times the first week or two of December, and can speak to the gingerbread house. As I understand it, they start the house on the Thanksgiving cruise, and keep adding to it up through Christmas. I believe the ship is decorated from Thanksgiving to the first week of January in Holiday spendor! We loved watching the gingerbread house grow and develop as the week goes by. We never saw them actually working on it (they're like elves - working while we sleep) but each morning there would be something new. When we've sailed the 1st week of December, the house was decorated very simply, but the decorations grew more elaborate as the week went on. Since the Dream hasn't done any holiday cruises yet, it remains to be seen where (and if) they do it on the new ships. On the Magic, they used to build the house at the base of the stairs leading up to Shutters, then they built it in the Promenade Lounge the last 2 times we saw it.

I think on the New Year's cruise, or any special Holiday cruise ending in early January, people reported standing in line to get off the ship and watching men with sledgehammers demolish the house bright and early that last morning, so it would be gone by the time the next cruise started.

Hi Cathleen, It would be fun to have Kristin join us for the Turkey Cruise too. I'm trying to convince her by finding all kinds of good links! :)

Hey everyone,

My husband and I booked this cruise while on the Dream in early July. We have done two Thanksgiving cruses in the past. Both on the Magic.

The X-mas decorations are usually somewhat up, and new things pop up all the time as you are cruising. The Christmas thee was up and the atrium fully decorated both cruises. There is a Thanksgiving Menu available, which is great as well!

I know we saw Castaway Cay decorated for x-mas on our first Thanksgiving cruises, but I can not remember if it was decorated in time for the second cruise we took. I will have to go back and look at photos.

Hey everyone,

My husband and I booked this cruise while on the Dream in early July. We have done two Thanksgiving cruses in the past. Both on the Magic.

The X-mas decorations are usually somewhat up, and new things pop up all the time as you are cruising. The Christmas thee was up and the atrium fully decorated both cruises. There is a Thanksgiving Menu available, which is great as well!

I know we saw Castaway Cay decorated for x-mas on our first Thanksgiving cruises, but I can not remember if it was decorated in time for the second cruise we took. I will have to go back and look at photos.

Welcome Aboard !! I agree with what you said about the decorations. That's just how it was for us when we went. I am looking forward to seeing what they do on the Fantasy. This will be the first time for them doing decorations.

I don't know if this will be helpful as Bev puts the roll call together, but I was getting curious about who had signed up to go so far. So I made a cursory wander through the posts and created an informal list of the disboard people who mentioned they had booked. I probably made a mistake and forgot someone, but I found 19 of you by going through the 7 pages of conversations!

It will be fun getting to know all of you on this thread over the course of the next sixteen months! :):):)

Mickeymom923 ~ Bev and DH (Lou)
poohbear926 ~ Lindsay
LisaWalkerC21 ~ Lisa, DH, DS age 8, DS age 10.
castoff ~ Tina and DH (Chuck).
dizney-cruiser ~ Janice
aliron682 ~ Alison, DH (Ron, DD (Lauren, age 11).
HallsofVa ~ Cathleen, DH, DS, DD
BBQMommy ~ Caryn
terimac ~ Teri, DH (Mason), DS age 8, DD age 6.
tinkerbelltwins ~ Beth, DH (Steve), DD (Hope, age 9), DD (Skye, age 9).
winnyis ~ Ginny, DH DD age 17, DS age 14.
kayleebug ~ Dena, DH (Michael), DD (Kaylee, age 11), DS (Adam, age 4).
lucas ~ ?
nu2dvc ~ ?
DenverVal ~ Val (I assume!)
scottb8888 ~ Scott (I assume again!), DW, DS, DS.
whithouston ~ Scott, DW (Christy, DS (Evan).
OurDogCisco ~ Tina, DH (John), DD (Kaitlyn, age 11), DD (Courtney, age 15).
SSRJen ~ ?

I don't know if this will be helpful as Bev puts the roll call together, but I was getting curious about who had signed up to go so far. So I made a cursory wander through the posts and created an informal list of the disboard people who mentioned they had booked. What isn't here are all the family members that were mentioned in the posts. I probably made a mistake and forgot someone, but I found 19 of you by going through the 7 pages of conversations!

It will be fun getting to know all of you on this thread over the course of the next sixteen months! :):):)

Mickeymom923 ~ Bev
poohbear926 ~ Lindsay
LisaWalkerC21 ~ Lisa
castoff ~ Tina
dizney-cruiser ~ Janice
aliron682 ~ Alison
HallsofVa ~ Cathleen
BBQMommy ~ Caryn
terimac ~ Teri
tinkerbelltwins ~ Beth
winnyis ~ Ginny
kayleebug ~ Dena
lucas ~ ?
nu2dvc ~ ?
scottb8888 ~ Scott (I assume again!)
whithouston ~ Scott
OurDogCisco ~ ?
SSRJen ~ ?

Awesome ! Thanks for doing this. :thumbsup2 When Bev stops by maybe she could put it on the first page. You can add my DH to mine. His name is Chuck.

Awesome ! Thanks for doing this. :thumbsup2 When Bev stops by maybe she could put it on the first page. You can add my DH to mine. His name is Chuck.

Hi Tina, I edited my previous post to include him and I also added my family's info including my husband and the twins' age at the time of sail. Bev is welcome to use this info any way that it can be helpful. I can also add the other names of significant others mentioned in original posts by dissers saying they had booked the cruise. Bev can then cut and paste that post into hers and then keep adding others as they join. Or not. Whatever works is fine with me as we are all getting into the cruising state of mind. :beach::beach:

Hi All,

We are tossing around the idea of switching our summer Fantasy cruise to this cruise!!

Hi Tina, I edited my previous post to include him and I also added my family's info including my husband and the twins' age at the time of sail. Bev is welcome to use this info any way that it can be helpful. I can also add the other names of significant others mentioned in original posts by dissers saying they had booked the cruise. Bev can then cut and paste that post into hers and then keep adding others as they join. Or not. Whatever works is fine with me as we are all getting into the cruising state of mind. :beach::beach:

Thanks Beth ! I sen't Bev a message so hopefully she will stop by.:)

Hi All,

We are tossing around the idea of switching our summer Fantasy cruise to this cruise!!

:thumbsup2 Here is my 2 cents even though you didn't ask for it.;) Summer vs Fall.

Summer-
VERY HOT

Fall-
We are farther south and should be very comfortable with the weather.
Seeing Christmas decorations for the first time on the Fantasy.
Going to San Juan
Thanksgiving on the Fantasy with family priceless

Did I help you make your decision ? :rotfl2:

I don't know if this will be helpful as Bev puts the roll call together, but I was getting curious about who had signed up to go so far. So I made a cursory wander through the posts and created an informal list of the disboard people who mentioned they had booked. What isn't here are all the family members that were mentioned in the posts, but if you want me to add them I am happy to edit this (just let me know). I probably made a mistake and forgot someone, but I found 19 of you by going through the 7 pages of conversations!

Mickeymom923 ~ Bev
poohbear926 ~ Lindsay
LisaWalkerC21 ~ Lisa
castoff ~ Tina and DH (Chuck)
dizney-cruiser ~ Janice
aliron682 ~ Alison
HallsofVa ~ Cathleen
BBQMommy ~ Caryn
terimac ~ Teri
tinkerbelltwins ~ Beth, DH (Steve), DD (9), DD (9).
winnyis ~ Ginny
kayleebug ~ Dena
lucas ~ ?
nu2dvc ~ ?
scottb8888 ~ Scott (I assume again!)
whithouston ~ Scott
OurDogCisco ~ ?
SSRJen ~ ?

I can't wait until our cruise.... I'm a Tina too. LOL... My husband is John and my kids are Courtney (15) and Katlyn (11). Thanks for putting a list together...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter